Author Topic: Import collection from GameFAQs.com?  (Read 1368 times)

denpanosekai

Import collection from GameFAQs.com?
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:57:59 am »
I'm ready to make the switch to VGCollect, I'm sick of gamefaqs.com lack of updates to their collection tool. There is no "export" functionality, which is the most egregious omission.

I figure I'll probably have to pull an all-nighter manually adding each title back into VGCollect (I have over 800 titles), so if anyone's gone through the same process recently, I'd appreciate any and all tips.

aliensstudios

Re: Import collection from GameFAQs.com?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »
I did this when I joined about a year ago, I had about 500 items at the time. I just went platform by platform, unfortunately it took me a few days to get everything in there because I was too lazy to do it all at once. I'd say just go platform by platform, if you get burned out, just finish the current platform and then move on some other time.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

Re: Import collection from GameFAQs.com?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »
Yeah, best and quickest way at the moment (without an export from Gamefaqs) would be to use the "browse" tab to go platform by platform (you can use the little checkboxes and click "add to collection" at the bottom of the page).  This is, of course, if you have a lot of things for one platform. If your collection is spread over a lot of platforms, it might be a little tough. I'd say start with your biggest subcollection first (I started with my DS games because that's what I have the most of) and add from there. It may be a little rough in the beginning, but it almost felt like an addiction when I first started building up my collection in VGC  :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas