Author Topic: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21675 times)

thecrypticodor

Re: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 01:15:18 am »
So I bought a fake copy of Duck Tales 2 for under $20 out of China both out of curiosity and knowing that I'll never shell out the kind of money that the real one goes for.

Aside from the label printed kind of funky, I'm actually surprised with the quality of the PCB with that it uses actual EPROM chips and not cheap glop top packages which is what I was expecting.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:17:38 am by thecrypticodor »

theflea

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 04:43:59 am »
That knocked a big chuck out of the games left on the list.  8 left to go.  This shit is real.

what titles do you still need to complete the set?

Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak (Not ready to buy right now, unless it's a great deal)
Kickmaster
Overlord
Race America
Stadium Events  (Unless it's less than $100, I'm not buying it yet)
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Swamp Thing
Tecmo Cup Soccer

I wouldn't count Stadium Events as one you need for a complete collection, It's a Variation. It's the same game as World Class Track Meet. It just has a few graphic changes, different name and Label. Not worth what people are paying for it.
At least that's what I think. I do count Flintstones: Surprise at Dino Peak.
The only people who count it is those who own it and want to brag about it.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 08:54:52 am »
Preordered the Twilight Princess CE Guide from Gamestop online during their sale.  Went to go pick it up and they tell me they haven't received any guides.

Hopefully I can get another store to honor my preorder.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:31 am »
That knocked a big chuck out of the games left on the list.  8 left to go.  This shit is real.

what titles do you still need to complete the set?

Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak (Not ready to buy right now, unless it's a great deal)
Kickmaster
Overlord
Race America
Stadium Events  (Unless it's less than $100, I'm not buying it yet)
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Swamp Thing
Tecmo Cup Soccer

I wouldn't count Stadium Events as one you need for a complete collection, It's a Variation. It's the same game as World Class Track Meet. It just has a few graphic changes, different name and Label. Not worth what people are paying for it.
At least that's what I think. I do count Flintstones: Surprise at Dino Peak.
The only people who count it is those who own it and want to brag about it.  :P

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to put a repro sticker on a World Class Track Meet as a placeholder.  Eff spending $8k on a game.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 10:12:42 am »
Preordered the Twilight Princess CE Guide from Gamestop online during their sale.  Went to go pick it up and they tell me they haven't received any guides.

check during the week Amazon says mine is arriving Wednesday so I think the books got delayed a bit

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 10:14:17 am »

check during the week Amazon says mine is arriving Wednesday so I think the books got delayed a bit
They called another store and they were going to hold the CE guide for me, but I had to explain that I preordered it at a specific price.  But maybe.

Flashback2012

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 10:56:46 am »
Here's the pickups from this weekend...

Interactive Figures
Eggcited Thrillipede (SuperChargers)
Hot Streak (SuperChargers)
Power Blue Gold Rusher (SuperChargers)
Power Blue Splat (SuperChargers)
Power Blue Splatter Splasher (SuperChargers)
Power Blue Trigger Happy (SuperChargers)
Sea Shadow (SuperChargers)
Shield Striker (SuperChargers)
Sky Slicer (SuperChargers)
Spitfire (SuperChargers)
Spring Ahead Dive Bomber (SuperChargers)
Thump Truck (SuperChargers)

It was Skylanders Day at GameStop and I went a little overboard...

NES
Mystery Quest (Box Only)
Puzznic (Box Only)
Tetris 2 (Box Only)

PS2
Grandia II
Grandia Xtreme (got these from a friend who I'm helping to sell some of his games)

PS3
XBlaze Lost: Memories

PS4
The Last Tinker: City of Colors (apparently the physical version just came out this week, found it in a mom n' pop game store)

Vita
The Wolf Among Us (found this marked down to $3.74)

Wii
Beyblade Metal Fusion: battle Fortress
GT Pro Series
Mountain Sports
Virtua Tennis 4

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 11:18:15 am »

They called another store and they were going to hold the CE guide for me, but I had to explain that I preordered it at a specific price.  But maybe.

That's odd that they never received them, but maybe the weather has slowed down the delivery.  They got to my local Gamestop ok on release date, but I opted to get it from Amazon when they were selling them for $24.  They've never been great about release-day shipping anyway, but I haven't gotten my game yet, so no rush.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 11:24:59 am »

That's odd that they never received them, but maybe the weather has slowed down the delivery.  They got to my local Gamestop ok on release date, but I opted to get it from Amazon when they were selling them for $24.  They've never been great about release-day shipping anyway, but I haven't gotten my game yet, so no rush.
I got it during a sale a while back for $18.  Honestly, I think they sold my guide because they didn't think anyone preordered it.

desocietas

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 11:27:11 am »

I got it during a sale a while back for $18.  Honestly, I think they sold my guide because they didn't think anyone preordered it.

Unfortunately, that happens from time to time. But yeah, hopefully they'll honor the price... I didn't know about the sale for it a while back!  :o I would've hopped on that had I known, ha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 12:25:23 pm »

Unfortunately, that happens from time to time. But yeah, hopefully they'll honor the price... I didn't know about the sale for it a while back!  :o I would've hopped on that had I known, ha.
It was a bunch of preorder guides b1g1 half off.  I preordered TP and Star Fox Zero CE guide.

doafan

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 12:34:29 pm »
If that works, or even if it has a few little problems, thats not a bad deal considering the condition it appears to be in.

It worked but as the seller said the screen is pretty damaged, was unable to see a good pixel so now I will have to request some assistance and see how can I revive this little fella, the memory has some music and was able to hear it without any problem  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »
It was a bunch of preorder guides b1g1 half off.  I preordered TP and Star Fox Zero CE guide.

Oh sweet! Well hopefully the guide comes through for you...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 01:30:07 pm »
I'm about 90% sure I'm going to put a repro sticker on a World Class Track Meet as a placeholder.  Eff spending $8k on a game.

That or possibly the EU version. Its like 10% of the cost of the one here in the states.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »
After really enjoying Ys: Ark of Napshitim on PS2, I decided to order this guy:

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (SNES)