Author Topic: Ever develop a crush on a game character?  (Read 5416 times)

sworddude

Re: Ever develop a crush on a game character?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 05:58:27 pm »

8)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

indenton

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »
I've played Awakening, i loved awakening.  Lucina was in fact my favorite character.  Voiced by my favorite voice actress Laura Bailey.

Sweet!  Yeah Lucina's a really cool character, but I really do hate how a huge chunk of the gaming community looks upon Fire Emblem like a bloody dating simulation, which there isn't any simulation to it, but you introduce a support system in the form of characters having a conversation and all of a sudden, Waifu Emblem.  It's a Tactical RPG dammit, it was at some point

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 08:20:22 pm »
She's not your waifu, bro.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:53 am »
I've played Awakening, i loved awakening.  Lucina was in fact my favorite character.  Voiced by my favorite voice actress Laura Bailey.

Sweet!  Yeah Lucina's a really cool character, but I really do hate how a huge chunk of the gaming community looks upon Fire Emblem like a bloody dating simulation, which there isn't any simulation to it, but you introduce a support system in the form of characters having a conversation and all of a sudden, Waifu Emblem.  It's a Tactical RPG dammit, it was at some point

FE awakening was already nearing the dating sim. Seriously man.

Anyways FE fates really tops it off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMN-MU-1e5k. Besides the love/marriage scenes for relation ships if not removed are way more apparent than in FE awakening wich also had them

I know it has been removed in the western countries and It's more like awakening now but It's definitly pretty logical that people see it as a dating sim. In my opinion even though I'm a big FE fan I agree with this being a dating sim. Awakening is good but It's not in the same ball park as the older FE games.

Furthermore the Fe games after the wii and ds release FE awakening and FE fates have been animated in an anime style unlike the more traditional style of the older FE games wich I find to look way superior. I like the old style look of an rpg wich the older wii and pre era FE games I love gave to me.

Aside from the more classic timeless visuals the difficulty has been decreased big time. I know that allot of people prefer to max out there characters and train unlimited times but this hurts the difficulty of the game. The older Fe games had limited items, exp and money wich made the game fairly hard, you could also not be to OP especially in the hardest difficulties since the opponents are just as strong with capped stats and limited amount of special abilities. Some of the older games are more challenging than others (shadow dragon and radiant dawn) but the newer FE games lack the ability of being hard thanks to the unlimited options.

Tactical RPG sure but It's pretty easy unlike the older FE games. The newer FE 3ds also definitly lost there classy visual art style of the older FE games wich I loved. Also the simple stories of the older FE games are way more enjoyable than the stories of the newer Fe games. Gimme back the days with cheesy stories of a jalous king who wants to kill his own son who is better than him in every way, or a rival/old friends who one has to murder to go through the battlefield.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:42:01 am by sworddude »

indenton

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 07:57:10 am »
What I meant by that is that doesn't have like dialog trees where you have to pick the right response, like an actual Dating Sim.  But I'm afraid they're going to do that, I don't mind it, you being an in-game reason for stronger support, but I don't want it to consume the tactical-RPG of things

Tactical RPG sure but It's pretty easy unlike the older FE games. The newer FE 3ds also definitely lost there classy visual art style of the older FE games which I loved. Also the simple stories of the older FE games are way more enjoyable than the stories of the newer Fe games. Gimme back the days of cheesy stories of a jealous king who wants to kill his own son who is better than him in every way, or a rival/old friends who one has to murder to go through the battlefield.
Really? I've heard people criticize the story in Awakening for being too simplistic compared to its predecessors, I don't have too much experience with past games, currently playing through Shadow Dragon, it's cool to see that I've able to get by so far with the permanent death mechanic.  Meanwhile it's requiring a bit more thought and planning, notably less lenient than Awakening.  None of my IRL friends have the patience for Fire Emblem, so it's cool to have a couple of people to talk to about it here

kashell

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 08:14:05 am »
I never developed a crush on a video game character, but I did enjoy watching Lucas from Indigo Prophecy run around his apartment in nothing but his boxer-briefs.

