Author Topic: What is everyone's side hobby/collection?  (Read 5594 times)

What is everyone's side hobby/collection?
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:58 am »
We all share mutual love for video games but outside of games what else do you like to do/collect in spare time  :) 

indenton

Re: What is everyone's side hobby/collection?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:38:35 am »
We all share mutual love for video games but outside of games what else do you like to do/collect in spare time  :) 

I'm a digital artist, aspiring designer in general.  But I've been drawing and sketching ever since I was a lil'

How about you Marv?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:53:54 am by indenton »

gf78

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:11:45 am »
Star Wars fanatic.  I have an fairly largish collection.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Nickkchilla

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:54 am »
I read a lot of manga. I wouldn't say collect, but the amount of takabon / light novels I manage to order and read may as well count. I often get annoyed at my habit because I'm sure if I wouldn't spend so much on books, I'd have a lot of cash to finish up my video game collection, lol.

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:03:12 am »
im a family man. what time I don't spend at work or playing video games I spend with my family.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:10 am »
I like being by the water. I'll swim, dive, water ski, (attempt to) wake-board, and so on. I'd love to live next to a body of water some day.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:11:09 am »
I will add that I've toned my Star Wars collecting down to idle.  There are a few books coming out throughout the year I will pick up as well as the new comics that come out.  I have subs for the Smuggler's Bounty box and Insider Magazine.  Other than that, I'll pick up any Disney Store Die-Cast Elite figures that may get released.

I've been spending more time with the family and now that summer is in full swing, swimming will be a daily thing.  I'm trying to save some money and I will also be making another sales thread here soon.  Keep an eye out!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 12:16:22 pm »
I collect many things.  ;D

Baseball cards, Transformers and movies are my other major collections. If I were to rank them, it would probably be like this:
1. Transformers
2. Baseball cards
3. Video Games
4. Movies

In my house, I plan to have a room for each. The Transformers room is already set up and is maybe 80% set up. The baseball card room is around 50% or so. All the walls are bare in there. Video Games room is maybe 20% and is mostly used for storage. Movies are all in my living room and dining room.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »
My other hobby is Runescape and Pokemon Cards i guess. I also like to watch tv series and anime. x)

realpoketendonl

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 06:43:42 pm »
Outside of gaming and the huge amount of YouTube and Twitch I watch, I'm a member of the Scouting and I enjoy horseback riding. Also, sometimes I take up other projects, but I often end up putting them back down just as quick (currently taking baby-steps into 3D-modelling (mainly because I want to create playermodels for Garry's Mod), and I'd love to set up a YouTube channel one day, once I get the right equipment).
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:37 pm »
1. I've collected comic books even longer than I've been a gamer (and I started gaming at about 6 or 7). Mostly stick to DC & Marvel superhero comics. But I also dabble in horror, fantasy, and licensed stuff I'm into (like Terminator, Star Trek, Resident Evil, etc.). Green Lantern is my favorite.

2. Huge metal-head and have a decent collection of metal CDs & cassettes. I'm into a lot of different metal, too: Classic metal, 80s thrash metal, 80s hair metal, grunge, melodic death-metal, and some of the so-called nu-metal bands like Mudvayne & Disturbed among others. Megadeth all-time is my favorite band. A recent favorite has been Scar Symmetry.

3. I also collect movies. DVD, Blu-Ray, or VHS. But I wouldn't call myself a film buff. I pretty much stick to sci-fi, horror, fantasy, super-heroes, and pro-wrestling (speaking of which...).

4. Finally, I'm a pro-wrestling fan. Not nearly into the current stuff as I was in past years, but I still watch it. I was a huge WCW fan until they went under. Also watch WWF/E and TNA (at least I watched TNA until a year or so back, it got bad). Sting is my all-time favorite wrestler, Dean Ambrose is my favorite wrestler that's currently active.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »
My real passion are high performance cars. As a matter of fact I might be selling my collection in order to upgrade my car.

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 10:52:47 pm »
I love watching baseball and have done so almost as long as I have been gaming.  In addition to that I am also interested in classic literature and technology (mainly networking stuff right now for my degree and internship).  Now if only I had time for all of this stuff   ::)

I collect many things.  ;D

Baseball cards, Transformers and movies are my other major collections. If I were to rank them, it would probably be like this:
1. Transformers
2. Baseball cards
3. Video Games
4. Movies

In my house, I plan to have a room for each. The Transformers room is already set up and is maybe 80% set up. The baseball card room is around 50% or so. All the walls are bare in there. Video Games room is maybe 20% and is mostly used for storage. Movies are all in my living room and dining room.
Do you have a specific era or teams that you focus on in your baseball card collection?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:04 am »
1. I'm a huge fan of hockey teams, especially the LA Kings. I used to also play hockey for many years, until practices at nearby rinks started to hit the $20/hr rate. Still want to go back and play again someday.

2. I'm a huge music fan. I've got a pretty good cd collection compromised over a variety of genres, but mostly classical and jazz. Plus, I play piano as well( as well as organ lessons on and off) that I'm hoping will give me some additional work over summer.