Author Topic: Spotify Playlist Exchange  (Read 2325 times)

retroone

Spotify Playlist Exchange
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:22:47 pm »
I finally made the switch from Google Play Music to Spotify. Google Play Music was a unique concept but songs simply wouldn't play no matter how many time I clicked on them or in some cases it would play a song sped up, while it was kinda funny I don't wanna hear James Hetfield sounding like a chipmunk.

Enough of my ranting. I've been using Spotify lately and discovering music that I normally wouldn't listen to and I figure this thread is a great place to find more artists that we normally would have interest in our just albums we've overlooked. Just simply paste the link of your playlist or "mixtape". I'm interested in seeing what you guys musical interests are.

Here's a playlist I made featuring of mostly glam bands with a little Dio and Ghost sprinkled in: https://play.spotify.com/user/1260574487/playlist/4GNGCdfbLjHVa7poUc7q2Q
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:55:09 pm by retroone »

Warmsignal

Re: Spotify Playlist Exchange
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »
I've never been much for streaming music. I tried it once with Pandora, and didn't care for it. Nowadays I pretty much do CDs, or rips if a CD isn't possible. Shazam is a really cool app though. Other than that, I've been on Last.fm for ages. I attempted to make a Spotify account for the sake of this thread, but I can't get your page to load up. I've read that there is a Last.fm app for Spotify, I might look into that in a bit.

retroone

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:30:34 pm »
I've never been much for streaming music. I tried it once with Pandora, and didn't care for it. Nowadays I pretty much do CDs, or rips if a CD isn't possible. Shazam is a really cool app though. Other than that, I've been on Last.fm for ages. I attempted to make a Spotify account for the sake of this thread, but I can't get your page to load up. I've read that there is a Last.fm app for Spotify, I might look into that in a bit.

Yeah I've ignored using Pandora because with Pandora it will play songs similar to the artist rather than just songs of that artist. With Spotify you can listen to any specific song or artist anywhere, anytime. Personally I've never used Last.fm, looks interesting though. As for the link, I'm pretty sure you need to have the desktop or mobile app. There's no direct way to stream through the browser on Spotify's site sadly.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 12:43:20 am »
I'm always looking for good workout playlists if anyone wants to share one of those?

retroone

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 03:52:44 pm »
I'm always looking for good workout playlists if anyone wants to share one of those?
I'm not entirely sure what your preferences are but I threw this together: https://play.spotify.com/user/1260574487/playlist/1tXy12Ure6EPcHIJol8ZQF
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:54:36 pm by retroone »

telly

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:59:38 pm »
As for the link, I'm pretty sure you need to have the desktop or mobile app. There's no direct way to stream through the browser on Spotify's site sadly.

Have you tried using this? Or can you not listen to people's playlists unless you have the app?

https://play.spotify.com/ (You still need to have an account)

I miiiight make a playlist to share on here. I listen to a lot of hip-hop and jazz fusion though, so I have no idea if anyone would be interested in playlists for that particular music.  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

retroone

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 09:56:09 pm »
As for the link, I'm pretty sure you need to have the desktop or mobile app. There's no direct way to stream through the browser on Spotify's site sadly.

Have you tried using this? Or can you not listen to people's playlists unless you have the app?

https://play.spotify.com/ (You still need to have an account)

I miiiight make a playlist to share on here. I listen to a lot of hip-hop and jazz fusion though, so I have no idea if anyone would be interested in playlists for that particular music.  :o
Thanks for the tip! All of my links have been fixed.

While I mostly listen to Rock and such I'd be interested in checking out your list.  ;D

telly

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 01:12:41 am »
Thanks man! ^-^ If there's at least one person who would like to listen, maybe I'll end up making one!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 02:22:49 pm »
I have one that I made, called "Post-punk, gothic rock, coldwave" - https://play.spotify.com/user/ollyolly88/playlist/0MCRlIYdUdMySkIeE9Lf5Q