Author Topic: Blinking Light Win - Which Category?  (Read 1042 times)

Blinking Light Win - Which Category?
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »
I ordered a "Blinking Light Win" from Arcade Works last week, which is still in transit. When it arrives I'll add it to the database since it's not here but was wondering which category would be more appropriate - NES Hardware or NES accessory?

tpugmire

Re: Blinking Light Win - Which Category?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:09:48 pm »
Yikes, I don't even know. It's not REALLY either, more like a console mod. Do we really want to start cataloging parts?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 10:58:42 pm »
Yikes, I don't even know. It's not REALLY either, more like a console mod. Do we really want to start cataloging parts?

Its a good question. If you decide you don't want it added I won't. It's not a big deal

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 10:24:01 am »
Replacement parts? I'd say no. We'd have to include LED lights and capacitors too.  ;D

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:03 am »
The way the database is currently constructed, the only reason why you would add it as an entry (and into your collection) would be if you were to have purchased it just to have it. This concept is not outside the realm of possibility however.  8)

Since you can't assign an item to another item, it doesn't make sense to have it there. So you probably should just edit the Note on your NES entry and put in there that it contains Blinking Light Win.

I still feel that it will eventually show up somewhere. If it were to be classified for the current db sections I would say NES Accessory.