Author Topic: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21671 times)

soera

Re: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2016, 12:20:28 am »
It does!

theflea

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2016, 01:57:25 am »
Had some really crazy pick ups this week and for the first time a game I feel weird owning...  :o

While looking on a face book resale site I see this and they wanted a reasonable price for it. A Xbox 360 Neon display Sign. Yes it is from an original display and its in great shape. 

Wii
For some reason this game has been shooting up in price, so I found a Gamestop that had one brand new with controller and they sold it to me at the used price.  :)
- Fishing Resort

PS2
Saw this at a local used game store for only $5
- Drakengard

Found a Tiger LCD hand held at a thrift store for $1.
- Star Trek the Next Generation

T16
Picked up this at a decent price. Not often I get a new Turbografx game.  :)
- Raiden

SFAM
And last two extremely rare games I almost feel weird owning. I contacted a seller (who was also a collector) who had 3 of the 4 "Adult" Super Famicom games complete in box. After talking to him he made me a great deal on all 3, I got 2 this week in the mail I assume the 3rd will come this week. I pretty much paid less then one was worth for all 3. (I think the guy just wanted to get rid of them. lol)
- SM Chokyoshi Hitomi 2: Remix
- SM Chokyoshi Hitomi 3
The 3rd game's picture on the box is highly disturbing and the back is so nasty I don't think I could even show it, Even the Manual is disturbing. They are pretty much Text Adventure games and seeing they are in Japanese I could barley even play them. I tested them and they work that's really all I really wanted to do with them. I did research on these and they where released in the mid 90s and where limited to 5000 copies (if even that many exist today is unknown.) They where only sold mail order or "specialty shops" in Japan only. To get past the Super Famicom Lockout they cannibalized other cheap Super Famicom Carts to make these. (you can see the original label underneath the label they made.) I remember Soera pointing this game out a long time ago and when I saw it I thought is was some homebrew but after looking into their history I feel they are part of the SFAM library kinda like Bubble Bath Babes is to the NES/Fam but not part of the main collection, more of oddity to Nintendo's Super Famicom history. Definitely the rarest Super Famicom Games I now own. Maybe I should take them to my local used game store and see what they would offer for them, defiantly would be a funny reaction. lol I think I like these games for the shock value more then anything else.  :P

Garage sales should be starting up shortly around here, I've already hit a couple and the only Video Game thing I even saw was a PS1 controller. (no I didn't buy it) I hope next week the weather will warm up enough to make it really worth hitting the sales again.  :D

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:04:04 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Flashback2012

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2016, 03:02:31 am »
Nice find on that Fishing Resort theflea, if you run across any more, let me know.  ;)

Interactive Figures
Darth Maul - Disney Infinity 3.0 Figure
Ezra Bridger - Disney Infinity 3.0 Figure
Fear - Disney Infinity 3.0 Figure
Hulkbuster - Disney Infinity 3.0 Figure
Ultron - Disney Infinity 3.0 Figure

I found all of these at a Best Buy on the way back from a flea market we went to. They were all marked as clearance and priced at $4.99 each ($4.00 after GCU was taken off  ;D). They had several more listed at that price but were out of stock on them including Sam & Quorra from Tron, Mulan (who I thought I had but actually don't  :P), and the cast of Star Wars Rebels. Most of the Star Wars characters were priced at $8.99 as well as Disgust and Sadness from Inside Out so it was curious why only half the line was discounted but the others weren't. The new releases like Black Panther, Ant-Man, Boba Fett and the LightFX Best Buy exclusive Anakin were all stickered as normal price (which is to be expected since they only just came out).

Best Buy was closed on Sunday because of Easter so I couldn't run up to my local store to see if they had any of the ones that one store was sold out of. We checked the website last night and the sold out ones all called up as being $4.99 but I checked it again Sunday morning and they all reverted back to $13.99 so I'm wondering if it was a special weekend price.  :-\

PS3
Dengenki Bunko: Fighting Climax
Racquet Sports

PSP
Warhammer 40000: Squad Command

Wii
Doctor Fizzwizzle's Animal Rescue (Found this at an out of the way flea market. Didn't find out till after I bought it that it was a resurfaced disc...had I known upfront I wouldn't have bought it  >:()
Swords
World of Zoo

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2016, 03:19:57 am »
One of the reasons I got into game collecting is that magical moment when you spot something that you've been on the hunt for, fr what seems like forever, and your heart seems to stop. That happened today. I drove on the opposite end of town to a game store I've actually never been to that opened a few months ago. The store itself was nothing too special aside from a few rarities that I've never seen in person, mostly import stuff. As I'm browsing the stores selection, I glance up athe a wall of controllers and accessories and spot this:

I've been after a PS1 Konami Justifier for a couple of years now, after finding out that there are a handful of PS1 light gun games that will only work with it. Despite this, it is a fairly rare accessory and I have never seen it in person until today. Being neon green it immediately jumped out among the black and grey controllers. Even better, the shop charged me about half of what it goes for on ebay! Finally adding this to my accessory to my collection is quite awesome.

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »
Got my Hyrule Warriors Legends in today along with the Gamestop exclusive character book, which is mostly just a few nearly cardboard pictures of Linkle, Tetra, and The King lol Does have a piece or two of concept art for Linkle, not sure if it's new or not, but it shows her in a more traditional Hero of Time outfit, sword, shield, and seems abit older.  One of the outfits was pretty cool looking actually if they wanted it to be her adult version.

