Author Topic: How long do you devote to gaming each day, each week?  (Read 4381 times)

Re: How long do you devote to gaming each day, each week?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 04:04:00 am »
If I'm in the mood 3/4 hours a session. If I'm not, well none.

rryan60462

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:15 am »
I used to do 10-12 hours a day back in my prime, but since i have a family now and work a m-f i'm usually just relaxing at night with the family. After my daughter goes to bed i will usually squeeze in an hour or so each night depending on how tired i am. Weekends are where i get my freetime so on saturdays im usually doing closer to 8 hours since the kid is at my ex's and the wife and i just relax all day lol.

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 11:30:01 am »
As of late, none.  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

Between work, a kid, and life, I don't have much time. 

aliensstudios

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

But you have over 2000 games  ???
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 10:18:20 pm »
It seems to vary depending on what is going on in my life. If I have a lot going on, it's not unusual for me to maybe play 2-hours a week, so barely at all. However, when I'm not studying or have other major things going on, I typical game around 8-hours a week on average.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

It's a lot faster to buy a game than it is to play it.   ;)

dreama1

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

Just as well it is quicker to buy then thankfully. You might be dead before you tackled even 1/5 of it saying its constantly growing. From reading the comments on here and other threads it seems the collection means different to each one of us. (obvious maybe) But still interesting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:17:30 pm by dreama1 »

dreama1

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:34 pm »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

Just as well it is quicker to buy then thankfully. You might be dead before you tackled even 1/5 of it saying its constantly growing. From reading the comments on here and other threads it seems the collection means different to each one of us. (obvious maybe) But still interesting.

kashell

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 09:04:26 am »
I devote as much time as I can. It ranges from a couple of hours a day to six to seven hours during a weekend day.

If I bought a game, then I am going to damn well play it.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 09:09:59 am »
Despite what my wife would like... quite a bit.

Weekdays... 5 hours a day tops.  Weekends... depends on my attention span, when Fallout 4 came out I would play from about 7am to about 10 pm with intermittent breaks here and there.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 09:46:24 am »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

I figured that with my own collection. I got carried away for a spell; buying non stop and with an insanely long wish list. Then I figured I'd never get to play them all, so I trimmed it back to games I'd actually hope to play.

That said I'm sure when he's 65, his kid is out on his/her own, he's retired and life has slowed down. other than quality time with the wife; I'm sure he'll have plenty hours in the day to play games :D

aliensstudios

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 09:52:42 am »
Maybe 3 hours a week? 

I hear that. My backlog is ever growing.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

sin2beta

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »
It ranges greatly. But I probably get around 10 a week. Most of this is on the PC. My wife and I play a lot of World of Warcraft. That is followed closely by starcraft and Diablo. However, my console gaming is probably just 1-2 hours a week. My gaming number is just as high as it is because it is a shared interest between me and my wife for PC games. If not for that, the number would probably be between 1 and 4 hours.

It is interesting to see how few hours most collectors seem to get. I know I like retro games specifically for their short play time. When I do get a few hours to play, I like the games that are short. Most platformers can be completed in under an hour once you know how. Then, I have just one or two games that are my games of choice.

I'm missing out on a lot of classics due to the hours needed. I played a little of Mass Effect. It is clearly a great game. However, I just can't find the time.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

anagar

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »
I definitely play all day on the weekends. I've had few Saturdays when I didn't sleep, but that's cause I have no sense of time. If I don't play on weekends my BF and I hit all the game stores in the area. But I play maybe 3-5 hours on weekdays when I come home from work and class, if I don't have a lot of homework or fall asleep.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:09:08 pm by anagar »
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329