Author Topic: The Hardest Games Ever?  (Read 5517 times)

The Hardest Games Ever?
« on: January 16, 2016, 12:14:20 pm »
Hey guys I wanted to share the hardest games I've ever encountered. What's yours?

Re: The Hardest Games Ever?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
You can't get games harder than Super Metroid Impossible. Ridley guards the Varia Suit, meaning you have to go through everything up to Ridley with just your normal suit. Samus drains health constantly in heated rooms without the Varia suit, and Lower Norfair is all heated. There are spikes everywhere. Samus moves much slower in water without the Gravity Suit, which also is locked until after Ridley is dead.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:24:07 pm by courtlyhades296 »

telly

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »
I've mentioned this before I think, but for me Pokemon randomizer nuzlocke runs are nigh impossible to beat. In maybe the 30+ times I've tried a run I've only gotten to the sixth gym.

I guess otherwise I stay away from the really tough games. I like to be challenged, but if it's really hard I'll just walk away from all my gaming sessions feeling like I didn't accomplish anything.  :-[
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:50 pm »
After playing through Contra, Mega Man 1 I really don't think those were too difficult compared to more difficult games in the NES library like Ghosts n Goblins or Ninja Gaiden III.

A lot of arcade games are pretty difficult to beat on one quarter, because they are designed to eat your money. The worst example I can think of is Metamorphic Force, since your health is constantly draining and bosses+ enemies do more damage and have additional attacks not found in the other versions.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
Ghost 'n Goblins has to be on the list. That game is brutal! 
I want to be good at it so bad, but I'm terrible.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 02:05:28 am »
As soon as i seen this topic, immediately came to mind...dun dun dun.... NES Ghosts'N'Goblins... i recently beat it on an emulator just to do it and even that took me foreeeevvvveeerrrrrr haha

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 02:41:51 am »
As soon as i seen this topic, immediately came to mind...dun dun dun.... NES Ghosts'N'Goblins... i recently beat it on an emulator just to do it and even that took me foreeeevvvveeerrrrrr haha

I can imagine. Take 2 steps. Save state. Throw knife. Save state. Die. Restore state. Jump. Throw knife. Save state.

Etc.

:) At least that would be me playing it on the Retron 5.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 04:14:28 am »
Since I'm getting a PS4 soon, I'm curious to see if Bloodborne is as challenging as it's said to be.  Dark Souls 1 and 2 were considered pretty hard games at one point and while they have their challenge, I felt like once you played the game for awhile and hit like the half way point, the game got fairly standard in terms of difficulty and stopped being that hard, other than surviving the tedium of long runs back to where you died lol

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 09:49:13 am »
Since I'm getting a PS4 soon, I'm curious to see if Bloodborne is as challenging as it's said to be.  Dark Souls 1 and 2 were considered pretty hard games at one point and while they have their challenge, I felt like once you played the game for awhile and hit like the half way point, the game got fairly standard in terms of difficulty and stopped being that hard, other than surviving the tedium of long runs back to where you died lol

That's pretty much Bloodborne as well, if not more so.  I beat quite a few of latter bosses on first try and I'm by no means great at those games.  My buddy did as well and this was his first Souls game.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 10:15:19 am »
The hardest game is a little game that goes by the name of Life.

...oh that doesn't count, then monopoly since everyone I know either gets bored, has to leave, or says "f___ this" and flips the table.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »
Super Metroid is the hardest? Nah, that probably just means you missed an upgrade for your suit or an energy unit or two. The game progresses quite fairly if you're finding your items when you're supposed to.

My pick has got to go to the fun, yet frustratingly hard (in the final areas) of Battle of Olympus on NES. I've been trying to beat that game my entire life. Even with a Game Genie I can't do it.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 01:22:33 pm »
Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 03:31:16 pm »
Super Metroid is the hardest? Nah, that probably just means you missed an upgrade for your suit or an energy unit or two. The game progresses quite fairly if you're finding your items when you're supposed to.

My pick has got to go to the fun, yet frustratingly hard (in the final areas) of Battle of Olympus on NES. I've been trying to beat that game my entire life. Even with a Game Genie I can't do it.

The poster above mentioned the Super Metroid hack called Impossible. :) And omg, someone else plays Battle of Olympus. That has to be my favorite game of all the games on the NES.

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 11:24:21 pm »
Mega Man & Bass for GBA, though it's hard for a lot of arbitrary reasons.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 11:48:40 pm »
I don't mean to be a jerk, but I beat Mega Man when I was in elementary school. I'm not saying it isn't challenging, but definitely not one of the hardest games ever.

Ninja Gaiden was always frustrating for me on the NES. I have been meaning to play it again now and see if my skills are better or slower in my old age.

Great video - thanks for sharing!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01