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »
Got my Hyrule Warriors Legends in today along with the Gamestop exclusive character book, which is mostly just a few nearly cardboard pictures of Linkle, Tetra, and The King lol Does have a piece or two of concept art for Linkle, not sure if it's new or not, but it shows her in a more traditional Hero of Time outfit, sword, shield, and seems abit older.  One of the outfits was pretty cool looking actually if they wanted it to be her adult version.

I hate buying new games from Gamestop, not just because Amazon and Best Buy are cheaper, but because the company consistently screws up preorders.

But stupid preorder exclusives make me fall for the stupid trap of preordering with them.  Every time they have a preorder exclusive like this, they never have enough to fulfill all preorders.

desocietas

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2016, 04:59:51 pm »
Every time they have a preorder exclusive like this, they never have enough to fulfill all preorders.

Aw, that sucks. The branches I go to usually have a few extra over the number of preorders, but of course, it also depends as some people preorder like the night before, which makes it impossible for the distributor to know how many bonuses to send.

Always best to go as soon as you can to get the bonus. That and/or become friendly with the people who work there so they know to put one aside for you along with your game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14:48 pm »
I hate buying new games from Gamestop, not just because Amazon and Best Buy are cheaper, but because the company consistently screws up preorders.

But stupid preorder exclusives make me fall for the stupid trap of preordering with them.  Every time they have a preorder exclusive like this, they never have enough to fulfill all preorders.

Since I got the Best Buy Gamers Club membership, I almost never go to Gamestop unless I have to, because it's so much cheaper to do so.  I apparently got lucky on this as I only pre-ordered Legends like 2 weeks ago when I heard there was a special little character book with it.  Honestly, not too big of a deal since it's 16 cardboard like pages.  Only kinda like it cause they show some Linkle concept art lol The rest are mostly just the 3D renders of Tetra, Toon Link, and the King along with some extra bits like talking about the story for Legends.

To add to getting Legends today, saw Ocarina of Time 3D at Best Buy, the select version and grabbed that for the collection. Again, Best Buy Gamers Club. 100% worth it with the deals you get lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate (VITA)

Anyways IMPORT TIME!!!
Tales Of the Heroes: Twin Brave (PSP) (looking into Translating)
Tales of Hearts CG Movie (DS)popped it in real quick... it looks off
Devil May Cry 4:Special Edition Asia prints Have both the English Subs & Dub

Warmsignal

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2016, 09:40:53 pm »

Went ahead and got that Ice Climber that I've been drooling over. Some black box games are just impossible to find.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »

Went ahead and got that Ice Climber that I've been drooling over. Some black box games are just impossible to find.

You know the one I never see?  Volleyball and Clu Clu Land.
Of all things, it's volleyball.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:52:32 pm by turf »

Warmsignal

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2016, 11:31:43 pm »

You know the one I never see?  Volleyball and Clu Clu Land.
Of all things, it's volleyball.

I never see Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Ice Climber, Mario Bros, or Stack-Up. For a long time I never saw Urban Champion, but now I know a place that has like 10 copies of that. I think Volley Ball is the most uncommon sports one.

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2016, 09:42:39 am »

Since I got the Best Buy Gamers Club membership, I almost never go to Gamestop unless I have to, because it's so much cheaper to do so.  I apparently got lucky on this as I only pre-ordered Legends like 2 weeks ago when I heard there was a special little character book with it.  Honestly, not too big of a deal since it's 16 cardboard like pages.  Only kinda like it cause they show some Linkle concept art lol The rest are mostly just the 3D renders of Tetra, Toon Link, and the King along with some extra bits like talking about the story for Legends.

To add to getting Legends today, saw Ocarina of Time 3D at Best Buy, the select version and grabbed that for the collection. Again, Best Buy Gamers Club. 100% worth it with the deals you get lol
Shiiiiiiiit, BB had the artbook?

maximo310

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »

Shiiiiiiiit, BB had the artbook?
I think the character artbook is a Gamestop pre-order exclusive; GS seems like the only place that gets exclusive pre order stuff, like the metal Majoras Mask pin for codename steam.

« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2016, 08:38:03 am »
Sometimes I go into a situation unprepared, and I get so upset afterward.

Normally, and this applies to yard sales and pawn shops and such, when I've got a stack of games that don't have marked prices, I like to know before I ask how much I'm willing to pay overall.  This is good for the situation where they want $20 for a $5, but $10 for a $50 game, it makes that overall purchase justifiable.

I went to a pawnshop the other day and asked about a stack of games and they said $30 to me, I'm used to them telling me individual prices so I got flustered because I wasn't prepared and asked the lady if she could break that down because there was a game or two I didn't care so much about.  I wound up putting back most of the games because she decided to ask the manager to come and price the games, which was just more confusing, the price for all of them wound up jumping to like $60.  So I only bought 4 games and spent $8, and I'll probably go back Thursday and see if I can get a deal for some of the other games I left behind.  I don't want to put this on my wife, but I don't like going to pawn shops with my wife because she either tries to rush me out of the shop or makes me feel like she is trying to rush me out of the shop.

So... my pickups

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii)
Destroy All Humans! (Xbox)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Xbox)
Assassin's Creed (360)