Author Topic: Code Book Category  (Read 910 times)

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

Code Book Category
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:05:25 pm »
Books with compilations of game hints and passwords are considered Strategy Guides. In which category do Game Genie, Action Replay, and GameShark code books belong? The Swag category seems inappropriate to me. Please, only replies by Administrators. I already know what one of you thinks.  ;)

tripredacus

Re: Code Book Category
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:08:50 am »
Are these for books that come with those add-ons or books sold on their own?

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
Good question. I sort of think they should go with accessories, since they are dealing directly with an accessory. Part of me thinks maybe strategy guides. Hmmm...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 08:02:53 pm »
Hm, I'm leaning more towards the strategy guides category. I know they're not helping you walk through the game but they don't really fall under swag or accessories, imo. When I think of accessories, I think of controllers and styli and case protectors. When I think of strategy guides, I think of guides and any sort of book product that helps you play the game. Codes and cheats can be found on online wiki/walkthroughs, so I can see code books being put with walkthrough books.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 08:07:52 pm »
Are these for books that come with those add-ons or books sold on their own?

What are "books that come with those add-ons"? I'm referring to books which were mostly published by Prima Games and BradyGames. Each book has 100-500 pages of 1,000's of codes covering many games for many systems. They are sold in stores or online from various sellers.

Here's an example: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=18423492593&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26isbn%3D0761537163

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 10:37:55 am »
They are guides for the Gameshark/Game Genie itself. I don't think there is any problem putting them in Strategy Guides,