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:14 am »
What I meant by that is that doesn't have like dialog trees where you have to pick the right response, like an actual Dating Sim.  But I'm afraid they're going to do that, I don't mind it, you being an in-game reason for stronger support, but I don't want it to consume the tactical-RPG of things

Tactical RPG sure but It's pretty easy unlike the older FE games. The newer FE 3ds also definitely lost there classy visual art style of the older FE games which I loved. Also the simple stories of the older FE games are way more enjoyable than the stories of the newer Fe games. Gimme back the days of cheesy stories of a jealous king who wants to kill his own son who is better than him in every way, or a rival/old friends who one has to murder to go through the battlefield.
Really? I've heard people criticize the story in Awakening for being too simplistic compared to its predecessors, I don't have too much experience with past games, currently playing through Shadow Dragon, it's cool to see that I've able to get by so far with the permanent death mechanic.  Meanwhile it's requiring a bit more thought and planning, notably less lenient than Awakening.  None of my IRL friends have the patience for Fire Emblem, so it's cool to have a couple of people to talk to about it here

Some stories are a bit complicated but there are definitly allot of classic cheesy parts wich I love. For character relation ships it goes way deeper than the simplistic style in Awakening. Many people find the characters personalities in awakening to be one sided. Story wise there isn't much to talk about since it isn't to good. Still though awakening is an above average game, many casual gamers prefer it over the older games. Also the story line of awakening is actually pretty complicated/ not good but complicated especially with all those dlc's adds for the story line wich make it pretty confusing.

Also you should try Fe shadow dragon on lvl 5 hard mode aka merciless mode, than you can experience the true fire emblem feeling :p Ofcourse there are some things to abuse but definily one of the more challenging FE games.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:53:38 am by sworddude »

indenton

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »
Some stories are a bit complicated but there are definitely allot of classic cheesy parts wich I love. For character relation ships it goes way deeper than the simplistic style in Awakening. Many people find the characters personalities in awakening to be one sided. Story wise there isn't much to talk about since it isn't to good. Still though awakening is an above average game, many casual gamers prefer it over the older games. Also the story line of awakening is actually pretty complicated/ not good but complicated especially with all those dlc's adds for the story line which make it pretty confusing.

Also you should try Fe shadow dragon on lvl 5 hard mode aka merciless mode, than you can experience the true fire emblem feeling :p Ofcourse there are some things to abuse but definitely one of the more challenging FE games.
The Story?  Too complicated?!  For a game that addressed Time Travel, it really is not that hard to comprehend.  I don't care about the difficulty of Awakening contrasting with past games.  After all, Awakening basically saved the franchise.  I do feel like I'm getting the more raw and down-to-earth experience with Shadow Dragon, knowing that the perma-death rules are in place also makes it much more satisfying to claim victory. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »
Not a crush, not that strong. But I've been attracted to them before. I remember thinking Claire in Resident Evil 2 was cute in the cutscenes.

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »
Some stories are a bit complicated but there are definitely allot of classic cheesy parts wich I love. For character relation ships it goes way deeper than the simplistic style in Awakening. Many people find the characters personalities in awakening to be one sided. Story wise there isn't much to talk about since it isn't to good. Still though awakening is an above average game, many casual gamers prefer it over the older games. Also the story line of awakening is actually pretty complicated/ not good but complicated especially with all those dlc's adds for the story line which make it pretty confusing.

Also you should try Fe shadow dragon on lvl 5 hard mode aka merciless mode, than you can experience the true fire emblem feeling :p Ofcourse there are some things to abuse but definitely one of the more challenging FE games.
The Story?  Too complicated?!  For a game that addressed Time Travel, it really is not that hard to comprehend.  I don't care about the difficulty of Awakening contrasting with past games.  After all, Awakening basically saved the franchise.  I do feel like I'm getting the more raw and down-to-earth experience with Shadow Dragon, knowing that the perma-death rules are in place also makes it much more satisfying to claim victory.

True but compared to the other FE games it is, taking the main story with added DLC into consideration.

doafan

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »
Not a crush, not that strong. But I've been attracted to them before. I remember thinking Claire in Resident Evil 2 was cute in the cutscenes.

Guess that you forget her best scene at Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, just check Steve reaction after the minute 5:48 ;D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:02:57 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 03:03:21 pm »

Guess that you forget her best scene at Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, just check Steve reaction after the minute 5:48 ;D

You just reminded me I need to play through it. Totally have forgotten about my Wii collection.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 03:13:53 pm »

Jesus, have mercy. Let's get a vidya gaem butt thread going.

Badges

doafan

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 06:10:50 pm »
You just reminded me I need to play through it. Totally have forgotten about my Wii collection.

I don't own the game but I do know that this game has one cool costume for Claire, if am not wrong it's the Biker costume just wondering if in this title when you got into a cinematic scene the game shows the character with the alternative outfit or it shows the original one  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy