Author Topic: First Game Ever Purchased  (Read 3456 times)

indenton

Re: First Game Ever Purchased
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 08:10:21 pm »
The first game I distinctly remember buying a game I wanted was Wario Land 4 from Argos, I remember they only had 1 or 2 in stock. Excellent!!

It was like the Shulk amiibo of 2002, well maybe not that hard to find

retroone

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »
Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. One of the best purchases ever.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 10:29:53 pm »
Shiiiiiiiit... either Tetris or TMNT Fall of the footclan for Gameboy.

I wanna say I mostly rented games during my childhood, handhelds were the only games that I really bought.

If not those, probably Surf Ninjas or Sonic the hedgehog for Game Gear.

stealthrush

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 10:56:07 pm »
My parents bought me games for gifts for holidays or birthday growing up, also rented a game every week from BlockBuster Video. The first game I've bought myself would have been Robo Pit for Sega Saturn I bought off an advertisement of an issue of Game Fan back in 1996 or 1997. I had to create a money order and mail it in. Was really excited about sending it off, and eventually receiving and playing it  :P

maximo310

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 11:25:25 pm »
Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. One of the best purchases ever.
Same for me. Definitely lived up to the hype.

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 12:08:26 am »
Stuart Little: The Journey Home for Game Boy Color.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 11:06:51 am »
I'm pretty sure the first game I ever bought with my own money was Illusion of Gaia for the Super Nintendo. I read the instruction manual (y'all remember those, right?) on the way home from the game store.

sworddude

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 12:44:39 pm »
First game I ever purchased on my own was a Platinum Super smash bros melee with a gamecube console :p

Your Stylish Sword Master!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »
Cuthbert in space for the Commodere 64 on a cassette. And i still have it  :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 06:41:14 pm »
The first game I distinctly remember shelling out my own cash for was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!  Talk about a an awesome purchase.  I went to Wal-Mart and saw it sitting behind the counter.  It was being held for someone.  If they didn't come get it by (insert random time), I could buy it.  Well, no one claimed it.  After my mom had finished getting whatever she had to get we went back over to the little Nintendo cabinet and it was still there.  I still have that game and manual to this day.

telly

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 07:55:45 pm »
My memory is pretty fuzzy, but I "think" the first game I purchased with my own money was Chrono Trigger on DS.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 05:10:49 am »
The first game I bought (as in my father paid for it) was actually two games - Asteroids and Outlaw for the 2600. The first I bought with my own money was Empire Strikes Back for the same system.

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 12:29:02 pm »
The first game I can remember buying was Zaxxon on cassette for Atari 400.  Wonder if I still have that somewhere...
Actually earlier I guess, I did buy Raiders of the Lost Ark for Atari 2600 for a friend for his birthday before I had any game consoles or computers.

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »
I love these stories! I like to imagine that these first games were the cornerstones of our collections :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 02:03:45 pm »
I love these stories! I like to imagine that these first games were the cornerstones of our collections :D

The first game that I bought when I started "collecting" was Snake Rattle and Roll.  It's not exactly a cornerstone.