Author Topic: UPDATE - Shelf View  (Read 12865 times)

jason

UPDATE - Shelf View
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:31 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thank you for being patient with me. I know it's long overdue, but we've been working on getting the Shelf View up and running. I have tested it with some of the staff. We're planning to open it up to Pro members and hopefully iron out any issues that may still be present. Once that is done, we plan to release it to everyone else. It will be an option and you can switch back to the normal view if you prefer. I look forward your feedback! :-)

Pro Members and Staff Members should be able to access the option from the Settings Page (Under the user icon on the main site). Then you can select which view is your default and "Shelf View" will be selectable. Once it is selected (and saved) you will have to log out of your account and back in to see the change.

Thanks,

- Jason

UPDATE: Everyone should be able to change their settings and get to Shelf View now. (For now you'll still have to log back out and back in after saving your settings.) Thanks! :-)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:34:29 am by jason »

telly

Re: UPDATE - Shelf View
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:54:51 pm »
This looks awesome man! Thanks for putting this option out for us. :)

Here's what mine looks like!

Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:22 am »
Looks great! Can't wait for the general release of this feature :)

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:27:59 am »
Going to sound dumb and probably upset a few people but... I think this feature should remain a PRO-supporter perk only... and this is coming from someone who is not pro....
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »
Going to sound dumb and probably upset a few people but... I think this feature should remain a PRO-supporter perk only... and this is coming from someone who is not pro....

Agreed! Would be a nice perk to get people to go pro.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 03:35:15 am »
Neat!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »
What happened to the one we already had?

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 04:17:26 pm »

What do you mean?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:09 pm »

Do mean the one with the brown shelves? I remember that, though I think we kinda stole that from another site?

I liked that, too, personally. Kinda cute and would show more images all at once.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 05:13:53 pm »
Now let's go all out with the shelf feature and just display the spines of the games. :p

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »
Now let's go all out with the shelf feature and just display the spines of the games. :p

Right? Part of me would looove to see something like that on a site. But not many databases do spines.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

Right? Part of me would looove to see something like that on a site. But not many databases do spines.
All the more reason for us to do it. Kidding, I don't think we could ever pull that off. It seems like it would be almost impossible to get the spines for most games unless someone jumped on photoshop and did them manually but no one has that kind of time.

EDIT: It would look nice though. Sliding the mouse over the spines. Clicking on one could pull it out of the shelf and show the front cover. Clicking on it would open the case and show the contents of what you own. Game only or game and manual, maybe inserts too. Clicking again would turn the case over to the back to read it. I'm getting ahead of myself.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:40:40 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

abe

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 06:04:42 pm »

We could step it up to the next level of realism, and add in an option to have games hidden behind those games on our virtual shelves. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »

We could step it up to the next level of realism, and add in an option to have games hidden behind those games on our virtual shelves. :P
Step it up with ultra realistic dust and bending shelves from the weight of your collection. Hell,  throw in some Oculous support for pro members.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »

Step it up with ultra realistic dust and bending shelves from the weight of your collection. Hell,  throw in some Oculous support for pro members.

Hahah, yes, perhaps one day we'd be able to use VR and look through theflea's collection  :o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas