Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 29393 times)

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2016, 07:32:18 pm »
I've given up on finding the Blue Ring 8-Bit Link that is supposed to be Walgreens exclusive...Damn you, Walgreens!

Do you have a picture of it? I didn't see anything when I googled, but I can keep an eye out at my local stores.

If you could, that would be amazing.  I spent one day on a trip going down to a game store, stopping at every Walgreens I could to see if they had it.  I think I went to at least 6 lol

Here's a picture of it.  I have the red one and I currently own most all of the figures in the line other than I saw that there were two new ones for Sheik and Ocarian of Time Link I need to buy.  Also I notice they call it "White" Link.  Odd since it was the blue ring in the game that turned him into the light blue color.

http://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/29071/whitelink__banner-auto-cropping.png
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:38:45 pm by kamikazekeeg »

desocietas

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
I've given up on finding the Blue Ring 8-Bit Link that is supposed to be Walgreens exclusive...Damn you, Walgreens!

Do you have a picture of it? I didn't see anything when I googled, but I can keep an eye out at my local stores.

If you could, that would be amazing.  I spent one day on a trip going down to a game store, stopping at every Walgreens I could to see if they had it.  I think I went to at least 6 lol

Here's a picture of it.  I have the red one and I currently own most all of the figures in the line other than I saw that there were two new ones for Sheik and Ocarian of Time Link I need to buy.  Also I notice they call it "White" Link.  Odd since it was the blue ring in the game that turned him into the light blue color.

http://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/29071/whitelink__banner-auto-cropping.png

Yup, no problem! I'll be out and about tomorrow and there are a lot of Walgreens around. I read that the white Link wasn't necessarily exclusive to Walgreens, but I'm sure they're still difficult to find.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theflea

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
had an incredible week and had the best find from a thrift store. So much that it takes four pics to show it all.
Feels like garage sale season has started.  ;D

Gamestop had a sale on Retron 5 so I figured it might be handy to have one.

XBone
- Farcry Primal - Deluxe Edition
- Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Alien Isolation (was at a Target and found this game with no price, I scanned it and again no price. I asked an employee and he was confused by it not scanning a price, he asked a manager and he just made a price for it $13)

3DS
- Mega Man Legacy Collection - Collector's Edition
- Lego Batman 2 (on clearance for $4)

NES
This homebrew that was made to benefit the Children's Miracle Network and limited to 300.
- Germ Squashers

I made a trip to Wisconsin and hit the game stores, picked this up from one of them.
PS2
- RPG Maker II

Stopped at a Pawn shop and found these for cheap.
SNES
- Jeopardy (sealed)
- Family Feud (sealed)
GB
- Spy vs. Spy
- Mystical Ninja

Stopped at a used game store and saw they got a R.O.B. in the box. I asked about selling just the box and after haggling we agreed on $15. The box is pretty beat up but I can't beat the price.

Now for the thrift stores...

I hit many thrift stores this week and had a HUGE SCORE from one of them.

PS2
I found these at different Goodwills for $2, nothing to great just stuff I was missing.
- Karaoke Revolution Vol. 2
- Karaoke Revolution Vol. 3
- Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano
- The Urbz: Sims in the City
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Gadget Racers
- NRA Gunclub
NDS
- Sprung
GBA
Saw this CIB for .99c
- Pirates of the Caribbean
PS3
Found this sealed for $10.
- Rockstar Collection set
Saw this and was on the fence to buy it, it was $10.
- Icade

Stopped at a resale shop and saw these for $5 each.
PS1
- Namco Guncon x2

And last the best finds I ever had from a thrift store, so good I've been stopping in everyday and they keep putting out more. (yes I'm going back tomorrow)  ;) Everything listed here was from the same Thrift store priced at $2-$3 a piece.  8)
XB360
- Ace Combat 6

XB
- Shrek
- Psi-Ops
- Simson's Road Rage
- Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
- Flatout
- Sega GT / Jetset Radio Future
- Time Splitters 2
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Silent Scope Complete
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (x2)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
- Conker Live & Reloaded

PS2
- Oni
- Dragonball Z Budokai
- Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (x2)
- Dynasty Warriors 4
- Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
- Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
- Time Crisis 3 (with Guncon 2)
- The Bouncer
- Kingdom Hearts
- Final Fantasy XII
- Champions of Norrath (x2)
- Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms
- Dragon Quest VIII (has FF12 demo disc but missing manual)

PS1
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Bubsy 3D
- Felony 11-79
- Time Crisis
- Point Blank
- Grand Theft Auto: Director's Cut
- Metal Gear Solid

GC
- Wave Race: Blue Storm
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
- Star Fox Adventures
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Pokemon Colosseum
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
- Mario Golf (case & manual only "Free")
- Mario Party 5 (case & manual only "Free")

DC
- NFL Blitz 2000
- Dead or Alive 2
- Blue Stinger
- Airforce Delta
- Pen Pen Trilcelon
- Toy Commander
- Wild Metal
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Sonic Adventure (missing manual)
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Evolution: The World of Sacred Device
- Gundam Side Story 0079
- Power Stone 2  ;D

I'm still in shock finding all this from one thrift store. This is the same one I got Castlevania Bloodlines from. I used to avoid thrift stores but this place I love, I will be hunting this place. lol

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:27:36 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

desocietas

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2016, 09:10:46 pm »
Oh man, theflea has the best luck  :o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:31 pm »
Those are the kind of thrift shop finds that come oh so very little lol Last time I had that happen, it was like 15 to 20 Dreamcast games between two Salvation Army stores in the same day, but that was something like 3 years ago.

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »
Well, I also had an awesome thrift store find, but not that awesome...

If anyone is wondering, it's the last of the Papyrus/Sierra NASCAR games, which were more realistic than their EA counterparts and it's very popular with modders because of this. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I'll take a $65 game for $1 any day.

desocietas

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2016, 10:58:14 pm »

If anyone is wondering, it's the last of the Papyrus/Sierra NASCAR games, which were more realistic than their EA counterparts and it's very popular with modders because of this. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I'll take a $65 game for $1 any day.

Huh. Had no idea that something like that would be valuable, haha.  Learned something new!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2016, 05:20:13 pm »

It's so interesting how expensive some of these old sports games are.  EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005 PC is another very expensive one due to it being the last game in the series and the modding community.  I actually downloaded a mod about a month ago that had new stadiums, rosters, uniforms, etc. all updated for the 2015 season.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

spac316

« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »
A friend who works at Pink Gorilla hooked me up with these games. Super Fire ProWrestling 2,3(non-easy type), Queen's Special and SFPW Special!

soera

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2016, 09:55:36 pm »
Today Gamestop removed the street date for the Uncharted 4 controller so its now in my house! :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2016, 03:12:22 am »
Grabbed another largely overlooked gem.

Now that I own 3 physical Vita games I should probably buy a Vita. :)

If anyone is looking to get rid of theirs send me a pm. :)

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2016, 10:22:58 am »

It's so interesting how expensive some of these old sports games are.  EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005 PC is another very expensive one due to it being the last game in the series and the modding community.  I actually downloaded a mod about a month ago that had new stadiums, rosters, uniforms, etc. all updated for the 2015 season.

Yeah some PC games gets pretty pricey, last year i found a Falcon 4.0 in his Bigbox (CIB) for 1€ at a flea market (i usually take all PC games in Bigbox i can find, i love them  :-[) and i was pretty shocked when i came home and put it in my collection, i was searching a picture to put it on Collectorz (the software i use to sort my collection), and like always i checked on the usual sites, the first offer on Amazon was at ~140€ (~150$)  :o, "HOLY ****... nah it can't be that much, it's just an old flight sim, let's check on Ebay" well on Ebay for my version the prices usually goes between 40€-60€ with a good 10/20€ for shipping. i played to a lot of Flight Simulator between 1999 to 2004 but never heard of this one ???

There was a garage sale in my area and i couldn't resist, well nothing "awesome" but i didn't come home empty handed.

Almost everything i've found was at 1€:

PC
Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come (CIB)
X-Blades (CIB) - a pretty good edition that come with a Strategy Guide and a poster
Starship Troopers (CIB)
Gast (CIB)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (CIB) - i've stopped playing this years ago but it will find a place in my collection beside the others that i still have.
Command & Conquer 3 (CIB... well in that edition it just come with a little piece of paper with the serial on it)
Dracula: Résurrection (CIB i guess, the barcode is on the back cover and the front cover is also the manual, can't tell if it came with a Bigbox or not)
Nascar Racing 2 (CIB and Bigbox  ;))
Revenant (CIB and Bigbox too  8))

Consoles
Need for Speed: Poursuite Infernale 2 (Hot Pursuit 2) (No Manual - PS2)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (CIB - PSP)
We Rock: Drum King (CIB - Wii)
Sly Cooper: Voleurs à Travers le Temps (Thieves in Time) (CIB - PS3 - this one was at 4€)
Disruptor (The front cover is missing - PS1)
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (CIB - 3DS - i didn't got this one at the garage sale but at a thrift store yesterday for 2,99€)

I've found two manga artbook (3€ each), Lost Angel by Yuki Kaoru (based on Angel Sanctuary) and Inoue Takehiko Illustration Collection (Slam Dunk) and while i don't buy video game magazine anymore i've still brought this one (JeuxVidéoMagazine.com n°182) this morning just because it came with a good looking little artbook.

