Author Topic: What's you most replayed game?  (Read 4644 times)

anagar

Re: What's you most replayed game?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 12:18:05 pm »
Kingdom Hearts II, Bully, and probably The World Ends With You.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »
It's either the original Super Mario Bros or Contra.  I've finished both more times that a person should.  It's probably unhealthy. 

In fact, I think I'm going to play Contra right now.

A little update on my game playing situation from last night.  I ended up playing BroForce.  It's pretty much the same thing, except crazy.

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:40 pm »
Geez there are a bunch of games that I have gone back and played through multiple times.

Super Mario World (SNES/Wii/GBA)
Fallout 3 (PC/360)
Fallout: New Vegas (PC/360/PS3)
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (PS2)
Timesplitters 2 (PS2/GCN)
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2/360/PS4/PC)

There are probably more.  Super Mario World probably tops that list since it's such a quick and easy game to just pick up and play.

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 10:06:49 pm »
A link to the past is the only game i have continuously replayed every few years.  I dont like replaying games really.

greatwon

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 07:33:07 am »
Kingdom Hearts II for sure. Beaten it about 10 times and beat all the bosses on critical mode with 100% completion in 2.5
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 02:13:11 am »
A link to the past is the only game i have continuously replayed every few years.  I dont like replaying games really.
I also don't like to replay games and if I ever do, it's usually a couple years apart. Especially when HD/definitive versions are released.

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 01:43:12 pm »
If you don't replay video games, then why even keep a large collection of games?

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »
If you don't replay video games, then why even keep a large collection of games?
This is actually something I've been trying to come to terms with.  I generally don't replay a game unless it was so good I wouldn't mind playing it again, like the ones I listed, or if I have some ulterior motive for playing.  You know, multiplayer, some specific event that occurs, etc.

So a series like Assassin's Creed, which I am really enjoying right now, I would probably never replay any of the games in the franchise, so why bother keeping the games?  I don't know, why not?  They aren't worth enough to justify selling them.  It doesn't really hinder me to keep them.  Maybe one day I'll have kids who will want to play them.  Maybe one day my wife will get over her PC master race bullshit and play these games.  (Kind of kidding)  I don't know.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 03:36:16 pm »
I'm going to assume this comment was also towards me. I'm not completely against replaying games--I once in awhile have my moments where I'd like to play something again but it's usually a couple years apart from having played it already. I also have my games there if company would ever like to play and eventually I'd like to pass off my games to my kids. I want them to have the same childhood I had. I think that's a fair enough explanation.

You don't have to replay all of your games often and especially not in the immediate future to justify owning them. It's like telling someone "What's the point of collecting all of these games if you're never going to play or finish half of them?" (Which is said often and makes more sense than telling someone what's the point of a collection if you don't replay) and I'd argue that most collectors don't play all of the games they buy. I'm sure you don't play your Tiger LCD games or Microvision regularly and I'm certain you don't read all of your game magazines regularly and theflea doesn't play/beat all the games he owns. No one has that kind of time--even if they had no responsibilities.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to make a point. Your reason for collecting is different than others. Adding a stipulation like having to replay games to have a large collection is a bit wacky. I only plan to have about 500 games--all of them being games I like. I don't collect just to collect for completion sake or anything like that. I think about 500 across a couple consoles is a decent amount and realistic when collecting games to eventually complete. Most collectors are shelf collectors whether they like it or not, like all the big game collecting YouTubers. Stacks of games on shelves and closets and I can bet with my life most of those don't get played often. It's a sentimental value type of deal with some people. Some games get put away in a closet by collectors, just look at PatTheNESPunk. More stuff than they know what to do with for whatever reason. While I don't agree with it, meh, it's their business.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:33:00 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

gf78

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 06:18:20 pm »

Some people just like to collect stuff. To me, why collect games if you are getting ratty-ass incomplete copies?  I don't even count disc only games in my collection.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »
Easy, that should be Gears of War 3 but not for the story mode, I don't have anything with this but really love the Hordes cause enjoy to play solo and see how many levels it will take to the bastard Locust to take me down, when play with my friends can be more happier cause always end doing a fucking mess  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 02:17:56 am »
Ocarina of Time. Between all versions of the game, I've beat it from start to finish probably seven or eight times.

kashell

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 08:29:30 am »

People with huge comic book or manga collections don't re-read all of their volumes, but they like having them.

People with baseball or basketball card collections don't...do whatever it is you're supposed to do with those sorts of things, but they like having them.

People with massive shoe collections don't wear the same pair over and over again, but they like having them.

My point is, you don't have to replay (or reuse) something that you bought for any sort of collection if you don't want to. Sometimes, people just enjoy collecting.

gf78

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 11:02:51 am »

People with huge comic book or manga collections don't re-read all of their volumes, but they like having them.

People with baseball or basketball card collections don't...do whatever it is you're supposed to do with those sorts of things, but they like having them.

People with massive shoe collections don't wear the same pair over and over again, but they like having them.

My point is, you don't have to replay (or reuse) something that you bought for any sort of collection if you don't want to. Sometimes, people just enjoy collecting.

^^Yup.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 11:03:32 am »
My most replayed game would be Halo Combat Evolved.  I've probably played through the entire campaign at least 50 times.