Author Topic: I can't even log in on the app...  (Read 22447 times)

Re: I can't even log in on the app...
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 03:36:29 pm »
Please guys, It will only take a few seconds to re-enable the old app. Can we at least have an update on this topic?
I'm just going to throw this out there and say that it may not "only take a few seconds" to re-enable the old app.

I wasn't able to login to the old app for the longest time, but eventually it started working again.

theflea

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2017, 03:08:00 am »
lucky you.
I tried too many times and always got an error.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2017, 08:42:47 am »
lucky you.
I tried too many times and always got an error.
Flea, when I say "the longest time", I mean I was unable to login for like a month straight and then one day it suddenly started working again.

The app is not disabled.  Many other users CAN login to the app.  I CAN login to the app.  I use it on the daily.

I can suggest things to you, but none of it will probably work, for me, one day it just started working again.

You can go into application manager, find the VGCollect app, and clear data.  Then try to login.  Probably won't fix it, but it is something to try.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 03:35:18 pm »
Old app does NOT work. Jason could we PLEASE have an update on this. Really need your help brotha man  :-[

thanks,
Retro

tripredacus

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2017, 11:16:48 am »
I recently had to look up to see if I had a PS1 game someone asked me about. It took a long time to scroll on the app because the game started with an L. I'm not sure what the breakpoint of usability of the list concerning amount in the inventory, but I imagine anyone with over 500 items can see this problem.

I also tried to just view the site in the phone browser but I could not determine how to make the categories on the left show up.
Turrible with the new app.  Old app isn't so bad since you can sort categories like the site.

Mobile should have a vertical "..." on the left.  Tap that and it should expand to show the category list.

BTW I looked at the mobile site again and those dots do not show up on my phone. I ended up just bookmarking the /gen/ url of my collection instead. It works well enough. :)

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2017, 11:34:12 am »
I recently had to look up to see if I had a PS1 game someone asked me about. It took a long time to scroll on the app because the game started with an L. I'm not sure what the breakpoint of usability of the list concerning amount in the inventory, but I imagine anyone with over 500 items can see this problem.

I also tried to just view the site in the phone browser but I could not determine how to make the categories on the left show up.
Turrible with the new app.  Old app isn't so bad since you can sort categories like the site.

Mobile should have a vertical "..." on the left.  Tap that and it should expand to show the category list.

BTW I looked at the mobile site again and those dots do not show up on my phone. I ended up just bookmarking the /gen/ url of my collection instead. It works well enough. :)
If you're logged in it should look like this at the top

tripredacus

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2017, 12:32:23 pm »
Ah, I did not log in. Thanks!

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 06:08:12 am »
Download for the first time this morning and no login!  "None for it you," it said.  I will say the page looks great in mobile view.

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 07:53:34 am »
I know the app is currently considered unsupported, and I know that it's filled with bugs, but this seems to be a pretty major one: I can't even log in! I'm 100% certain I filled in my password and username correctly, and I tried to log in multiple times. My internet connection is fine too. But it simply tells me my username and/or password are incorrect. Is this a familiar issue? How can I fix this?

Yeah doesnt work for me also, new to the site and thought it would be handy having it mobile. Wont let me lo in at all/