Author Topic: What if other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors?  (Read 7036 times)

spac316

What if other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors?
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:09 pm »
I made this when the original Hyrule Warriors released, but with Hyrule Warriors Legends coming out Friday the 25th for 3DS, I thought we could do a new discussion of what we'd like to see Omega Force do with other franchises.
We touched on:
Mortal Kombat
Marvel Universe
DC Universe
Berserk
Halo

So what I would love to see them do:
TMNT: Battling hordes of The Foot Clan as any of the four Turtles as well as Casey Jones, Splinter and whoever else.

Heck, I'm gonna go crazy with other cartoons from the 80's
Transformers
He-Man
Thundercats

Re: What if other franchises crossed with Dynasty Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »
Pokemon <3

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 11:30:26 pm »
Brutal Legend.  Honestly, if that game had been more Dynasty Warriors and less of an RTS styled game, it might've been better.  Plenty of hero and villain characters that could be used, it's already built around armies, it's perfect.  I NEED BRUTAL WARRIORS!

Star Wars would be pretty obvious I'd think.  That was kinda what the older Battlefront games were like actually.  I know it's more gun based than melee based outside of Jedi and Sith, but I'm sure it could be made to work. Named could be challenging though...Star Warriors? Seems kinda silly honestly lol

Dragon Ball  could work possibly with an original plot to make there being armies on both sides make sense.  The plot could be that it's years later, the main heroes like Goku, Vegeta, etc, have passed on, leaving around only the young ones like Goten, Pan, Trunks, etc as the adult leads with children, with Gohan and Videl in an older sensei kind of role.  Due to years of earth being attacked by aliens, the current DB team has spent years working to train groups to be able to handle these fights, through intense training, or advance technology thanks to Capsule Corps.  That's how we get a military force on the Dragon Ball team side.  The otherside could be whatever baddy they want to make up.  Maybe another Frieza family member exists with their army, hell bent on taking over Earth to avenge their family.  I think Dragon Ball Warriors would be amazing.  The gameplay alone would be worth as it's been awhile I think since Dragon Ball had a really good action game with good gameplay.  Dragon Ball Xenoverse was pretty bad in that department.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:04:46 am »
I was recently on a musou game kick. I musoued myself out, lol.

The best game in the franchise, is undoubtedly Hyrule Warriors. If they just gave us a full sequel to that, I'd be quite happy.

I'd love to see a DC or Marvel Universe version, too. Imagine leading the forces of Darkseid's Apokolips army on a raid of Earth!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 11:14:23 am »
So what I would love to see them do:
TMNT: Battling hordes of The Foot Clan as any of the four Turtles as well as Casey Jones, Splinter and whoever else.

Heck, I'm gonna go crazy with other cartoons from the 80's
Transformers
He-Man
Thundercats

You, sir, win the internet!  Bring on all the toys in a massive Dynasty Warriors game.  I love the idea. 

spac316

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:32 pm »
One based on GI Joe would be interesting although it's mostly Guns and little melee.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »
One based on GI Joe would be interesting although it's mostly Guns and little melee.

There'd be a few unique melee types on either side.  Snake Eyes on one, Storm Shadow on another.  Jinx and Kamakura for more ninjas.  There's that chainsaw Dreadnok dude for Cobra.  And it's easy enough to give guys a regular hand to hand setup.  Roadblock could beat people with his machine gun lol I'm all over this idea.  I'm kinda hoping we see GIJOE get that treatment we've been seeing with TMNT and Transformers lately.

maximo310

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 11:49:09 pm »
Well, Konami did make a GI Joe arcade game that was a puesdo 3d run n gun game and it was great.   You could make it work with Dynasty Warriors as long as the guns weren't super overpowered.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:21:04 am »
Final Fantasy would be really cool.

spac316

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 10:16:26 pm »
Here's a weird idea...Katamari Damacy Warriors. lol

I don't know, I think you could be overpowered and just roll up all enemies and blast them off to space.

Maybe instead it should be a Namco Bandai universe game and call it, "Namco Bandai Warriors" and have the Katamari a playable character. Playing as Pac Man would be awesome to! Tekken and Soul Calibur...Dig Dug!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:16:34 pm by spac316 »

azure

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 12:21:18 am »
If they made a musou style game with Berserk it would be an instant purchase for me.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 08:26:47 am »
If they made a musou style game with Berserk it would be an instant purchase for me.

The Berserk anime? That would be genius. I would love to see that.

spac316

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »

The Berserk anime? That would be genius. I would love to see that.
As would I!

I also would love to see one based on No More Heroes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:59:22 pm by spac316 »

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »
I was super excited when Dynasty Warriors Gundam was first announced, but to me the game did not translate well. Or maybe I expected more.

For me, any franchise that already has extra no-bodies to use as the regular soldiers. I do not like it when the regulars need to be created for the game, as happened in the Transformers games. TF is not a great example because (while drones exist) it is a franchise with a large amount of individual characters. Even MOTU or Thundercats is in this mold so it wouldn't fit for me.

Maybe if they made a space version where you just use a ship, it would be good. I still have good memories of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and playing the large space battles.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 04:04:08 pm »
I was super excited when Dynasty Warriors Gundam was first announced, but to me the game did not translate well. Or maybe I expected more.

I REALLY hated how slowly your Gundams would move across that battlefield. It bored me to tears.