Author Topic: Adding/Editing item numbers/barcode  (Read 738 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Adding/Editing item numbers/barcode
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:47:16 am »
I'm going through a big list of games I own and correcting the barcodes and item numbers. Is there any way possible to implement a way where a item number or barcode can only be changed if the user has photo proof that it is the correct item number or barcode. By proof, I mean photo of their own copy showing the correct region. Sure, it sounds like it may be a little more work but in the long run, it'll help keep a correct video game database. Also, to the admin who denied a box art/description change - sorry, I think I put the box art info in description instead but it looks like you moved it. It would be nice if there was also a way to make sure they don't have a bootleg copy that they're trying to input as the real deal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:49:05 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

tripredacus

Re: Adding/Editing item numbers/barcode
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 12:03:49 pm »
If a user submits to change a barcode on an entry, I will research to verify if the change is warranted. In your case, those 2 barcodes were correct and I approved the changes.

I denied one change where someone put N/A in one of the text fields (description or other).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:08:32 pm by tripredacus »

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:07:15 pm »
Oh, okay. Then I did put the box art in correctly. It was the "N/A" you didn't approve. I did that because I thought having the slant looked better. I'll just put NA in the future. If a barcode or item number I input is ever turned down, where can I dispute it with photos?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:14:11 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 12:08:38 pm »
Notes:
1. Do not change Nintendo games that have P/Ns already to their cart numbers. Use the box numbers and then put in Description what the cart numbers are.
2. Make sure to put hyphen in the Playstation game P/Ns.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 12:09:16 pm »
I'll just put NA in the future. If a barcode or item number I input is ever turned down, where can I dispute it with photos?

Make a post in the forum.