Author Topic: Kickstarters and you  (Read 80759 times)

soera

Re: Kickstarters and you
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:07 am »
I have it on watch but 1) PS4 goal is pretty high up there and 2) I dont see a physical release of the game listed so my chances of backing it are very low.

rayne315

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2016, 10:44:21 am »
Prey for the Gods looks pretty slick.  It's basically a survival oriented Shadow of the Colossus.  I might think about backing this one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802508750/prey-for-the-gods

I really like the concept of this game and the fact that its based off of the SotC formula which I don't see often is exciting me about this game. BUT with only 5 bosses and the dev saying in the comments section they are expecting to have the game last somewhere between 4-8 hours in not sold. SotC was supposed to last more than 10 hours but I can run it in about 4. so that makes me think this game will realistically last about 2 hours of hyper focused gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:46:15 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2016, 11:44:18 am »
The very last day of the backer campaign is coming up soon : https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/37543

It does have a physical pc/ps4/xbox one option.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »
I just hit the PreOrder on Friday the 13th.  That looks like a cool idea.  I just need to get you fools to play it with me.

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2016, 04:09:09 pm »
Prey for the Gods looks pretty slick.  It's basically a survival oriented Shadow of the Colossus.  I might think about backing this one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802508750/prey-for-the-gods

I really like the concept of this game and the fact that its based off of the SotC formula which I don't see often is exciting me about this game. BUT with only 5 bosses and the dev saying in the comments section they are expecting to have the game last somewhere between 4-8 hours in not sold. SotC was supposed to last more than 10 hours but I can run it in about 4. so that makes me think this game will realistically last about 2 hours of hyper focused gameplay.

Well the difference with Prey for the Gods is that there seems to be some actual game in between the bosses.  SotC had nothing between bosses, which allowed you to run quickly between each one.  It's also only a 15 dollar release, so 5 bosses for that price is pretty good.  I'll probably be backing this one since it is pretty cheap.

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2016, 11:52:14 am »

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:22 pm »

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:35 am »
Third Editions Books: your ultimate gamer library
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thirdeditions/third-editions-books-your-ultimate-gamer-library

I backed this because I'm hoping they'll hit a stretch goal and do a Fallout or Fear Effect book in English, but not likely honestly, so I'll probably drop my pledge eventually.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:45:44 am by ignition365 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »
Are you kidding me?  Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been delayed for an entire year?  Pushed it back to 2018.  What a load of crap.  I'm about to get off of these big Kickstarters.  Mighty No 9 was a dud and now this.  I guess I should learn.

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »
Are you kidding me?  Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been delayed for an entire year?  Pushed it back to 2018.  What a load of crap.  I'm about to get off of these big Kickstarters.  Mighty No 9 was a dud and now this.  I guess I should learn.

It's not really a big deal.  With how successful it was, it was guaranteed to miss the estimated launch, most kickstarters like this do.  Those estimations are always made with the standard version of the game in mind, not when they make a bajillion times more than they needed.  Most dates can just be ignored unless the product was already done or close to it.  Mighty No. 9 was a dud, not because it was delayed, but because it was a shit game with an incredibly problematic development.  Bloodstained has been moving quite swimmingly so far. 

Shovel Knight missed it's estimated release date by over 8 months, and that was one of my favorite games of 2014.

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »

It's not really a big deal.  With how successful it was, it was guaranteed to miss the estimated launch, most kickstarters like this do.  Those estimations are always made with the standard version of the game in mind, not when they make a bajillion times more than they needed.  Most dates can just be ignored unless the product was already done or close to it.  Mighty No. 9 was a dud, not because it was delayed, but because it was a shit game with an incredibly problematic development.  Bloodstained has been moving quite swimmingly so far. 

Shovel Knight missed it's estimated release date by over 8 months, and that was one of my favorite games of 2014.
No arguments here.  But I agree, I'm gonna look at big name kickstarters more  cautiously from now on.

I personally put a lot of money into M#9 and I regret it.  I regret it big time.  If I could go back in time and take back one thing, that would be it.  Backers were burned left and right in that one.  Biggest one being the announcement of physical copies and that backers wouldn't get one.  I still haven't received all of my rewards, not that I really care about them at this point.

I went into Bloodstained with wary eyes, but they were straightforward about physical copies, so I ordered one special edition and one extra physical copy.  I will probably never do that again, given how disappointing most kickstarters are.  Shovel knight is the exception, not the rule.

Not knocking Iga-san or the Bloodstained team at all.  It's common for games regardless of funding to get pushed back, it's just how it is.  That doesn't bother me.  What bothers me is people like Inafune-san ditching a big name company and pulling a Bender Bending Rodriguez, saying they can do it bigger and better all by himself.  He over promised and under delivered.  I firmly believe Capcom could've and would've marketed MN9 better than Comcept/DeepSilver did, and they probably would've made certain it wasn't a steaming pile either.  Sometimes the oversight of a giant company can be a good thing.

/rant

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2016, 06:08:27 pm »
Mighty No. 9 is certainly a cautionary tale, I'm glad that was one I skipped out on as it's basically the best example of how not to Kickstart a game.

sworddude

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2016, 06:16:21 pm »
Where there any big name developers in the mighty no 9 kickstarter development team?
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »
Where there any big name developers in the mighty no 9 kickstarter development team?

Keiji Inafune.

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2016, 09:18:02 am »
Rad Rodgers - The return of the 90's era Apogee platformer!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1093001909/rad-rodgers-the-return-of-the-90s-era-apogee-platf

This one actually ends in about 2 days.  It has already met its goal and is being made by folks who worked on some Duke Nukem games (Not Forever) and some other Apogee/3D Realms games.  I think mostly ports maybe.