Author Topic: Username origins.  (Read 8887 times)

kashell

Username origins.
« on: April 19, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »
I thought that it would be fun to learn about the origins behind everyone's user name on this site. I'll start.

Kashell is short for Kashell Triumph. Over 15 years ago, I registered on GameFAQs.com with the username of Kashell Triumph because I was playing both Thousand Arms (the main character's last name is Triumph) and Valkyrie Profile (my favorite character is Kashell) at the time. Ever since, Kashell has just kind of stuck. Some folks call me Kash, a few call me Kashy, some used to call me Kashy-Dahling (there's a long story behind that one) and other variations. And yes, it's Mr. Triumph if you're nasty.

Now, I make Kashell my username anywhere I'm able to do so. When I'm playing a new game that asks me to name the main character, I either use my real name or Kashell. It just depends on my mood.

What about the rest of you?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Username origins.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 04:24:35 pm »
Well, I think mine is self-explanatory, especially considering it matches my avatar photo. So, I'll wait to see if someone says where it's from.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:22:14 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »
Just a name a thought sounded cool years back, and I've used it on most websites ever since.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:35:43 pm »
Rayne315 is a variation of a username I have had for a very long time. it came out of my love of summer rain storms and playing in them as a kid and a childhood friends tendency to mis-spell "ain" sounds in words with "ayne"/old English spelling (Payne, Rayne, Gayne, ect). whenever I cannot make a username with 5 characters I either put my psn username, Rayne_n_Blood, or Rayne315. Rayne_n_Blood came as a variation meant to cause a little bit of intimidation when playing online multiplayer games like COD, has nothing to do with Slayer, and is only used for things that are competitive. And the 315 is my brothers favorite number which we are close so it fits in well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:37:34 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:38:38 pm »
My last name is Overturf.  90% of the world has known me as Turf my whole life, online and off.  It's an easy nickname.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:05:36 pm »
I had a close friend in grade 7 who loved reading the Redwall Novels, i liked the main characters name a lot so i tried using it online, unfortunately that name was impossible to get on any site so i just altered it to Matimo. I sadly no longer even have contact with this said friend, i wish i did.

abe

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 05:32:05 pm »
On a high school trip to Washington, D.C. I won an Abe Lincoln hat in some trivia thing we did. I wore it a lot during the trip and one of the teachers started calling me Abe. The summer after that was when I discovered VGCollect from r/gamecollecting. I think I tried Darkadia or something like that too, but I liked VGC better, which is why I'm still here.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:43 pm »
Growing up I wanted to be a fighter pilot.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

theflea

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:05:41 pm »
In my younger days I used to write stories and one was called "The Flea" (it was about a man you could not die and how it destroyed his life) then when I started writing video game reviews I went by the code name "The Flea" and ever sense then I always made my username with anything that was video game related The Flea or just Flea. 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 06:40:27 pm »
Redblaze57 came from something similar in a soulcalibur game for a computer-generated name and changed it a little and added 57 to the end cause I never have had a problem getting a username with that.

my name over on OPB (Zakk Z) is much more involved. Due to certain people using my real name back on Retro Reload I decided to Change itmy favorite Guitarist is Gus G which is a shorten version of his name (Gus) with his Nickname (G) which is obviously just his first initial. so I took the Shorten version of my name and put my first initial after it.  the Shorten version of my real name is Zack changed the spelling to Zakk (yes got the alternate spelling from Zakk Wylde Shut up. Fun Fact, he actually lives in the town next to mine appearantly) therefore I got Zakk Z

azure

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 07:36:55 pm »
Azure is my favorite color, and it also sounded like a kool name. So uhh here I am I guess, I use it for everything, I usually have to add something to end as just "Azure" is taken everywhere for the most part.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:26 pm »
First initial, last name. I'm one of those creative types...  ::)

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »
Tripredacus is a faction from the Transformers: Beast Wars show, also a gestalt (combiner) from the toyline.

Tripredacus_Agent was the name given to the Transmetals 2 toy of Ravage from Beast Wars, Ravage (from Dreamwave comic) is my avatar. I use this name in cases where Tripredacus is not available due to someone else using it (only the case on 2 sites that I am aware of) or my original account was lost/locked due to various circumstances.

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:07 pm »
Back when I was in elementary school I made a RuneScape account around 2007/2008ish.  I was completely obsessed with Pac-Man at the time, and based my name off of the DS game Pac-Pix.  Oddly enough someone already had pacpix on RS, so I was pacpix5, until I changed it to pac_pix a couple of years ago.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 12:57:18 am »
It's a variant of my full name+ area code.