Author Topic: Database photo updating  (Read 1039 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Database photo updating
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:28:11 am »
I've submitted what I believe to be better quality updated photos on some games and they have been denied such as Dragon Warrior III for GBC. Why is this? I understand you already have the photo, but why not update the quality of said photo when it's submitted?

EDIT: Also, Banjo-Kazooie for GBA is listed as action genre. Banjo-Kazooie is a platformer. I tried to change it and it was denied. I also tried to update the Game Boy Advance SP AC Adapter photo to a higher quality photo with no watermark on it like the current one has and from what I believe that was also denied since it hasn't changed. I understand some of the things I'm revising is already on file but I revise box text to closely resemble how the back of the box looks. I'm beginning to get discouraged with putting in time to update these listings with better quality.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:42:32 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

rayne315

Re: Database photo updating
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:45:42 am »
you may have submitted a photo that was above the file size limits making it look like a black screen to the admin's.

I know this is a major cause of photo update denials. alternatively you may have submitted a pic with an unsupported file extension, (im unaware of what extensions are unsupported) which may also cause errors when viewing warranting the denial of the update.

hopefully whatever admin denied them will say the reason soon.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 10:55:43 am »
In your notifications did you see if the image was approved or declined on the GBA SP AC Adapter? If it was approved you'll need to update your cache. Go to the listing and hit F5 to reload the page. If your image was approved it should then show up (or not if it was declined  :P).

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 11:00:35 am »
you may have submitted a photo that was above the file size limits making it look like a black screen to the admin's.

I know this is a major cause of photo update denials. alternatively you may have submitted a pic with an unsupported file extension, (im unaware of what extensions are unsupported) which may also cause errors when viewing warranting the denial of the update.

hopefully whatever admin denied them will say the reason soon.
No, from what I remember everything was within uploading parameters. I'll try the whole cache thing Flash mentioned.

Badges

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:00:50 am »
Make sure the images you submit are in JPG format, not PNG. I can't speak for the photo rejection, it wasn't me.

Photos with watermarks should be posted in the Listing Error thread, so we can remove them.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 11:01:31 am »
I pressed F5 and it showed up, that's weird. Thanks for the tip, Flash - it seems to be working wonders. However, my other issues still stand. Please disregard any issue I mentioned that was fixed and that I just can't see without pressing F5. Though, I did see where it said the Banjo-Kazooie genre was rejected in my notifications.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:03:03 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »
Yeah, that F5 trick is a bother, sometimes, and I've found that there are occasions where no matter how many times I hit F5 or empty my cache, the bad image remains. I give it another hour (or switch computers), and all is well again.

Unfortunately, our current approval queue system isn't great for giving feedback on approvals/rejections. There are many times where the options don't fit what I want to say. For instance, some images may be of higher quality, but the angle at which the item is show (we prefer straight on, as if it were scanned) is most often preferred, even if the original is of slightly less quality.  We don't have a an option that quite fits that explanation.

Other image rejections might be due to the content of the photo itself. I rejected some of your Twilight Princess LE images because we prefer the front of the regular box to be the main image. An image with the game and the amiibo itself are acceptable in the cart/media image category as we allow this for items that are a "bundle" of items.

It's a number of us who work with approvals, so I think it's fine to make a forum post if you're curious why something wasn't approved. Mistakes by the admin certainly do happen, though we try our best to research our decisions to approve or reject.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas