Author Topic: New Dreamcast...Really?!  (Read 9587 times)

abe

Re: New Dreamcast...Really?!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2016, 03:52:07 pm »
I hate the Dreamcast. Its 2nd only to the N64 as the worst full blown console ever made. Thats not my issue though. There is already a Nintendo system, a Sony system, and a Microshaft system. The list of games coming out is not only impressive but extensive. What on earth makes us need another console company ? I can not see a single thing that they can bring to the table that will sway anyone from the big 3 (4 if you count the PC) right now. Hell, damn near every Sega title is being whored out to at least one of those 3 atm as it is.

You know what I hate? People who don't take down their Christmas decorations after Christmas is long gone.

Shade thrown :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »
I hate the Dreamcast. Its 2nd only to the N64 as the worst full blown console ever made. Thats not my issue though. There is already a Nintendo system, a Sony system, and a Microshaft system. The list of games coming out is not only impressive but extensive. What on earth makes us need another console company ? I can not see a single thing that they can bring to the table that will sway anyone from the big 3 (4 if you count the PC) right now. Hell, damn near every Sega title is being whored out to at least one of those 3 atm as it is.

You know what I hate? People who don't take down their Christmas decorations after Christmas is long gone.

Shade thrown :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 12:39:59 pm »
Update on the hardware from the Project Dream Team sent to my email today:

Mar 31, 2016 — Hi everyone,

We wish to inform you all that our prototype is moving along smoothly.

We have been working with many 3rd party hardware manufacturers and have been discussing both new and future technology.

We've seen some pretty cool stuff and we have now narrowed down our hardware to a few fantastic options.

As for the OS, we've got something awesome in the pipeline for that and are soon going to begin testing on our first alpha model!

Due to non-disclosure agreements with various third-parties, we cannot release any technical information so we ask you to stick around and look forward to what we have to show when its ready.

Kind regards,

Project Dream

rayne315

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:43 pm »
Update on the hardware from the Project Dream Team sent to my email today:

Mar 31, 2016 — Hi everyone,

We wish to inform you all that our prototype is moving along smoothly.

We have been working with many 3rd party hardware manufacturers and have been discussing both new and future technology.

We've seen some pretty cool stuff and we have now narrowed down our hardware to a few fantastic options.

As for the OS, we've got something awesome in the pipeline for that and are soon going to begin testing on our first alpha model!

Due to non-disclosure agreements with various third-parties, we cannot release any technical information so we ask you to stick around and look forward to what we have to show when its ready.

Kind regards,

Project Dream

you should ask them if when/if this thing releases you can have one of the prototypes
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 08:31:53 am »
Well, now that Sega has finalized its aquisition of Atlus, if Sega were to return to console making and stop publishing on other platforms, they would at least have the Atlus library of IPs on top of their small library.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »
Well, you were all right. The dream is officially dead:

The project has been taken offline. This is due to a schism within the team caused by inefficient and amateurish conduct resulting in members being removed and others leaving the team. In light of such unprofessional behavior and an embarrassing lack of progress, seasoned members of the Gaming industry have chosen to distance themselves from the project. I too am stepping away from Project Dream. Please note the Twitter account @Project_DreamDC is no longer associated with this group.

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »

The project has been taken offline. This is due to a schism within the team caused by inefficient and amateurish conduct resulting in members being removed and others leaving the team. In light of such unprofessional behavior and an embarrassing lack of progress, seasoned members of the Gaming industry have chosen to distance themselves from the project. I too am stepping away from Project Dream. Please note the Twitter account @Project_DreamDC is no longer associated with this group.
Source?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227087
http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2016/06/dreamcast-2-project-shuts-down.html?m=1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:32:52 pm by ctracy87 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »

Source?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227087
http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2016/06/dreamcast-2-project-shuts-down.html?m=1

Source is straight from the horse's mouth. I took the quote from their official Facebook group description that changed to this today, the same group that kicked EVERYONE out of the group.

kashell

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 08:06:19 am »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 09:56:37 am »
Good. So now we're done 'till the next new SEGA hardware revival rumor nonsense.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2016, 10:06:30 am »
Good. So now we're done 'till the next new SEGA hardware revival rumor nonsense.
So we're good till tomorrow

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2016, 10:59:55 am »
If "seasoned members of the gaming industry" (as they put it) are distancing themselves, that means something was actually happening at one point, though. So this REALLY sucks. This was probably the best shot we were ever going to have at a new Sega system.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2016, 11:09:31 am »
Well, this certainly puts a twist in the story. I just got this in my email:

gf78

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
This thing was never going to fly.  Sega is a shell of the company it once was.  There core business now is licensing out their IPs for Sammy-made Pachinko machines and whoring Sonic out in bizarre and crappy games that nobody wants. 

In light of how many companies are trying and failing in the hardware market (Ouya, Steam Machine, Chameleon, etc.) there is no way Sega was going to officially do this.

People cling to Sega and the Dreamcast like Elvis fans.  The Dreamcast and Sega as we knew them are gone and buried. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us