Author Topic: Don't forget: Spring your time forward! March 12-13  (Read 1756 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Don't forget: Spring your time forward! March 12-13
« on: March 12, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »
Just a friendly reminder to spring your clocks forward 1 hour!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

Re: Don't forget: Spring your time forward! March 12-13
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:24 am »
This is bullshit!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:30:07 am »

I saw the post too late and got into work an hour late (damn none-automatically changing alarm clock). Good thing I am able to set my own hours so I will just have to stay an hour later.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 12:09:08 pm »

I agree. Spring forward/fall back needs to just go away.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

I saw the post too late and got into work an hour late (damn none-automatically changing alarm clock). Good thing I am able to set my own hours so I will just have to stay an hour later.

That is why I posted it so you guys wouldnt be late to work ;)

And yes, they need to get rid of it.... or move to AZ

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 12:40:29 pm »
Apparently, here in California, they're putting it on the ballot to get rid of this Daylight Savings Time crap.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »
Apparently, here in California, they're putting it on the ballot to get rid of this Daylight Savings Time crap.

i had to look that up, yes! hope it passes

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 01:21:51 pm »
I've read the reasoning behind daylight savings time, and honestly it's more of a pain in the ass to me to do it then to just deal with the change in time for sunrise and sunset.  Like now, we've gone forward an hour and I'm tired as hell because I have lost an hour sleep.  I'm also pissy because I'm tired.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »
The transition to Daylight Savings always messes with my sleep schedule and caused me to oversleep and miss some stuff these last two days. I'm defenitely gonna vote on this ballot and hope it passes.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »
I've read the reasoning behind daylight savings time, and honestly it's more of a pain in the ass to me to do it then to just deal with the change in time for sunrise and sunset.  Like now, we've gone forward an hour and I'm tired as hell because I have lost an hour sleep.  I'm also pissy because I'm tired.   >:(

Because of it being on the ballot in CA, they've talked about the reason in the news. It put on the ballot by some advocate for the energy companies back in the 1800s. So it's nothing more than a business decision.

gf78

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 03:07:45 pm »

Because of it being on the ballot in CA, they've talked about the reason in the news. It put on the ballot by some advocate for the energy companies back in the 1800s. So it's nothing more than a business decision.

Makes sense, the world runs on money.  But looking at it from a money perspective, I don't think it makes two shits these days with the way electric is used now.  It's a completely different world today than it was back in the late 1800's when DST was implemented.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 03:09:39 pm »
I don't get it, why do people want to get rid of one of the few forms of Time Travel we have that doesn't involve a Delorean?

rayne315

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »
I don't get it, why do people want to get rid of one of the few forms of Time Travel we have that doesn't involve a Delorean?

Im actually selling time machines for $400 a pop. Included in the purchase will be the full time machine with some very slight DIY, instructions on how to set it up and make it work, a full 100% money back guarantee, and a personalized thank you note readable only in the future! If you are looking for an upgrade on the base model for a measly $100 more I will include a synchronous time display to tell you exactly what time and date you have entered.

Inquiries please post on this thread or shoot me a pm.

WARNING: Time travel is only reliable for one directional forward travel. failures of the "PAST drive" are not covered under the money back guarantee. Please use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:37:21 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »

Im actually selling time machines for $400 a pop. Included in the purchase will be the full time machine with some very slight DIY, instructions on how to set it up and make it work, a full 100% money back guarantee, and a personalized thank you note readable only in the future! If you are looking for an upgrade on the base model for a measly $100 more I will include a synchronous time display to tell you exactly what time and date you have entered.

WARNING: Time travel is only reliable for one directional forward travel. failures of the "PAST drive" are not covered under the money back guarantee. Please use at your own risk.

that's nice and all but how do you produce the 1.21 gigawatts for under $400???

rayne315

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 12:40:15 pm »

that's nice and all but how do you produce the 1.21 gigawatts for under $400???

nope im just going to paint up a cardboard box and ship it to you. lol. it travels through time, at the same rate as time.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully