Author Topic: What's a movie you re-watch a lot?  (Read 2489 times)

What's a movie you re-watch a lot?
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:14:23 am »
Personally I don't re-watch a ton of movies.  I have a meager movie collection, basically takes up 3/4's of a standard, 6 foot tall, bookcase, mixing regular movies with anime, and some concert stuff.  I love watching new stuff, and while I do buy some to put into my collection, I only go back to certain movies on occasion.  I was realizing that there were certain ones I very much put in like once or more a year sometimes and that I've probably watched them a lot.

My first movie is Legend of the Drunken Master or just Drunken Master 2.  Possibly Jackie Chan's best movie.  The action in it is next level good.  Like I think I could almost say that there wasn't action that good again till like...The Raid in recent years.  I might be exaggerating slightly, but man Jackie Chan back then was incredible.

Another in a more feel good way is the old Disney Robin Hood cartoon.  I use to work at Blockbuster in the early 2000's, and there was always a movie playing if we didn't have the usual advertisement stuff going.  Generally we couldn't put on anything really higher than G-rated, PG if it was more due to action and such, but a few movies got put on regular rotation.  Sometimes it burnt the movies out for people, like Aladdin, I watched that a ton.  Robin Hood was always a feel good movie and I watched it not too long ago again on Blu-Ray and it holds up just right for me.  It's such an enjoyable and chill movie.

Sidenote, is there a good video list website like this place is for videogames or My Anime List is for Anime? Don't need anything fancy or for the community aspect, just for basic tracking.  I feel like there are some movies I'd like to start collecting and it would be nice to keep track of them.

Re: What's a movie you re-watch a lot?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:37:27 am »
I rewatch quite a few movies. First off, any Star Wars movie that didn't come out between 1999-2005, several of the Star Trek movies, the original Indiana Jones Trilogy, Jurassic Park, Hunt for Red October, the Rocky movies, Back to the Future, first two Alien movies, Happy Gilmore. That's just a few off the top of my head. There's something comforting about watching a classic favorite, like revisiting an old friend.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 05:55:37 am »
The Warriors
Godzilla (1998)
Adam Sandler movies
Small Soldiers

kashell

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:27:50 am »
There are only two movies I'll willingly re-watch: Mean Girls and Showgirls.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:21:11 am »
I actively re-watch movies all the time. The one I've re-watched the most (talking 50+ times) would be:
- Fight Club
- Transformers: The Movie
- Ghostbusters
- Forrest Gump

There are probably a couple dozen that fall into the 10+ watches category.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:46:26 pm »
Forrest Gump
FMJ
Goodmorning Vietnam
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

gf78

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:38:32 pm »
Certain movies just never get old or lose their appeal to me and even if I don't own it, I'll watch it on DirecTV if I see it.

Star Wars (all of them)
Star Trek (all of them...less so for Final Frontier and Generations as I thought they sucked)
Ghostbusters (the first, the second one is pretty lame but I watch it every couple of years)
Indiana Jones (all of them...less so for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because Shia LaDouce and space magic)
Happy Gilmore
Lord of the Rings Extended Editions

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:08:53 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

indenton

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 07:14:44 pm »
Not sure really, I suppose I catch Back to the Future being broadcast on occasions.  I still enjoy the trilogy a lot, I just don't want to ruin the sentiment by watching them too often. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 07:22:49 pm »
Clerks
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
Army of Darkness
"Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy"(Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End)

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 07:24:34 pm »
Clerks
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
Army of Darkness

I need to go back to watching more Mel Brooks stuff.  Been awhile since I've seen Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles.

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:27 pm »
I don't re-watch movies all that often, but I find myself coming back to Blade Runner and Ghostbusters when I do.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 08:26:56 pm »
Sci-fi movies tend to be the ones I wear out.

The Matrix (i've watched it probably 100+ times), + sequels
Bladerunner
Gattaca
Donnie Darko

along with some from other genres

Constantine
Memento
V for Vendetta (probably the one i've watched 2nd most)
Underworld

Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 08:31:29 pm »
I've seen Old School, Major League, Dumb and Dumber, The Frisco Kid, Waking Ned Devine and A Christmas Carol at least a dozen times each. I also rewatch the show King of the Hill a lot. When I a kid I watched Star Wars 4-6 probably at least ten times each.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:22 pm »
Clerks
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
Army of Darkness

I need to go back to watching more Mel Brooks stuff.  Been awhile since I've seen Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles.

Don't forget Young Frankenstein and Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Mel Brooks should be knighted.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »
Saving Private Ryan
Green Mile
Field of Dreams
Dances with Wolves
Boondock Saints
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730