Author Topic: The price of retro games in 50 years from now? Theories? Doom? Share.  (Read 5075 times)

sworddude

Gaming in the year 2066 will consist of holograms in your house that you interact with like droids in the first person. You literally play the main role in your own living room and holograms build a virtual gaming reality around you. You become the game. The world will most likely be in the rebuilding process after some sort of world war.  At the going rate by then Smash Melee will be anywhere from $2,409,209 to $3,490,023.90. Considering it was 40 last year and is 70 now. Inflation will grow rapidly.  And a CIB copy of EarthBound will literally be transported in an armored truck to fort knox where it will be guarded for the rest of its life by navy seals. Resellers will drive the prices to the moon. 50 years from now Wii U will be old and retro and Atari 2600 will be a dinosaur fossil that the children laugh at as they send text messages via brain waves. Realistically retro video games will be cherished by us old men and the modern kids in the year 2066 might take up collecting things they grew up with like wii u and xbox one. Those will be extremely retro by then. I assume the prices will either plummet because all of us that cared died by then, or they will sky rocket because they will get much more limited. It all depends on weather or not the next generation cares about them. That's why If I have a youngin I am going to raise him on the classics. The roots. so he will always appreciate the fundamentals no matter what fancy virtual reality immersive technology he has by the time he gets older lol.

Based from your older posts I've seen, I seriously have no idea if you're joking or serious. In 50 years the high end price of Smash Melee will increase almost 6 million percent? ??? I don't know much about economics, but I dunno about that haha
Based on his created threads we can conclude that he's... different than all of us.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

dreama1

Gaming in the year 2066 will consist of holograms in your house that you interact with like droids in the first person. You literally play the main role in your own living room and holograms build a virtual gaming reality around you. You become the game. The world will most likely be in the rebuilding process after some sort of world war.  At the going rate by then Smash Melee will be anywhere from $2,409,209 to $3,490,023.90. Considering it was 40 last year and is 70 now. Inflation will grow rapidly.  And a CIB copy of EarthBound will literally be transported in an armored truck to fort knox where it will be guarded for the rest of its life by navy seals. Resellers will drive the prices to the moon. 50 years from now Wii U will be old and retro and Atari 2600 will be a dinosaur fossil that the children laugh at as they send text messages via brain waves. Realistically retro video games will be cherished by us old men and the modern kids in the year 2066 might take up collecting things they grew up with like wii u and xbox one. Those will be extremely retro by then. I assume the prices will either plummet because all of us that cared died by then, or they will sky rocket because they will get much more limited. It all depends on weather or not the next generation cares about them. That's why If I have a youngin I am going to raise him on the classics. The roots. so he will always appreciate the fundamentals no matter what fancy virtual reality immersive technology he has by the time he gets older lol.
Seems optimistic to think Atari 2600 will even be considered as dinosaur fossils at this point.

kashell

50 years is a long time. It's impossible to predict what could happen that far into the future. Like most things people collect, there will rises and falls in terms of interest. We're on a rise now, but just like the housing market, there will eventually be a fall.

I dunno, I thought this was pretty funny. You've got some vivid imagination.

Based on his created threads we can conclude that he's... different than all of us.

My vote goes to "attention seeking troll"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

^ Attention seeking, yeah, agreed. But I don't think he's trying to be a troll. I don't think he's trying to piss anyone off, he just wants to talk a lot.

^ Attention seeking, yeah, agreed. But I don't think he's trying to be a troll. I don't think he's trying to piss anyone off, he just wants to talk a lot.

If he truly believes some of the things he says then he's just "special" but I kinda doubt it so my vote still goes to troll.

kashell

Trolling refers to starting arguments, playing victim when people call him/her out, going out of their way to put someone down, etc.

MVC isn't trolling, but he is probably the quirkiest individual this site has seen in quite some time.

sworddude

MVC is not a troll just wants to talk allot.

Your Stylish Sword Master!