Author Topic: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21609 times)

Re: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2016, 01:08:23 pm »
I can't even find games I want to play in those quantities.

rayne315

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »
My posts can't even compare. I don't know how you guys afford getting these 50+ item pick-ups on a regular basis.

good jobs, good deals, low living expenses, additional monetary sources outside of work, no debt, and/or free time to search for good deals (garage sales/pawn shops/flea markets). NEVER tap into your savings to buy games. That is for the future not the present.

me I have a great job that pays me well, I have low living expenses, I "donate" plasma for some free spending cash, and I have a phenomenal relationship with the people who work at my local used game store that always cuts me deals.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:05:48 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »
My posts can't even compare. I don't know how you guys afford getting these 50+ item pick-ups on a regular basis.

good jobs, good deals, low living expenses, additional monetary sources outside of work, no debt, and/or free time to search for good deals (garage sales/pawn shops/flea markets). NEVER tap into your savings to buy games. That is for the future not the present.

me I have a great job that pays me well, I have low living expenses, I "donate" plasma for some free spending cash, and I have a phenomenal relationship with the people who work at my local used game store that always cuts me deals.
We used to have like 1 game store in my city, and it was pretty good, decent prices and you could work deals.  Then a big corporate used game store moved in, let's just say that their policies make me love Gamestop.  The store I used to go to still sells some games, but they mostly deal in board games and trading cards now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2016, 02:20:15 pm »
I turn tricks on the side to buy games.

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:37 pm »
Like magic tricks?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2016, 02:25:53 pm »
Like magic tricks?

Most people say its magical   :P

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »
Like magic tricks?

Most people say its magical   :P
I'm sold.

rayne315

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »

We used to have like 1 game store in my city, and it was pretty good, decent prices and you could work deals.  Then a big corporate used game store moved in, let's just say that their policies make me love Gamestop.  The store I used to go to still sells some games, but they mostly deal in board games and trading cards now.

lol it basically happened in reverse for my area. We had gamestop first (EB games at the time). they started changing their policies and stopped carrying older games so a "big corporate used game store" moved in with sales prices that make any rational game collector cringe. but for the longest time it was LITTERALLY the only game store to buy older games so they cornered the market almost entirely (pawn shops were the only alternative) and on top of that they were pretty harsh on that ban hammer of theirs, haggling, 3 or more returns at a time, and refusing their prices on trade-ins 2 or more times on the same or different merchandise were all ban-able offences. Then the current game store moved in that I go to all the time. constant buy 5 get 6th free with sales, on any holiday you can think of, that range from buying 4 get 2 free to bogo's. on top of that you can do 1 of 2 things. get 10 stamps and get 20% off your next purchase up to $50 off (which is effectively 10%) or opting into a tiered reward system where you get permanent discounts based on how much you spend yearly, but it removes your ability to get stamps. As of this year I am the only person in their entire store that gets the highest % of 30% off.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

90snostalga

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2016, 03:34:58 pm »

Lol what's up Turf!!!!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »

I'm only averaging about 3 to 5 games per week this year, and solely because there's a shop near me that has thousands of games and he let's me have most them for $10, and sometimes $5 a piece just depending on how many copies he has left. Otherwise, I wouldn't be getting much of anything. Not making much money right now, and gaming hunting is a lost cause. Plus my want list is so specific now, there's no way I could pull in a big haul without spending huge which I've never really done and don't plan on ever doing.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »
They outlawed cash for blood donations in CA. Instead they'll give you stuff like free movie tickets or a coupon for a  free pizza or something.

Otherwise I'd be down there every week, lol.

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:08 pm »
They outlawed cash for blood donations in CA. Instead they'll give you stuff like free movie tickets or a coupon for a  free pizza or something.

As far as I'm aware, in Texas, it's strictly donation.  You get a cookie and a juice box though I think, but that's because you need nourishment of some sort after donating.

rayne315

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2016, 05:09:50 pm »

As far as I'm aware, in Texas, it's strictly donation.  You get a cookie and a juice box though I think, but that's because you need nourishment of some sort after donating.

Plasma is different from blood  ;) its illegal to sell blood as blood is not used in for profit medications/pills. plasma on the other hand is sold by the "donation" clinics to drug manufacturers for profit so they are allowed (forced?) to compensate you and the red blood cells are piped back into your body.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »
Top Gun: the Second Mission - NES
Jet Force Gemini - N64

Finally got my Roy Amiibo in the mail... well not exactly in the mail more like in the middle of the road like right on the double lines. Thankfully it wasn't ran over.

desocietas

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »
Top Gun: the Second Mission - NES
Jet Force Gemini - N64

Finally got my Roy Amiibo in the mail... well not exactly in the mail more like in the middle of the road like right on the double lines. Thankfully it wasn't ran over.

Lol what's the story with this one?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas