Author Topic: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23202 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
I picked up a PSVita today through a trade. And now I look at the library of games for this system. I'm like okay why did I get this system?
Yeah, I went into Best Buy today and not kidding, I only saw one generic JRPG sitting on the shelf. When I say one, I mean only one copy. One game. The entire shelf was empty. No Vita games. You should have done your research before buying/trading. It's pretty much a dead console.
I usually love dead consoles. I picked the Dreamcast and about 100 games a month after it died and I'm still playing it and collecting games for that system. It's actually the only system where I want to get all the American games for that system.

Even I've said the Vita was dead, but honestly the fans have been vocal and there has been some interesting developments in terms of physical Vita games.  Limited Runs has been in active talks with several developers and there are quite a number of Vita games in the work with them.

Also, Vita seems good for those who are not opposed to digital games.
Meh, at least it's a good emulation system.

Badges

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2016, 02:41:25 pm »
I picked up a PSVita today through a trade. And now I look at the library of games for this system. I'm like okay why did I get this system?
Yeah, I went into Best Buy today and not kidding, I only saw one generic JRPG sitting on the shelf. When I say one, I mean only one copy. One game. The entire shelf was empty. No Vita games. You should have done your research before buying/trading. It's pretty much a dead console.
I usually love dead consoles. I picked the Dreamcast and about 100 games a month after it died and I'm still playing it and collecting games for that system. It's actually the only system where I want to get all the American games for that system.

Even I've said the Vita was dead, but honestly the fans have been vocal and there has been some interesting developments in terms of physical Vita games.  Limited Runs has been in active talks with several developers and there are quite a number of Vita games in the work with them.

Also, Vita seems good for those who are not opposed to digital games.
Meh, at least it's a good emulation system.

the vita breaks my heart, i want it , but between the expense of a memory card and lack of good physical games (that i want)... im not gonna drop $200+ for like 1 or 2 meh games i might play lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »
You're better off waiting for Vita ports on the PS4. Tearaway and Gravity Rush for example.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2016, 02:52:21 pm »
Well, don't write off the PSTV in case the games you want to play are compatible. I wouldn't personally get a Vita at the current price, but a good number of games that I'm interested in are compatible with the PSTV.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2016, 04:08:20 pm »
Most of the third-party exclusives for Vita aren't going to get ps4 ports for a long time or not at all. I'd say that Ys Memories of Celecta makes buying a PS TV worthwhile.

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2016, 04:20:08 pm »
It was a good and sad day for me, in the morning i receive a "little" gift in the mail from a friend, the limited collector's edition of the two season of Spice and Wolf (a series that i really love) then like every Saturday i go to my favorite thrift shop just to hear that the shop is going to close definitively by the end of the next week (the woman who take care of the shop is too old to continue and she is really tired of been stolen almost every week, when it's not everyday, seriously who can stole an old woman... and for dvds at 0,50€ ?  >:(). I'm a bit sad since it was the only shop who sell games that was on the road to my job and it became "usual" for me to go there every Tuesday and Saturday since 4 years ago but "c'est la vie" like she usually say. So i have done my last purchase in her shop, she waited for me since she know exactly when i got to her shop and told me that next week she is going to have a clearance sale but today she let a few things go at a special offer for me (for her best customer she said  :-[), each game for 1 or 2€ and all the DVD and Blu-ray she still had for 30€, i came back home with 16 games, a Namco plug and play "console" (don't know what games will be on this one), and a little less than 400 dvd for 50€.

Xbox:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (CIB)
Soul Calibur II (CIB)
Pariah (CIB)
Quantum Redshift (CIB)
Conflict Desert Storm (CIB)

Xbox 360:
Rocksmith (CIB)

PS1:
Necronomicon (CIB)
Cool Boarders 4 (CIB)
Discworld II (CIB)
Discworld Noir (CIB)

PS2:
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (No manual)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (CIB)
Rumble Roses (No manual)

PS3:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (CIB)
Battlefield 4 (CIB)

PSP:
Medievil Resurrection (CIB)

Don't worry i won't put the full list of the dvd here  ;D (and i still don't know exactly what i have anyway, my car's trunk is still full of dvd  :o) but i still got Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, the Steelbook Limited Edition of Appleseed and the four seasons of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:23:31 pm by metshael »

sworddude

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2016, 04:35:15 pm »
It was a good and sad day for me, in the morning i receive a "little" gift in the mail from a friend, the limited collector's edition of the two season of Spice and Wolf (a series that i really love) then like every Saturday i go to my favorite thrift shop just to hear that the shop is going to close definitively by the end of the next week (the woman who take care of the shop is too old to continue and she is really tired of been stolen almost every week, when it's not everyday, seriously who can stole an old woman... and for dvds at 0,50€ ?  >:(). I'm a bit sad since it was the only shop who sell games that was on the road to my job and it became "usual" for me to go there every Tuesday and Saturday since 4 years ago but "c'est la vie" like she usually say. So i have done my last purchase in her shop, she waited for me since she know exactly when i got to her shop and told me that next week she is going to have a clearance sale but today she let a few things go at a special offer for me (for her best customer she said  :-[), each game for 1 or 2€ and all the DVD and Blu-ray she still had for 30€, i came back home with 16 games, a Namco plug and play "console" (don't know what games will be on this one), and a little less than 400 dvd for 50€.

Spice and wolf is a nice series one of my favourites.

One question that disc world noir ps1 that cover art seems unusual. Does the ps1 game have different variants of cover art?

Edit already found it, It's a french variant. Nice cover art though way better than the normal cover art.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:37:42 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2016, 05:16:36 pm »

Spice and wolf is a nice series one of my favourites.

One question that disc world noir ps1 that cover art seems unusual. Does the ps1 game have different variants of cover art?

Edit already found it, It's a french variant. Nice cover art though way better than the normal cover art.

Yes, like you already found, it is the french variant, it's pretty rare to have a different cover just for a country and i did not even knew that before starting to add my collection on VGC (it was strange to see another PAL cover for GTA 3 on PS2), but sadly it's not always for the best. I recently found Galerians on PS1 and sure none of the cover are "good" but the PAL version wasn't bad... well the french variant surely is in comparison.

theflea

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2016, 05:59:25 pm »
Went out the last two days hitting as many garage sales as I could and while nothing grand, I still found a few cool things.

First the store / online pick ups.

I talked about this before, but my local Meijer's had a huge sale on Wii U & 3DS games.
Wii U
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker ($19)
- The Crood's ($2... ya $2) lol
3DS
- Code Name: STEAM ($10)
- Little Battlers Experience ($10)
- Tomodachi Life ($8)

Wii U
- Star Fox Zero - Launch bundle with patches

Now for the garage sales....

Wii
- Babysitting Mama in the box for .50c  :P

A bunch of Skylanders figures all $1 each. Most all even had their cards and stickers.

A Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze strategy guide for $2. (I just bought this game a couple weeks ago)

PS4
Found a PS4 game at a garage sale, unfortunately it was a sports game. It was only $2.
- NBA 2K14

PS3
A bunch of PS3 games for $2 each.
- Driver: San Francisco
- Need for Speed: The Run
- SOCOM 4
- Homefront
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior
- Crysis 2

NDS
I asked about games and the lady told me no she had nothing and as I leave I see a stack of DS games laying on a hedge. They where marked at .50c so I just bought them all.  :P
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Picross 3D
- James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion
Also at a different sale they had a couple crappy DS games I already owned for $5 a piece, but I saw a free box and found a Cars manual in there.  :P

And last this was the first find of this week of garage sales.
It was even the vary first sale I stopped at and it was just sitting there on the table. A box with an Atari 2600, 3 joysticks, 12 games and a game storage rack for $15. Nothing rare, but worth more then the price I paid.
Atari 2600
- Combat
- Pac-Man
- Missile Command
- Warlords
- Gunslinger (sears outlaw)
- Air-Sea Battle
- Home Run
- Slot Racers
- Space Jockey
- Donkey Kong
- Frogger
- River Raid

Other then that a few disappointments, One guy said he had a box full of NES and SNES stuff but it wasn't at the house the sale was at, he told me to come back the next day. I return and he said he couldn't find any of it. I gave him my number and I can only hope. Another sale the lady said he had a few boxes full of old video games but she refused to go get it and said she'd call me later next week. again I can only hope.  When garage salin' when someone says "give me your number I'll call you later" 99% of the time you never hear from them ever again.  :-\

"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »
 I got Star Fox Zero and Title Match Pro Wrestling for 2600 today! I also found an empty Zelda box and got it in the mail. Well it was almost empty as it came with a Dust Sleeve and styro block. I have the game and book so now it's complete!

anagar

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2016, 02:26:46 am »
Just ordered:

PSP
Jikandia: The Timeless Land
Ys I & II Chronicles
PS1
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
The Legend of Dragoon
PS2
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
Wii
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:04 am »
Goodies that I've added to my collection this month!

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:30 am »
Went to a fleamarket and picked these up even though it was pouring rain:
Black wii system with cords and stand 15$
Working Genesis model 1 no cords 3$
Wii sports nintendo selects with 2 copies inside 2.5$
Wii fit cib 2.5$
Wii manual stand wii remote sleave and wii play for 2$

rryan60462

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2016, 10:25:17 am »
Well, don't write off the PSTV in case the games you want to play are compatible. I wouldn't personally get a Vita at the current price, but a good number of games that I'm interested in are compatible with the PSTV.

You can get a brand new vita at most place (ie: gamestop, amazon, ect) for about $160 or so. That is a good price for the system if you ask me. Tons of great games on it and if you have a PS3 or 4 than the memory card issue isnt a problem because if you get a 4gb or 8gb card you can store all you games on the home systems and just load what you wanna play. Natural Doctrine, Valhalla Knights, Tokiden, and an enormous amount of JRPG's is enough of an incentive to me to buy one.

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2016, 12:24:13 pm »
Went yard saling and hit some thrift stores, came back with NOTHING... maybe it's not quite yard sale season here.

Picked up Star Fox Zero friday.