Author Topic: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement  (Read 5285 times)

Re: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »
I didn't really get into Pokemon X like I thought I would, so I'll probably pass on this one.  If I had to pick a starter though, probably Litten.  Adorable, hairball hacking, pyro. 

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »
I didn't really get into Pokemon X like I thought I would, so I'll probably pass on this one.  If I had to pick a starter though, probably Litten.  Adorable, hairball hacking, pyro.

I love cats but am surprised that I'd probably pick the owl! It's pretty adorable. The cat reminds me of too many of their other feline/canine pokemon, so it just doesn't appeal to me as much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 03:11:07 pm »
I am actually really excited for this game! I haven't played a Pokemon game (much less bought one new) since White Version. I'm feeling the itch to play some more Pokemon again and the setting of Hawaii looks really cool and fun! The game also looks really good: I never really liked the way XY or ORAS looked.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

indenton

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 11:48:58 am »
You know I've always favoured the water types, but this time around...
Nope I feel head over heels for Popplio!!  Litten seems pretty cool too

telly

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 12:26:35 pm »
There will be a playable demo coming out on the 18th! I also heard that if you complete the demo, you will be given Ash Geninja that can be transferred into Sun and Moon when the actual games come out!
Currently Playing:

azure

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:10 am »
The Pokedex was data-mined from the demo. Here is the entire dex for those who would like to see it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/5C8ry

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 01:56:16 pm »
i am so behind in pokemon games its not even funny. my buddy wants me to buy it, but its like bruh, last game i played was gold lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 02:44:02 pm »
I'll be grabbing Pokemon Sun when the NX comes out so I can play it on a television since I'm assuming the NX will be backwards compatible unless this is them doing an entirely new system.  Nintendo has been good for awhile making sure that games are backwards compatible.  Just can't do handhelds anymore.

davifus

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 02:55:53 pm »
I'll be grabbing Pokemon Sun when the NX comes out so I can play it on a television since I'm assuming the NX will be backwards compatible unless this is them doing an entirely new system.  Nintendo has been good for awhile making sure that games are backwards compatible.  Just can't do handhelds anymore.

Is it going to be compatible with 3DS cartridges or is this an assumption?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:27 pm »

Just an assumption, but it's a common feature Nintendo has utilized since the Gamecube and its mostly confirmed that the NX is running on cards much like the 3DS, so I assume it'll have backwards compatibility for that.  I could be wrong, but if they are combining their console and handheld market, giving them the ability to utilize such a massive library, also including the 3DS library would be an extra big boon for the system.  I know I would go back and grab some 3DS games I passed on if I could play them on a television with a proper controller.

azure

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:46 pm »

Just an assumption, but it's a common feature Nintendo has utilized since the Gamecube and its mostly confirmed that the NX is running on cards much like the 3DS, so I assume it'll have backwards compatibility for that.  I could be wrong, but if they are combining their console and handheld market, giving them the ability to utilize such a massive library, also including the 3DS library would be an extra big boon for the system.  I know I would go back and grab some 3DS games I passed on if I could play them on a television with a proper controller.

There are rumors of a tie-in game on the NX that will connect with Sun/Moon in some way. It is a rumor though, so take it with a grain of salt.

telly

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 08:45:48 pm »
I will definitely be downloading the demo when I get the chance. I will probably be playing it right up until the actual game comes out!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:04 am »
This is definitely my opinion so nobody get too offended.

Judging from what I've seen of Sun and Moon, everything from the game design, to the Aloha forms, to the new Pokemon, this will be the first new Pokemon generation I literally have 0-interest in. It looks beyond stupid, sorry.

rayne315

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:26 am »

Judging from what I've seen of Sun and Moon, everything from the game design, to the Aloha forms, to the new Pokemon, this will be the first new Pokemon generation I literally have 0-interest in. It looks beyond stupid, sorry.

lol your fine

Im actually on the reverse side. this is the first pokemon game I have had any interest in (aside from completeing the collection of games/pokemon) since the original-gba games. granted I get what you mean by the new forms being stupid. I legitimately believe they ran out of good ideas for new pokemon after gen 2.

admittedly though I have yet to play the demo and only truly know the land designs
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:44:08 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:57 am »

Admittedly, this is the least excited I've ever been for a new main series Pokemon game. I had similar feelings with X/Y though, so I'm hoping some of the designs grow on me over time.