Author Topic: Feel the Rage!  (Read 2266 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Feel the Rage!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 07:21:34 pm »
I also damaged a ps3 controller, forget which game it was.......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

shepard11

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 01:39:11 am »
Currently the only thing that makes my blood boil is playing Gill in SF3: Third Strike Online on hard. I probably fought him 100 times last night and only beat him 4 times. Goddess I hate that guy he's like SNK Boss Cheap.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 02:12:37 am »
When it comes to driving and gaming, I definitely have rage issues. Staying on topic, I've thrown controllers many, many times over the years, however I've only successfully destroyed one. I rented Marvel vs. Capcom on the Dreamcast, probably around 2000. The final boss is so freakin cheap that after a couple of hours of trying to beat him, a near victory was robbed from me and I went ape shit! I threw the controller as hard as I could at my TV. Luckily the TV was unharmed, but the Dreamcast controller exploded into a dozen pieces, cracking the board and everything. Since then I don't think I've raged that hard, but I know as of a few months ago I've sucked a few controllers. Not going to lie, I can be fairly unpleasant to be around when I am pissed at a game.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 02:17:46 am »
I've never gotten angry enough to throw a controller or break something over a game. Not sure what that's like. As much as I'd like to snap the controller in half, I knew it would be ridiculous because I'd regret it and I'd look stupid because I'd then have to buy a new one.

Badges

kashell

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 08:33:34 am »
I mentioned this last night here: http://ourparentsbasement.com/

For those that played the first Dark Souls, they know about the nasty duo Smough and Ornstein. I didn't rage quit (stop playing, throw things, turn the system off, etc.) but I came damn close. God that was a brutal fight.

rayne315

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 03:02:23 pm »

For those that played the first Dark Souls, they know about the nasty duo Smough and Ornstein. I didn't rage quit (stop playing, throw things, turn the system off, etc.) but I came damn close. God that was a brutal fight.

... really Smough and Ornstein were difficult? I had more difficulty with the 4 kings than them. in fact I think I only died to Smough and Ornstein about 6 or 7 times and every other boss except the first one dozens of times. They fit into my dark souls playstyle a lot better than any other boss.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 03:08:40 pm »

... really Smough and Ornstein were difficult? I had more difficulty with the 4 kings than them. in fact I think I only died to Smough and Ornstein about 6 or 7 times and every other boss except the first one dozens of times. They fit into my dark souls playstyle a lot better than any other boss.

I have never heard that before from anyone that's played Dark Souls. That's really interesting because I thought the battle against the 4 Kings was the easiest in the entire game. In comparison to the first fight with the Capra Demon, Nito, and/or Seath, I thought S&O were the hardest in the entire game by miles.

retroone

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
Resogun is the only one I can think of at the moment.

rayne315

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 03:18:14 pm »

I have never heard that before from anyone that's played Dark Souls. That's really interesting because I thought the battle against the 4 Kings was the easiest in the entire game. In comparison to the first fight with the Capra Demon, Nito, and/or Seath, I thought S&O were the hardest in the entire game by miles.

my strategy is to strafe the entire arena till the boss closes the gap to me then take 1-2 pot shots at them and run like a bitch. makes it difficult when your strategy makes you take on 4 enemies at once with large reach, no closing attacks, and they all group up together but attack at completely different times. meaning your one chance to pot shot is immediately met with a different attack that takes more than half your life.

I spent like 4 hours on them before I realized if I didn't jump down they would spawn in such a way that I can aggressively attack and kill them before the next spawns. also keep in mind I play games like these completely offline and do not use internet guides.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:22:06 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »

my strategy is to strafe the entire arena till the boss closes the gap to me then take 1-2 pot shots at them and run like a bitch. makes it difficult when your strategy makes you take on 4 enemies at once with large reach, no closing attacks, and they all group up together but attack at completely different times. meaning your one chance to pot shot is immediately met with a different attack that takes more than half your life.

Interesting. I tried doing that (without Solaire) and I kept getting blindsided by one of the two. Eventually I summoned Sol and I was able to get my victories.

The key to the 4 Kings fight is to go on the offensive as soon as you land. I would cast Iron Flesh, two hand my weapon and go to town. The sooner you kill one, the more time you have to recover and deal supplemental damage to the next one. In some ways, the 4 Kings fight felt insulting because there wasn't much strategy at all.

gf78

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 03:54:10 pm »
Ha ha ha....Let's see....I've chucked controllers on multiple occasions.  I haven't thrown one since the Xbox 360 and PS4 came out.  I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or because I am medicated now.  I lean toward medicated. 

Before that?  I would rage out like the Hulk.  I used to get so mad at NES games I would bite the controller and twist it.  Swing it like a lasso and smash it into the floor.  Strings of swear words that would make a sailor blush and have priests rushing to give me an exorcism have flown from my mouth, as well as gnashing my teeth and making that "RARRRGGGHHH!!!" sound.  I think the only game to truly piss me off since the PS3 has come out is Super Street Fighter IV.  I hated, HATED, HATED playing as El Fuerte.  "It's super dynamic cooking time!"  Fuck that guy!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 05:29:24 pm »
Nah, I don't get that mad. I usually entertain myself with the nonsense I come up with during a difficult part of the game, I find humor in loosing.

thomascozine

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 06:59:20 pm »
The last level of The Simpons Hit And Run on GameCube. Alien "Auto"topsy Part III. Holy shit, fuck this level. Spoilers if you haven't played it.

Talk to Grampa and ask him whether you can use his car, but he worries that you're going to risk his life to save everyone elses. Nonetheless, he drives out of the playground to the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant where the black car races you to the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. When you win, you have to take the waste and drive to the school. You will encounter the black car once more at the house in front of the Krusty glass. You must avoid him to advance. Once you've lost him, you've got 30 seconds to get to the playground. Once there, drive your car into the tractor beam for a final time. The alien craft explodes, thus killing Kang and Kodos (not sure about Grampa, though, as he is also sucked into the tractor beam, and he never appears again afterwards).
-Simpsons Wikia

Racing against the black car is just ridiculous. You aren't given a fair enough time to do everything with how fast and aggressive the black car dives against you. You can't mess up once or else you run out of time. I must have done that level over 100 times before I got it. I've never screamed that hard at a game, or really anything, before. Thing is the difficulty comes out of nowhere because the ENTIRE rest of the game is fun and challenging in a fair way.

maximo310

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 11:37:49 pm »
Haven't had any experience with getting angrier than insults at the screen, but my bro got super pissed when playing Bowser's Dark Matter Plant in  Super Mario Galaxy. When he got a game over for the third time, he went ape-shit, threw the wiimote at the floor, and pretty much became a mini demon for the next hour. It didn't feel too good.