Author Topic: The Hardest Games Ever?  (Read 5519 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Hardest Games Ever?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 11:34:58 am »
Super Metroid is the hardest? Nah, that probably just means you missed an upgrade for your suit or an energy unit or two. The game progresses quite fairly if you're finding your items when you're supposed to.

My pick has got to go to the fun, yet frustratingly hard (in the final areas) of Battle of Olympus on NES. I've been trying to beat that game my entire life. Even with a Game Genie I can't do it.

The poster above mentioned the Super Metroid hack called Impossible. :) And omg, someone else plays Battle of Olympus. That has to be my favorite game of all the games on the NES.

Oops, my bad then.

And yeah, that game is the best Zelda 2 clone around! Open-world before open-world was a thing. And that opening music always got me pumped as a kid. But like I said, unfairly hard during the final areas. Have you beaten it?

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 12:07:43 am »
Sonic 2 on the Game Gear has a boss battle in the first zone that would make me want to hit a baby bunny in the face I get so frustrated. The worst part is that I used to be able to beat the boss quite easily as a kid and now my reflexes are more like Blitzball from FFX than Madden or Fifa.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:45:54 am »
animal crossing

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:21 am »
animal crossing

Hard to collect all 100 Amiibo cards and not spend $1000.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »
Silver Surfer (NES).  People who beat it are immortal. I don't believe it is beatable. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »
Silver Surfer (NES).  People who beat it are immortal. I don't believe it is beatable.

That game is beyond hard.  It's the devil.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 05:32:53 pm »
Ghost 'n Goblins has to be on the list. That game is brutal! 
I want to be good at it so bad, but I'm terrible.

Badges

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 05:34:04 pm »

That game is beyond hard.  It's the devil.
Double post. I'd argue a difference between genuinely hard games and games that are poorly designed that make it hard.

Badges

thecrypticodor

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42:13 pm »
A game I just recently obtained for the Genesis Target Earth is pretty ridiculous probably the hardest game I've played on the system thus far. Also kind of a polarizing game too from things I read some people seem to love it others hate it.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 12:52:19 am »
Not a very well known game, but Drakengard 3 on the ps3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgukXzA_-E