Author Topic: Ever have trouble moving on from a game?  (Read 3505 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Ever have trouble moving on from a game?
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:23:50 am »
Is there a game (or games) you just can't let go of?

I'm talking games like where you beat it and you're like "no no no. There has got to be more!"

You scour the Internet for news, rumors, a fan revival, anything.

Or maybe there's a game you never expect to beat but plan to die trying.

Or you can't play it anymore due to time and technology marching on (servers shut down, console died, lost the game, etc.)

For me the new Tomb Raider reboot is one of those games.

dreama1

Re: Ever have trouble moving on from a game?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:33:15 am »
Is there a game (or games) you just can't let go of?

I'm talking games like where you beat it and you're like "no no no. There has got to be more!"

You scour the Internet for news, rumors, a fan revival, anything.

Or maybe there's a game you never expect to beat but plan to die trying.

Or you can't play it anymore due to time and technology marching on (servers shut down, console died, lost the game, etc.)

For me the new Tomb Raider reboot is one of those games.
The outfit for xbox 360, or RTS games on console.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:37:40 am by dreama1 »

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:14 am »
Runescape...

I first started an account 13 years ago on RS1. it got hacked soon after RS2 came out made a new account that day and have had it for 12 years. I go through periods of playing the absolute crap out of it for months and months sometimes years, and then I put it down and forget about it for a few months/years, then pick it back up.

I actually picked it up again sometime in august or September and found out they made RS3 which scares me so I hopped onto the now RS Classic (RS2) and realized the characters were dumped. in otherwords I had to start again, and have since got fletching to lvl 99 and cooking to 95 which are the easiest skills to level but still take hundreds of hours to achieve each.

to me this is just a really easy game to play that allows you to do other things while playing, like watching youtube/tv or cooking in RL. in fact I cook better in RL because I can very accurately time when I started by how many inventories I have gone through in RS.

whats suprising is for a 15-16 year old game it has such an active community of probably over 100,000 accounts.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:39:33 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:03:15 pm »
There are many games I don't think I'll ever "move on" from and that I play pretty often. There are a lot of games I beat and never pick up again, but then there are games that I pop in and play all the time. For me, it's probably Donkey Kong Country. I own all three versions (SNES/GBC/GBA) as well as copies on the Wii Virtual Console and Wii U Virtual Console. I beat this game at least twice a year now, sometimes more. Last year I beat all three versions 101%. I've even done "Cranky's Challenge" which is beating the game 101% in under one hour and without losing a life. I call it Cranky's Challenge because in the credits he taunts you and says he could do it. Good ol' DKC, my favorite game of all time and it's always there for me.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »
Timesplitters, Fear Effect, Mega Man Legends.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:01:27 pm »
Yep. The best games. Your Metroids. Your Elder Scrolls games. Crystalis. Mega Man Legends, Chrono Trigger, Bionic Commando. Hell, even though there's a bunch of them already, 2D Zelda (WHEN will we get a new 2D console Zelda game? WHEN NINTENDO!!! Retro is in, DO IT!!!!)

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »
Yep. The best games. Your Metroids. Your Elder Scrolls games. Crystalis. Mega Man Legends, Chrono Trigger, Bionic Commando. Hell, even though there's a bunch of them already, 2D Zelda (WHEN will we get a new 2D console Zelda game? WHEN NINTENDO!!! Retro is in, DO IT!!!!)
Link between worlds wasn't too long ago.

dreama1

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 01:40:23 pm »
The last one sold like crap on console. Last thing we need is another 2D zelda, a one just came out on the 3DS not long ago. I think what we really need is a zelda maker, like the mario maker instead.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 01:58:00 pm »
That wasn't a full console release. It was handheld.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 01:58:56 pm »
And where did you hear it didn't sell well? It was a system mover. Millions of copies.

doafan

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 02:08:48 pm »
Yes and that game is Gears of War 3 have completed this one a lot of times but without a doubt the best mode of play that I enjoy the most are the Hordes, even when at this point there are not that many users that play it online, love to play it solo and see how many levels can I survive by myself and best of all that I got a lot of contacts that use to play this title like me and they always came to my private sessions  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 02:39:03 pm »
My best example is Major League Manager. It is a DOS game I got way back in 1992 or so. I still play it a couple times a month but nowadays I run it in DOSBox.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »
Mehhhhhh, I'd bet good money Nintendo will never release a new console exclusive 2D Zelda game.  It's just too tempting to throw on a handheld first.

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 02:51:07 pm »
Mehhhhhh, I'd bet good money Nintendo will never release a new console exclusive 2D Zelda game.  It's just too tempting to throw on a handheld first.
Agreed. Unless the Nintendo NX is a console/handheld hybrid as it is rumored, I don't see this happening anytime soon.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »
Agreed. Unless the Nintendo NX is a console/handheld hybrid as it is rumored, I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Mehhhhhh, I still don't think NX is what people think it is.