Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 31203 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2016, 03:27:00 pm »
I just went and picked up my Fire Emblem. It was there.  It's not even mine.  I bought it for my brother for Christmas.  Now I have to deliver it.

Nice! Was it the special edition or one of the two options?

The Special Edition

Nice! Your brother is gonna freak.

He knows it's coming.  I gave him the pre-order receipt at Christmas
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:28:44 pm by turf »

desocietas

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »

He knows it's coming.  I gave him the pre-order receipt at Christmas

Oh, gotcha. I thought you meant you walked in without a preorder and snagged one for him, haha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2016, 07:12:37 pm »
Just got Tiny Toon Adventures Toonenstein and Disney's PK out of the shadows (GCN) in the mail.

Went to visit Gamestop and realized I had some unused coupons so I bought Fragile Dreams (Wii), Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii), Mega Man Zero Collection (DS), Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS), and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (360).

Should be getting Chrono Cross (PSX) in the mail later today from Amazon, hopefully it's black label, if not oh well, I got it dirt cheap.

Wishlist is down to 115 and I still have 2 more on the way.  Getting close to my 2016 goal of getting it under 100.  Started at around 200 at the beginning of the year... most of that I think was deciding I didn't want the game any more.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2016, 07:15:17 pm »
Got my copy of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2016, 10:22:23 pm »
After the shit storm involving the preorders for this thing, I consider myself very, VERY lucky to have this right now.

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2016, 11:51:01 am »
Just got Tiny Toon Adventures Toonenstein and Disney's PK out of the shadows (GCN) in the mail.

Went to visit Gamestop and realized I had some unused coupons so I bought Fragile Dreams (Wii), Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii), Mega Man Zero Collection (DS), Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS), and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (360).

Should be getting Chrono Cross (PSX) in the mail later today from Amazon, hopefully it's black label, if not oh well, I got it dirt cheap.

Wishlist is down to 115 and I still have 2 more on the way.  Getting close to my 2016 goal of getting it under 100.  Started at around 200 at the beginning of the year... most of that I think was deciding I didn't want the game any more.
Chrono Cross was black label and it looked brand new.  Awesome.

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2016, 01:37:45 pm »

Did some shopping yesturday and picked up Greninja, Pink Yoshi, Resetti and Xenoblade Chronicles X. From Soera I bought the indigo GameCube, Jigglypuff and House of the Dead Overkill.

I also did a bunch of ebay importing. The Game Boy games were in small, unlabeled lots so I got them for very cheap. As you can see I do have some spares. I'll go through and test them and put them up for sale soon along with some other games I'm not interested in. Now for the actual inventory I picked up:
CIB Super Mario Kart, CIB Kuru Kuru Kururin (I'm excited about this one. For you EU guys, it wasn't released in the States.), Hudson Soft Famicom controller, Doraemon, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, Custom Robo V2, Pokemon Gold, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Crystal, Wario Land 2, Tetris Blast, Tetris, Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble, Shin-chan, Rockman World 2, Blodia (Timeball), Game Boy Wars (Famicom/Advance Wars series), Puyo Puyo, Mario Land 2, Solar Striker, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children: Kuro no Sho, Dragon Warrior Monsters.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:47:25 pm by badATchaos »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2016, 06:20:47 pm »
The better half finally arrived.

No I'm not talking about my wife. I'm talking about Saturday Morning RPG and its extra limited edition soundtrack.

This is the first truly ultra rare thing I've ever owned.