I've also got (for free) a big stock of PS1/PS2 demo (~30), a Dreamkey with the Dreamon Disc Vol.17 inside it and a few others disc containing trailer of games. I still didn't check anything yet but two disc already attracts my eyes, one called "Medievil Special" and the other just have the FF8 logo.

« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2016, 08:24:10 am »
had an incredible week and had the best find from a thrift store. So much that it takes four pics to show it all.
Feels like garage sale season has started.  ;D

Gamestop had a sale on Retron 5 so I figured it might be handy to have one.

XBone
- Farcry Primal - Deluxe Edition
- Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Alien Isolation (was at a Target and found this game with no price, I scanned it and again no price. I asked an employee and he was confused by it not scanning a price, he asked a manager and he just made a price for it $13)

3DS
- Mega Man Legacy Collection - Collector's Edition
- Lego Batman 2 (on clearance for $4)

NES
This homebrew that was made to benefit the Children's Miracle Network and limited to 300.
- Germ Squashers

I made a trip to Wisconsin and hit the game stores, picked this up from one of them.
PS2
- RPG Maker II

Stopped at a Pawn shop and found these for cheap.
SNES
- Jeopardy (sealed)
- Family Feud (sealed)
GB
- Spy vs. Spy
- Mystical Ninja

Stopped at a used game store and saw they got a R.O.B. in the box. I asked about selling just the box and after haggling we agreed on $15. The box is pretty beat up but I can't beat the price.

Now for the thrift stores...

I hit many thrift stores this week and had a HUGE SCORE from one of them.

PS2
I found these at different Goodwills for $2, nothing to great just stuff I was missing.
- Karaoke Revolution Vol. 2
- Karaoke Revolution Vol. 3
- Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano
- The Urbz: Sims in the City
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Gadget Racers
- NRA Gunclub
NDS
- Sprung
GBA
Saw this CIB for .99c
- Pirates of the Caribbean
PS3
Found this sealed for $10.
- Rockstar Collection set
Saw this and was on the fence to buy it, it was $10.
- Icade

Stopped at a resale shop and saw these for $5 each.
PS1
- Namco Guncon x2

And last the best finds I ever had from a thrift store, so good I've been stopping in everyday and they keep putting out more. (yes I'm going back tomorrow)  ;) Everything listed here was from the same Thrift store priced at $2-$3 a piece.  8)
XB360
- Ace Combat 6

XB
- Shrek
- Psi-Ops
- Simson's Road Rage
- Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
- Flatout
- Sega GT / Jetset Radio Future
- Time Splitters 2
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Silent Scope Complete
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (x2)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
- Conker Live & Reloaded

PS2
- Oni
- Dragonball Z Budokai
- Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (x2)
- Dynasty Warriors 4
- Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires
- Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
- Time Crisis 3 (with Guncon 2)
- The Bouncer
- Kingdom Hearts
- Final Fantasy XII
- Champions of Norrath (x2)
- Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms
- Dragon Quest VIII (has FF12 demo disc but missing manual)

PS1
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Bubsy 3D
- Felony 11-79
- Time Crisis
- Point Blank
- Grand Theft Auto: Director's Cut
- Metal Gear Solid

GC
- Wave Race: Blue Storm
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
- Star Fox Adventures
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Pokemon Colosseum
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
- Mario Golf (case & manual only "Free")
- Mario Party 5 (case & manual only "Free")

DC
- NFL Blitz 2000
- Dead or Alive 2
- Blue Stinger
- Airforce Delta
- Pen Pen Trilcelon
- Toy Commander
- Wild Metal
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Sonic Adventure (missing manual)
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Evolution: The World of Sacred Device
- Gundam Side Story 0079
- Power Stone 2  ;D

I'm still in shock finding all this from one thrift store. This is the same one I got Castlevania Bloodlines from. I used to avoid thrift stores but this place I love, I will be hunting this place. lol
I found Namco Museum vol. 2 loose disc for $1... okay, you win.

Seriously jealous about that Power Stone 2 and MGS Twin Snakes... as well as almost every single one of those finds.  I miss hunting like this and picking up tons of stuff, but I just don't have the time and money.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »
Finally got this so I can play Raiden II at home! I used to play the crap out of the arcade at a local pizza place in our town when I was younger.

Got it alongside very fun Ys: Ark of Napishtim:

My PS1/PS2 collection is getting quite large.

Warmsignal

« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2016, 01:00:58 pm »
I just imagine Theflea has this game magnetization device that he designed, where it pulls in anything of the plastic ratio found in all type of video games within a 100 foot radius. He just drives down random streets on full blast, and games come busting out of houses and into his van, while it plays that little ice cream truck jingle.

I really don't see how else it's possible.  :P