Author Topic: Username origins.  (Read 8036 times)

aliensstudios

Re: Origin of your VGCollect username
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 10:30:09 pm »
My username is one I've had since I was 13. When I was younger, my brother and me made our own tv series called Aliens where the main characters were those toy aliens you get out of the capsules for 25 cents. Our bedroom was our "Studio" so we called it Aliens Studios. I sort of regret not making my username JamesErnst or JamesErnst94 on this site because that's basically what I use now, but I still like it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
Sometime in 2001 I spent around 3 days trying to find an available domain name using a giant list of Transformers terms. Of the ones that were available at the time, this one was the best. So I have been using this username since that time.

Origin: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tripredacus_Council

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 11:28:15 am »
Was a fan of the Parasite Eve games as a kid then finally got to read the novel they were based on in high school. Due to the events of the book I decided to start using my name. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 11:35:36 am »
Mine isn't near as fun as y'all's. 

My last name is Overturf.  There are tons of people through highschool and college that only knew me as Turf.  I even had college professors that called me that.  My friends parents called me Turf.  It was just natural that when the internet came around I would use that.  I have had the email address turf@ mail.com since sometime in the 90's. 
Then, I tried to get XBL/PSN/gmail/twitter/whatever accounts and turf was taken.  If you see turf1218, that's me everywhere

insettasport

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 03:07:42 pm »
My username's origin isn't too crazy, it's just the name of one of the cars from FlatOut 2:

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 04:00:21 pm »
I've kept the same username for many years (for better or worse!).  Wanted something different that wasn't likely taken.

glazball = eyeball in Nadsat, the invented language in one of my all-time favorite books and movies: A Clockwork Orange

Side note: my priest in World of Warcraft was Eggiweg.

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 05:43:18 pm »
My username is one I use often, and it combines one of my favorite hobbies (biking) and the cool mech from Zone of the Enders (Jehuty). Funny enough I was misspelling Jehuty for so long that I decided to just go with it, even though at this point I am completely aware of the typo :p

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 10:10:27 am »
I used to drive this

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 03:17:35 pm »
It's just my name with the year I was born, simple  :P

kashell

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2017, 08:07:11 am »
I'll just copy and paste from this thread:

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7134.0.html

Kashell is short for Kashell Triumph. Over 15 years ago, I registered on GameFAQs.com with the username of Kashell Triumph because I was playing both Thousand Arms (the main character's last name is Triumph) and Valkyrie Profile (my favorite character is Kashell) at the time. Ever since, Kashell has just kind of stuck. Some folks call me Kash, a few call me Kashy, some used to call me Kashy-Dahling (there's a long story behind that one) and other variations. And yes, it's Mr. Triumph if you're nasty.

Now, I make Kashell my username anywhere I'm able to do so. When I'm playing a new game that asks me to name the main character, I either use my real name or Kashell. It just depends on my mood.

tripredacus

Re: Username origins.
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:35 am »
Merged topics.

ffxik

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »
I look at mine is kinda bittersweet.  I was huge fan of Final Fantasy XI my wife and I used to play religiously.  Made a lot of friends and had a lot of good times, some bad times as well.  Still get nostalgic when I hear music from that game.  Waiting to get a party invites, doing BCNMs and what not with out linkshell, or just running around farming and doubling up for some exp in our downtime.

Anywhozle.  FFXIK  is Final Fantasy XI Kovalt,

My XBLA and PSN user names also follow suit.  Kovalt Remora.   Character name followed by server.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 10:28:45 pm »
im a big comic collector and wartoy was ultron's companion he built to help destroy the avengers.Thought it made a cool gamer tag

pzeke

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2017, 01:52:12 am »
My name is Ezekiel, thus "Zeke". The 'p' is silent. The user name "zeke" was already taken, so I found a workaround. Nothing special.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:24:40 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!