Author Topic: Man Lists 'Jaw-Dropping' 3,133-Piece Video Game Collection for $150K on eBay  (Read 2530 times)

maximo310

He's not going to be able to get a buyer at the overinflated value.

theflea

hmmm maybe I could put my collection up on ebay for a insane amount and get everyone talking about it. lol
What do you guys think I should ask? lol  ::)

My friend did once put my collection up on a Craigslist in a far away state, he put many pictures and said make an offer. He did this just to see what people would offer. (no the collection was never really for sale no matter what offer he got) lol
He got a bunch of lowballer resellers of course and one guy who was a serious buyer til he looked through all I had and got back to him saying there's no fair offer he could give that he could afford. lol

well considering if your numbers are accurate and including the doubles we all know you don't add your collection IS the world record video game collection. for high balling it I would post at a cool 1 mill ~ $70 a piece, put that premium in for the world record.

BTW yes I know you were joking.

You know if someone actually offered me a million dollars for my collection it would be hard for me not to take the offer...
But I'd be in tears watching it go.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

No Atari? Pfffft. And he calls it a "collection"  ::)

gf78

No Atari? Pfffft. And he calls it a "collection"  ::)

It's not very "all inclusive."
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

So like $50 a game? No, he's not seriously wanting to sell I don't think. Guaranteed that many, many items in the collection are market valued at far less than $50. Many more than those that are valued at above. Then again, it could be actual bait to see if some nutso millionaire wants an instant collection. In that case why not? You could buy back a good chunk of the games and be set for a while.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:09:03 pm by Warmsignal »

I agree, his price seems absolutely wrong but I find these auctions very entertaining as I enjoy browsing through/watching other collections.
I tend to admit, that his price would be more justifiable, if he had his games complete in box or at least complete sets for some systems. Especially his N64 set seems like a poor mix of loose carts and some CIB's.
Stunning collection nevertheless.

gf78

I haven't gone through his list of titles that he has, but the price is whack. 

You could have a PlayStation with 400 random games.  big, impressive collection right?

Now take someone else who has a complete in box, mint condition PlayStation with 100 of the best titles, all black label complete and like-new. 

Which bundle would you prefer?  Same goes for this guys collection.  Many of his games, systems, etc. are not complete in their boxes and what condition are those that are complete?  I'm not impressed.  If every system was in cherry condition and complete with manuals and all of the games were complete in non-damaged/crushed boxes, I would be impressed.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tripredacus

I'd rather see full sets go up for sale than large mismash collections. If I want to look at a large mismash collection, I'll just look at mine!  ;D