Author Topic: Everything we have been taught was all a lie?  (Read 2403 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Everything we have been taught was all a lie?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 11:45:29 pm »
Zack, that wall of text. Stop.

Cory Taylor is a poet though.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 03:01:49 am »
Not all of it. But yes, a lot of things I've been taught were as good to me as being a lie.

At some point you have to face that capitalism, despite being probably the most prosperous system, is flawed. It becomes corrupt. They're strip mining the working class and automating everything under the sun with the technological push, so I have to ask, what is the endgame? Where is the all leading to? It could be very well possible that no one actually knows, or cares. But if you don't think the west is slowly falling apart, you need to take off the rosey reds.

I've always been for education reform. It's time we end standardized testing and all the pretending like everyone has the same potential, the same academic strengths and weaknesses. At least to me, the meaning of success is not defined as making a lot of money, having a mortgage, a couple of kids, etc. It's just living well, and you know you're doing that when you can look forward to the next day. That really is something that they don't teach you, and could be that the system really doesn't want you to realize that. You are essentially a worker bee, but unfortunately much like the actual bees, the artificial system they've built around us is not sustainable and we will die off. It's a matter of time.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 12:33:22 pm »
There are reasons for college tuition costing an astronomical amount as well as things like "No Child Left Behind." 

No Child Left Behind basically sets the core curriculum so that everyone passes.  The unfortunate reality is that some people are smarter than others, some people have learning disabilities and nobody learns at the same rate or capabilities.  So if you are driving down a 55mph road and one person can't manage to go over 40mph, what happens?  Everyone gets slowed down to 40mph.  Same concept here.  The curriculum has been dumbed-down so everyone will pass it.  The result is our public schools are providing a poorer education than before.  It's evident when you see that pretty much the entire world's educational system is surpassing our own.

And the reason for college being so expensive is simple.  It's a deterrent.  The rich people who run this country have already dumbed down how our children learn, they've nearly eradicated the "middle class" to where now we have rich and poor and who the fuck can afford to go to college unless you are the cream that rises to the top and gets a scholarship?  One only needs look back through history where you have the wealthy and the peasants.  Sound familiar?

Rich kids get private educations and their daddy has all the money they need for the best education.  Capitalism at it's finest. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:45:19 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us