But I mostly got it because I've been a fan of this game since it came out for iOS almost 4 years ago. :)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:23:06 pm by dashv »

theflea

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Picked up a few pre-orders and I'm caught up on the Limited Run games.  :D

PS4
- Street Fighter V - Collector's Edition
- Godzilla (was on sale for $15)
- Saturday Morning RPG  ;D

XBone
- Sunset Overdrive (on sale for $10)
- State of Decay (on sale for $10)

VITA
- Saturday Morning RPG   ;D
- Breach & Clear (got a second copy of SMRPG and traded it for the one I missed)

3DS
- Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition  ;D
and it came with a set of key chains.  :)
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (was on sale for $30 and it was the limited edition)
This looked to cool not to buy.
- "New" Nintendo 3DS XL - Fire Emblem Fates Edition  ;D

XB360
- Shadow of Mordor (on sale for $7)

PS3
Found this at a thrift store for $3.
- God of War III

PS2
Saw this at a local used game store for only $3 and I don't see it often in the wild.
- Luxor

SAT
Picked this up from that thrift store where I bought those other SAT games.
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 ($2)

GBC
I was rummaging through a box full of electronic scraps at a Goodwill and found this in there for 99c.
- Pure Ride

FAM
A rare Famicom Disc game I finally got for a good price. This game sells for well in the $50 range and I got it for $17.  :)
It got a little fame from the AVGN because it says the "F" word in it.  :P
- Bakutoushi Patton-kun

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:22:52 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »
Stopped by a local game store and picked these up for about $30

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:15 pm »
I've got to a little market this Sunday morning that sell fruits, vegetables and a few other little things but no game, nothing electronic whatsoever, so i was just planning to buy some fruits (and that was fine by me since i try to not add anymore games until i unpack most of my stuff and i already have a lot of things to sort from the last time) and... well i've seen that a fruits seller got a little plastic bag on the side with a few games inside, asked him what it was and he told me that he found some of his old games while cleaning and wanted to see if someone wanted them, he just wanted to get rid of it, he had 5 games inside for 5€ (so 1€ each game), i took the full bag, what was inside ?

-Ty 2 (PS2 - PAL - CIB)
Didn't have it and didn't know that series, well one more PS2 game for my collection.

-Project I.G.I (PC - PAL - CIB)
Same thing here, never heard of it before, the cover is slightly damaged at the bottom but i don't mind.

-GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2 - PAL - no manual)
Already have it on PSP but one more game to go in my PS2 collection.

-F-Zero GX (Player's Choice version) (GC - PAL - no manual)
I wanted this one from a long time now, don't really care that it don't have the manual but i will have to get a new case since this one is broken, made me fear a little for the disc but no just some light scratches.

-Okami (PS2 - PAL - CIB)
I already found this one... during December if i remember correctly but i was still missing the manual (french edition of course), now i have it and with a backup disc & cover just in case and all that for a single euro.

I think 2016 begins well and most of the big flea markets have yet to start in my area  8)

HarvestDude

« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2016, 05:44:58 pm »
I´ve recently got a few Famicom games from a friend.

Hiryuu no Ken
Hiryuu no Ken 2
Hiryuu no Ken 3
Hiryuu no Ken Special: Fighting Wars (cib)
New Ghostbusters 2
Super Mario Bros. (cib)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario USA

Also, i got some other games after being a while without buying anything:

Crüe Ball (Sega Mega Drive, jap, cib)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS, USA, sealed - but not for long)
Gran Turismo 5 XL (Ps3, USA, cib)
Mega Man Battle Network (GBA, USA, cart only) - that one was tough to find here!
MLB Power Pros 2008 (Ps2, USA, sealed - but not for long)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (Ps3, Brazilian version, sealed - already opened and playing)
Theme Park (DS, USA, cib) - the best TP version i´ve ever played!

Nothing that rare, but those are games i really enjoy playing.

HarvestDude™
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:52:55 pm by HarvestDude »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2016, 06:20:07 pm »
Nice Okami find at the farmers market! :)

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2016, 07:11:43 am »
Picked these up at a goodwill
Blue 3ds game holder 1$
Gampro issue 92 2$
Simpson's Hit and Run ps2 Cib 3$

gf78

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2016, 11:17:19 am »
Added a few additions to my collection.

Lego Star Wars for PS2 complete
Lego Star Wars the Original Trilogy for PS2 complete
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox complete
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II the Sith Lords for Xbox complete
Star Wars Jedi Knights II for Xbox complete
Star Wars Jedi Knights:  Jedi Academy for Xbox complete
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us