Author Topic: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement  (Read 5026 times)

abe

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:57:42 am »
[UPDATE]

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon have now been officially announced for release on the 3DS worldwide this 2016 Holiday season.

[Pre-Announcement Post]
Recent European trademarks have revealed two potential new games in the Pokémon franchise, which can be found here and here. With tomorrow's Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct, these are a real possibility.

Because these are only trademarks, we really don't know much else, other than that Nintendo was the company that filed them. Release dates, platform, etc. are all unconfirmed as of yet.

Excited by the possibility? :)

When the time comes, you can find more on Nintendo Direct 2.26.2016 here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-26-2016/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:06:36 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Re: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:14:51 pm »
I, myself, am excited for these new entries. Although, I am surprised that they didn't make a 3rd game for the X/Y generation. It sounds like wasted potential.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:12:59 pm »
Please just don't tell me they added another 200 pokemon or something. Im already terribly behind on my pokedex I don't need to be further.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:05 pm »
They also have these two domains link to the actual Pokemon site.

http://www.pokemon-sun.com
http://www.pokemon-moon.com

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:17:00 pm »
Form what i've heard it seems pretty legitimate. I do truely hope it's a bad rumor and that we do see Pokemon z... I was really looking forward to the 3rd version :(

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 02:09:44 am »
Ha I just got X and Y. Wonder if these will be on 3DS
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 10:12:42 am »
Looks like they're completely skipping a special edition this gen.... That's disappointing ._.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 11:40:32 am »
The next era of Pokémon games has been announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 12:06:50 pm »
Kind of a disappointing Direct. It didn't really say much other than that Moon and Sun will be out for the holidays. I was hoping they would at least show starters... or show anything for that matter. :-\  I think the coolest bit of info is that Pokemon Bank will be able to grab monsters out of the virtual console versions of Pokemon R/B/Y.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:09:42 pm by badATchaos »

indenton

Re: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »
There a few remnants that we can pick up from the trailer, it's mainly just Artwork.  There's a pickup truck with a Machoke riding on the back, as well as 2 other Pokemon  that I can't identify.  Meanwhile a Blastoise is riding on the back of  what looks like a make-shift firetruck.  An Ambulance?  Seems to be a focus on featuring vehicles this time around.  A selection of designs for the interior of the Pokemon Center. 

A building that looks like it could be a Water Gym, it features a fountain and some palm trees.  Perhaps the new region is a more tropical region which on board with.  You can see artwork of Wingull in the bottom right corner of one of the shots which might point  towards that theory of being close to the sea, a real summery vibe. 

Edit: That might be our Male Trainer  outside the gym, clad in a Red and Black hat and jacket with Blue Trousers, looks pretty standard right now, I sure hope the trainer customization makes a comeback. 

Then there's that last part animating they Wireframe of that one Pokemon, no much to say other than we have our new Pidgey/Pidove/Taillow. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:14:29 pm by indenton »

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:14 am »
I'm sure there'll be another direct dedicated to this sometime during the summer where we will be introduced to the starters and perhaps given a release date.

I just couldn't believe some people were surprised by this. Despite the denials, I always knew there'd be a new Pokemon title this year; made too much sense for it to not happen.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 07:00:03 pm »
possibly based on signapore???

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 09:37:41 am »
Official cover art has been revealed! They also released a video with in-game footage.
I know it's just a trailer but to me it looks like they are finally getting rid of the isometric camera perspective.  :'(

abe

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 09:46:52 am »
Lots of new stuff. A trailer with the starters has been revealed as well as the official release dates. November 18th for North America and November 23rd for Europe.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 11:09:17 am »
Hm, I haven't been interested in a Pokemon game in a long time, but that one actually looks pretty cool. Might have to pick that one up.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas