Author Topic: What is your favorite fighting game on PS2?  (Read 2418 times)

What is your favorite fighting game on PS2?
« on: April 11, 2016, 02:38:39 am »
Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear X2, Mortal Kombat Deception, Tekken Tag Tournament. Capcom vs Snk 2.  It goes on and on. So many decisions. Soul Caliber III and much more. As you can tell by my name my favorite is Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Even though I like the DC version better. It is still my favorite ps2 fighter. Which one do you like best?

Re: What is your favorite fighting game on PS2?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 04:16:52 am »
I'm not a big fighting game fan. However it was probably that era that I played the most fighting games for.

Top has to be Marvel vs Capcom 2. I'm a big Marvel fan and I grew up playing Street Fighter 2 so it was a match made in heaven. Not that it was my first experience with the series; I remember playing Marvel Heroes vs Street Fighter in an arcade cabinet while on holiday. And later I regularly played XMen vs Streetfighter at a friend's; ha I once went on a 35 match winning streak against my friends with Cammy but my hands were so sore that I eventually fell to one of my friend's Akuma. Buy yeah loved MvC2; I was a mean Spider-man :D

Soul Calibur 2 is another one worth mentioning. Soul Blade was probably one of my favorite multiplayer games on the PlayStation 1 so I was straight on this when it came out. It's just a really solid fighter.

Lastly I'd go with Tekken Tag; it was the first fighting game I played on PS2, in fact probably one of the first games I played on the console overall and remained one of my favorite mutliplayer games the whole way through.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:10:40 am »
Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core Plus gets my vote. I haven't played it in years, but I used to practice it about an hour a day. It takes everything about the previous installments of GGX2 and tweaks them just right. Sure, some characters are still overpowered, but the game still retains that fast, insanely crazy, and intense feeling that started the with the first game. For those interested, I mained Venom.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 08:14:05 am »
From the games that I currently own I'd have to say It's a tie between street fighter alpha anthology collection and King of fighters 98 ultimate match.

Fighting games I already own for ps2

The king of fighters 98 ultimate match
The king of fighters 2000 - 2001
The king of fighters 2002
King of fighters maximum impact
bloody roar 4
capcom classics collection vol 1 (street fighter II )
SNK VS capcom
Capcpom vs SNK 2
marvel vs capcom 2
street fighter alpha anthology collection
Street fighter ex 3
super dragonball z
DBZ budokai 1
DBZ budokai 2
DBZ budokai 3
DBZ budokai tenkaichi 1
DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2
DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3
Dragonball z infinite world
Guilty gear X
Guilty gear xx acent core plus
one piece grand adventure
Samurai shodown V
Yuyu hakusho dark tournament
Naruto ultimate ninja

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:19:36 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:26 am »
As someone who's never even really watched Dragon Ball Z, I'd have to say Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 if my favorite. I got this one for my brother a while ago for a gift, little did I know I'd end up playing it too.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 10:48:54 am »
I have put the most time into SoulCalibur II and Dragonball Z: Budokai 2. Nearly done with the story modes, but it has been some years since I have played them.

shepard11

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 11:11:19 am »
Ya know this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. So many great fighters on that system. I'd say out of ones I own I'd have to go with:

Galactic Wrestling Featuring Ultimate Muscle (too bad my ps2 has trouble reading this disc now  :'()

PS: This is what I own:
Art of Fighting Anthology
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 1
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2
Galactic Wrestling Featuring Ultimate Muscle
King of Fighters 2006, The
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

azure

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 12:45:35 pm »
Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core Plus for me, Guilty Gear is one of the best fighting series overall to me.

insektmute

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »
I'm a bit surprised no one else mentioned it, but I'd rate King of Fighters XI as the best one on the system, the best in the series since KoF 2002 (my long-standing fave), and honestly, one of the best fighters ever made. It may not win an award for graphics (though I honestly love the old Neo looking sprites), but it plays like an absolute dream and puts the average 3D fighter to shame.

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »
I'm a bit surprised no one else mentioned it, but I'd rate King of Fighters XI as the best one on the system, the best in the series since KoF 2002 (my long-standing fave), and honestly, one of the best fighters ever made. It may not win an award for graphics (though I honestly love the old Neo looking sprites), but it plays like an absolute dream and puts the average 3D fighter to shame.

I personally think the best KoF game on the ps2 is the king of fighters collection orochi saga wich includes the original KOF 98 without the small modifications and added characters wich were made on KOF 98 ultimate match wich is considered slightly better thanks to the small adds. Some tunes are different so I prefer the original over ultimate match.

KOF 98 is considered by many to be the best in the entire KOF series a true classic.

davifus

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 03:23:09 pm »
DBZ budokai (First Ps2 game)
DBZ budokai 2
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

insektmute

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 03:24:21 pm »
I personally think the best KoF game on the ps2 is the king of fighters collection orochi saga wich includes the original KOF 98 without the small modifications and added characters wich were made on KOF 98 ultimate match wich is considered slightly better thanks to the small adds. Some tunes are different so I prefer the original over ultimate match.

KOF 98 is considered by many to be the best in the entire KOF series a true classic.

'98 is pretty great, but I always liked 2002 a bit more. Feels a little faster and snappier, and I'm a big Vanessa and Mature fan :D

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 03:30:13 pm »

'98 is pretty great, but I always liked 2002 a bit more. Feels a little faster and snappier, and I'm a big Vanessa and Mature fan :D

Fair enough, aside from that, Vanessa does not make an appearance in both KOF 98 games.

indenton

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:59:21 pm »
Sonic the Fighters... my fovourite
Tekken 4 doesn't feel particularly good after returning to it recently.  I'm looking for Tag Tournament for nice and cheap, not platinum mind you

I was considering picking up a King of Fighter game a while ago, I'll take your word for it and see if I can track down Collection Orochi, thanks Marth!

doafan

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 04:14:48 pm »
That should be Dead or Alive 2 and Rumble Roses, spent more time in those two than in the rest of the titles for this console  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy