Author Topic: POLL: Resellers, Good or Bad?  (Read 7927 times)

Re: POLL: Resellers, Good or Bad?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 02:01:15 am »
This is a real hot topic! 

A few years ago, I would have been right there with y'all calling for resellers heads.  It's time we let go of that.

There's not much out there in the wild anymore. The number of collectors is astronomical. People blame prices on resellers jacking up prices. That line of thinking only works on things people need. We don't need these games.

The real controlling factor is what collectors will pay. If you want to be pissed at someone, look around at the guy paying the high prices. He's what's driving the prices up.

Besides, aren't we all resellers?  I've sold stuff to find the habit. Let's put that reseller hate aside and be done.

Now, scalpers on new stuff; well, I have a problem with.

Totally true too,   The only way to ever conquer the resellers is for the collectors to ban together and say "Mario Bros 3 isn't worth 30 bucks"  But it is so hard sometimes, because collectors really want the game and don't want to wait and sometimes the wait feels endless because the price never drops. they only go up. I am a buy it now bill sometimes too. I pay retail a lot and I am part of the problem. But when you want a game now a days you have 2 options. 1. Wait 2 years until you get lucky and find it cheap randomly in the wild or 2. Pay what they ask so you can play and enjoy the games you love now and not have to wait.  And most people pick option 2. because they really love the game and miss it and get the nostalgia feels. and I cant blame collectors too much for that. I still gotta hold blame on the reseller in that situation.  Collectors are driven by passion, resellers are driven by money that they make off our passion. That's why I think I decided today that aside from new releases or thrift stores I will never buy a game from now on from a non collector. If I want a game, I am going to ask collectors until someone has it and help a real collector instead of a snake. that is the best way to save the community. Collector to collector transactions. And also if a collector sells something to fund his collection, like something he had but don't want. that is different. I mean someone who deliberately goes looking for super cheap games and buys them with the strict intent to flip them for way more. A collector selling a double, or something he doesn't want isn't the same because he didn't buy it just to flip it.

sworddude

Re: POLL: Resellers, Good or Bad?
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 05:25:57 am »
This is a real hot topic! 

A few years ago, I would have been right there with y'all calling for resellers heads.  It's time we let go of that.

There's not much out there in the wild anymore. The number of collectors is astronomical. People blame prices on resellers jacking up prices. That line of thinking only works on things people need. We don't need these games.

The real controlling factor is what collectors will pay. If you want to be pissed at someone, look around at the guy paying the high prices. He's what's driving the prices up.

Besides, aren't we all resellers?  I've sold stuff to find the habit. Let's put that reseller hate aside and be done.

Now, scalpers on new stuff; well, I have a problem with.

Totally true too,   The only way to ever conquer the resellers is for the collectors to ban together and say "Mario Bros 3 isn't worth 30 bucks"  But it is so hard sometimes, because collectors really want the game and don't want to wait and sometimes the wait feels endless because the price never drops. they only go up. I am a buy it now bill sometimes too. I pay retail a lot and I am part of the problem.

collectors don't usually pay 30 box for mario bros 3. It's usually the fault of the gamer or some guy who wants his nostalgia back. For the last group of people you cannot tell them to wait for a cheaper copy since they are just starting.

The only fault that collectors have for high prices is for cib stuff of the more rare games. And for factory sealed stuff It's just insane. Only for high in stuff the collector is the blame, for cheap affordable stuff it is the gamer not the collector.

I never pay retail as a collector It's usually the gamer. Only if something is hard to get I might pay allot more.
Your Stylish Sword Master!