Author Topic: Just started my collection. But looking for opinions.  (Read 4055 times)

gf78

Re: Just started my collection. But looking for opinions.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:41 pm »
Here is my stance. Repros are definitely a nice alternative to some games. If there had been an option to get a Rayearth repro before I finally found the copy I have, I would have gotten it. I honestly think that most people are against repros cause of the value of some games. If all games were worth nothing, who would really care about repros?

I actually also prefer that they sacrifice sports games to make them too. One less sports game on a shelf = win.

I always assumed that is where the bulk of reused carts came from.  You can go to any store that sells games and see dozens of copies of Madden 199* or whatever.  I would rather these carts get reused than just tossed out.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 04:28:12 am »
Here is my stance. Repros are definitely a nice alternative to some games. If there had been an option to get a Rayearth repro before I finally found the copy I have, I would have gotten it. I honestly think that most people are against repros cause of the value of some games. If all games were worth nothing, who would really care about repros?

I actually also prefer that they sacrifice sports games to make them too. One less sports game on a shelf = win.

I always assumed that is where the bulk of reused carts came from.  You can go to any store that sells games and see dozens of copies of Madden 199* or whatever.  I would rather these carts get reused than just tossed out.

Yep.

And seriously how many Super Mario/Duck Hunt carts do we really need in the wild?

Here is a link to a seller on etsy that clearly labels their repros:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GamesNDecals
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:46:17 am by dashv »

gf78

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 03:16:28 pm »
Yep.

And seriously how many Super Mario/Duck Hunt carts do we really need in the wild?

Here is a link to a seller on etsy that clearly labels their repros:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GamesNDecals

If I was in the market for collecting cartridges - especially games never previously released in the US - this would be a good way to go about it.  There are a ton of Squaresoft and Enix RPG's that never left Japan that I've seen repros on eBay for.  I've been tempted a time or two, but just never bit the bullet to get into it.  It's a cool option to have.  I think the market for repros would lead more to custom games for me than imports though.  With systems like the Retron 5 and it's ability to run language patches, it's pretty easy to get complete copies of these Japanese games and play them.  And the games from Japan are comparatively cheap compared to US releases!   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us