Author Topic: SNES vs Genesis  (Read 24596 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: SNES vs Genesis
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2016, 01:10:19 pm »
It was Sega themselves that were the problem. Sega of Japan and Sega of America often butted heads and worked against each other, when they were supposed to be on the same team. The 32X is a big of example of this. Sega of Japan wanted nothing to do with it because they knew the Saturn was coming. But Sega of America decided they were going to put it out anyways. And we all know what a big flop that turned out to be and how much money Sega wasted on it.

gf78

« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:29 pm »
It was Sega themselves that were the problem. Sega of Japan and Sega of America often butted heads and worked against each other, when they were supposed to be on the same team. The 32X is a big of example of this. Sega of Japan wanted nothing to do with it because they knew the Saturn was coming. But Sega of America decided they were going to put it out anyways. And we all know what a big flop that turned out to be and how much money Sega wasted on it.

Funny enough, I just this week came into possession of my first 32X game - Star Wars Arcade!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2016, 11:20:11 pm »
And don't forget in the Saturn Era, Hurp a durp, let's not release any JRPGs or 2D games because Western gamers don't ever want that. And we saw how that turned out. It didn't.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2016, 12:38:31 am »
^ I think you might mean the N64?  ???

maximo310

« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2016, 01:37:20 am »
It's mostly the 2D games of Gen 5 that weren't released in most markets. In the Saturn's case, I think there was stuff like Grandia and Shining Force III Scenario 2+3, and Dragon Force II that never saw a Western release because Sega didn't think there was any demand for those types of games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2016, 02:29:06 am »
Yes, there were a lot of Japanese only releases on Saturn. But there was still JRPGs and plenty of 2D games that did see release on the Saturn in the west. It wasn't devoid of those games.

HarvestDude

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2016, 12:25:35 am »
For a long time i´ve considered the SNES superior because its best games are some of my favorite.

But i didn´t have contact with the Sega Genesis back then, when i was a late teen. (Even though i had a Sega Master System before any Nintendo systems).

A little late in life i got in real touch with Genesis and it started to grow on me. So i started to notice that the SNES and GENESIS were very different hardwares but both their games were exploited to the maximum their hardware could handle (and beyond, with those SNES special chips and Genesis´ 32x and Sega Cd). And i think that´s what it makes a console reach true greatness.

So, my answer to SNES vs. Genesis? No VERSUS. Snes AND Genesis. I love them both. The is no SNES without GENESIS for me.  ;D

HarvestDude™