Author Topic: DLC for Bravely Second Pre-orders  (Read 1356 times)

desocietas

DLC for Bravely Second Pre-orders
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »
Hey all,

I already have Bravely Second CE preordered from Gamestop but saw that Amazon, too, had retailer-exclusive DLC to offer for their preorders. I thought I'd go ahead and preorder the standard edition to get the DLC and just return or give the game to the bf or a friend.

I was surprised to find that, along with my order confirmation email, I received another email with the DLC code on it. (Usually these sort of emails get sent the day of shipping or approximately that time.) I suppose at this point I can just cancel the order and avoid the cost of returning the item to Amazon.

Just thought I'd let other folks know in case they were in the same position.

Gamestop has its own exclusive DLC as well, but I'm sure that will be printed on the receipt after purchase.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:17:24 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

Re: Amazon-exclusive DLC for Bravely Second
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »
So what do you get for getting retailer-exclusive DLC? I haven't really heard about this until now.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »
So what do you get for getting retailer-exclusive DLC? I haven't really heard about this until now.

Yeah, that's a good question. They don't list it on Amazon's listing yet (I found out about it because of Amazon's twitter account), but when I got the email, it was described as:

"Al-Khampis Costume Set DLC which includes the following costumes: Bonsoir Bunny, Bravo Bunny, Eastern War Garb, and Scholar’s Gown"

I couldn't find an image for it.

For Gamestop, it's

"Caldisla Costume Set DLC which includes:

Vestal Garb
Knight's Tunic
Minstrel's Garb
Onion Knight Garb"

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:43:43 pm »
Best buy has an exclusive set of armor too.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:43 pm »
Best buy has an exclusive set of armor too.

Oh, I had no idea! I never buy from Best Buy really, so I missed out on hearing about this one.  The info:

Gathelatio Costume Set DLC which includes Planeswarden Garb, Chompette's Coat, Sagittarius Garb,United Garb

Anyone who preordered on Best Buy's website - did you already receive a code?

Also, I was just looking it up, but someone on another site mentioned that all these costumes are purchasable with in-game currency but could possibly be fairly expensive, so it's more like endgame grinding purchases.  Additionally, these are all probably aesthetic-only outfits, offering no other benefits.  Good to know in case you choose to not preorder.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:19:21 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas