Author Topic: Nearly there.. oh hell.  (Read 1799 times)

shfan

Nearly there.. oh hell.
« on: April 06, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »
Just patting myself on the back here thinking there's only 3 more large collections (Xbox, 360, Wii) and two mid-sized ones (PC, DS) left for me to list before my games at least are here on VGCollect. Forgot about gameboy through Color and Advance 0.0 Doh, another 70 to add to that list :(

Thank god for databases like this, if only there were more time to play the darned things rather than arrange them and find places to put new ones  ::)

silversyx

Re: Nearly there.. oh hell.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:32:20 pm »
Thank god for databases like this, if only there were more time to play the darned things rather than arrange them and find places to put new ones  ::)

Oh my God. This is the truest statement ever said.

azure

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:47:40 pm »
I have yet to add all of my collection either, a daunting task when what little time I have free goes to playing them.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:04:21 pm »
lol @ 70 more games to add. I've got about 400-500 PC games to go, and I'm considering adding my VG Guides as well, that'd be another 150-250.... Be happy you only have 70 to go.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »
I haven't added any in awhile. I have more 3DS games and PlayStation Plus games to add.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 11:18:31 am »
I believe that there is only 1 game in my collection that is not in the database. That is because I have it listed as "unverified variation" and haven't confirmed that it truly exists. It is a case of not knowing where a label is supposed to be, the one I have is missing the label.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »
It took me a week to do mine, and I just focused on games and i have a smaller collection too.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 02:20:37 pm »
Actually, if there was something I am behind on, its setting which parts of a game I have. It is mainly the Sega games in my collection that I went and check cart/case/manual/insert boxes for. When I first joined the site, I just added the game to my collection with no boxes checked.

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:23 pm »
Actually, if there was something I am behind on, its setting which parts of a game I have. It is mainly the Sega games in my collection that I went and check cart/case/manual/insert boxes for. When I first joined the site, I just added the game to my collection with no boxes checked.
Ugh, I need to go back and do that.  As it is, I probably have about 100 or so games I haven't inventoried yet, plus more that I can't seem to find that I know that I own.

shfan

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 08:01:48 am »
I have yet to add all of my collection either, a daunting task when what little time I have free goes to playing them.

It's a hike, for sure, I'll be glad to limp over the finishing line. Much as I enjoy collecting I had no idea 'the collection' would require a part-time clerical assistant on a voluntary basis.

lol @ 70 more games to add. I've got about 400-500 PC games to go, and I'm considering adding my VG Guides as well, that'd be another 150-250.... Be happy you only have 70 to go.

That extra 70 was just 70 that I'd forgot, there's enough Amiga and 3DO games to take that over 100, also forgotten. Then 250 each of Wii, Xbox and 360, 100-odd PC and the same for DS. I'm having a prune of the collection ATM so hoping to get rid of some garbage rather than having to list it here, plus more trade-in value :D Fortunately your strategy guide collection is much more extensive than mine so that won't be quite as daunting.

It took me a week to do mine, and I just focused on games and i have a smaller collection too.

At least when it's done it's done :)

Actually, if there was something I am behind on, its setting which parts of a game I have.

Not long ago that would be easy, I could remember every single game like that, but I'm at the point where there's too much to remember now :/