Author Topic: Help Change Profile Name  (Read 1694 times)

Help Change Profile Name
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:14:24 am »
I don't know if this goes here, but can anyone tell me how to change my profile name?

Re: Help Change Profile Name
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:13:42 am »
I'll jump on this too, I've been wanting to change my name for a while, but haven't cared quite enough.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:28:13 am »
+1

abe

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:25:20 am »
I don't know if this goes here, but can anyone tell me how to change my profile name?

Matt used to be able to change usernames. I'm pretty sure that's how Telly changed his.

I'm assuming Jason is the admin to ask about that now. Not 100% sure though. I'm sure an admin will be along soon and can clarify things.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:33:27 am »

Matt used to be able to change usernames. I'm pretty sure that's how Telly changed his.

I'm assuming Jason is the admin to ask about that now. Not 100% sure though. I'm sure an admin will be along soon and can clarify things.

I actually messaged Matt and asked him to delete my entire first profile, which still has 60-ish posts buried in the forum under "guest". That was how I changed my username, but I believe slothingXPIG changed his without deleting his profile, so I think it's something that you might be able to do. :)

I just don't know how many name changes the admins are willing to take on, it might not be in the worklist for them with everything else they do...

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?topic=3133.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:59:21 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 12:39:49 pm »

I actually messaged Matt and asked him to delete my entire first profile, which still has 60-ish posts buried in the forum under "guest". That was how I changed my username.

That explains that then. I wondered why your old name still showed up after you had it changed.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 12:49:01 pm »
I'm not sure what the process is for changing usernames, but I will pass this thread onto Jason. :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 04:19:24 pm »
I'm not sure what the process is for changing usernames, but I will pass this thread onto Jason. :)

Thanks, pacpix! I saw the post last night, but it was past midnight and didn't want to message Jason (and any others) that late, haha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jason

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:51 pm »
I don't think there will be any issues so long as you pick a new username that is not currently in use. Please PM me with your request and I'll see what I can do.