Author Topic: UPDATE - Shelf View  (Read 12863 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: UPDATE - Shelf View
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »
Now let's go all out with the shelf feature and just display the spines of the games. :p

We could step it up to the next level of realism, and add in an option to have games hidden behind those games on our virtual shelves. :P
Step it up with ultra realistic dust and bending shelves from the weight of your collection. Hell,  throw in some Oculous support for pro members.

Hahah, yes, perhaps one day we'd be able to use VR and look through theflea's collection  :o
Or better yet, look at your own collection and feel like you're actually there looking at your games.

Badges

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »
full 3d models of the cases. Plus VR!

abe

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 10:05:06 pm »
Now let's go all out with the shelf feature and just display the spines of the games. :p

We could step it up to the next level of realism, and add in an option to have games hidden behind those games on our virtual shelves. :P
Step it up with ultra realistic dust and bending shelves from the weight of your collection. Hell,  throw in some Oculous support for pro members.

True, some of my shelves are bent because I put too much stuff on them because I need more room. :'( :'( :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
Yeah, I figured some of the users here have shelves that bend. I don't stack things like that on top of my shelf. I don't stack and I don't put games behind games. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to neatly organizing my collection. I dust my shelves and wipe down the games about once or twice a month, same with figures.

Badges

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 01:22:49 pm »
My profile here says Pro, but i aint Pro anymore, so i can't see it. Maybe someone can get the Pro out of my profile?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »
My profile here says Pro, but i aint Pro anymore, so i can't see it. Maybe someone can get the Pro out of my profile?
I'm a pro supporter and I can't see it either, don't stress it. Besides, I'm not a fan of the shelf view. I like the normal view - just needs a little tweaking to be perfect.

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »
What happened to the one we already had?

What do you mean?

It was a ways back, but I remember being able to get to shelf view through tweaking the url in your profile a little. I found it on a search. But it doesn't work anymore after the big site update happened:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3587.msg37525.html#msg37525

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 06:05:13 pm »
What happened to the one we already had?

What do you mean?

It was a ways back, but I remember being able to get to shelf view through tweaking the url in your profile a little. I found it on a search. But it doesn't work anymore after the big site update happened:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3587.msg37525.html#msg37525

Oh man I completely forgot that it was ever implemented.  I thought it was one of the things that Matt was working on, but never finished before VGC 3.0
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »
Looks good
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 01:57:12 am »
Went to go move a few items from my Wishlist to my Collection, the option to move the item is not present on with shelf view, had to delete everything and then go re-enter them manually.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

jason

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 12:38:34 am »
Went to go move a few items from my Wishlist to my Collection, the option to move the item is not present on with shelf view, had to delete everything and then go re-enter them manually.

Thank you for catching this. This bug should be fixed now. Please let me know if you still have issues. Thanks!