Author Topic: Game of Thrones: John Snow???  (Read 1140 times)

gf78

Game of Thrones: John Snow???
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
*************SPOILER ALERT!  SPOILER ALERT!  SPOILER ALERT!  SPOILER ALERT!  SPOILER ALERT!*****************

Any Game of Thrones fans here?  HBO has been teasing since the end of the last season with one-sheet ads showing John Snow's face.  In the latest trailer for the new season, there is a glimpse of a big battle with riders on horses, etc.  Charging right along on horseback appears to be none other than John Snow. 

So friggin' excited for the new season and very, very hopeful that John Snow is alive and kicking!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Game of Thrones: John Snow???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
Huge fan!!  GoT is the best show on TV. 

I'm pumped for the new season.  Surely they didn't kill John Snow.  I'm sure there's more too it. 

gf78

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:25:52 pm »
Well...if this is anything to go by....sure looks like our boy Snow to me!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »
Huge fan!!  GoT is the best show on TV. 

I'm pumped for the new season.  Surely they didn't kill John Snow.  I'm sure there's more too it.

I sure hope there is more to it turf.  I hope the rumors are true that John Snow is the son of the mad king and Ned Stark's sister.  That would truly make him "fire and ice."  I would love to see John Snow sit on the iron throne at the end of the series. 

Word is that this season of GoT will have a flashback sequence with Ned Stark and his sister in her final hours.  I'm stoked to see what happens.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
I thought it was pretty obvious he would return when the one priestess lady came back, using magic to bring him back.  I'm pretty stoked.

gf78

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 03:05:54 pm »
I thought it was pretty obvious he would return when the one priestess lady came back, using magic to bring him back.  I'm pretty stoked.

I think Melisandre is a ruse.  There was an interview with a new cast member being introduced and he pissed a bunch of people on Twitter off because he said in his role, he would resurrect a beloved character.  Of course, the internet exploded in indignant outrage.  So will this new character bring John Snow back?  Will Melisandre?  Will we finally get to see Lady Stoneheart? 

Here's my list of what I want to happen this season.

1.  John Snow alive and kicking.  He goes to war against Ramsay Bolton and kills that little jerk's ass.

2.  Lady Stoneheart aka the resurrected Caitlyn Stark gets introduced.

3.  We find out if the king of the White Walkers is really a Stark.

4.  We find out if John Snow is the mad king's offspring. 

5.  Theon finally comes to his senses, his pops Baleon gets bumped off and Theon takes command of the Iron Islands.

6.  The (hopefully) resurrected John Snow gets medieval on Sir Allister's ass. 

7.  Sam gets some more of that sweet, sweet lovin' from Gilley.  I think he liked it.   :P

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 03:24:22 pm »
7.  Sam gets some more of that sweet, sweet lovin' from Gilley.  I think he liked it.   :P

LOLOL   ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »
It's all setup for him to come back,  the flash back at the Tower of Joy (as seen in the trailer) I don't know why they would do that unless it's to reveal John's lineage plus the convenient fact that Melisandre is at Castle Black and the Night's Watch are going to try and burn John's body as they do,  I think that's when Melisandre will work her blood magic using his blood, king's blood... pretty sure John is the one she was looking for and not Stannis.  Also believe that Sansa and Theon will likely head for Castle Black, I mean where else would Sansa go (I doubt the Eyrie),  she knows through Ramsay that John is the new Lord Commander but doesn't know he was murdered so she might seek refuge there,  Brienne and Podrick will likely follow,  would be interesting to have all them plus Davos at the wall otherwise it would just be Davos and Melisandre who would probably not stick around as the white walkers come and wipe out the Night's Watch and whatever wildlings survived.

But all speculation aside I guess we'll just have to wait and see I know I'm eager to see how things progress.