Author Topic: Holy freakin shiznit!!!  (Read 3973 times)

kashell

Re: Holy freakin shiznit!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 04:25:23 pm »
Congratulations! I love it when good things happen to good people!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 07:13:43 pm »
Didn't you win a taco bell PS4 too?  You lucky son of a gun.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:39 pm »
Didn't you win a taco bell PS4 too?  You lucky son of a gun.

I don't know if that counts as a win turf. I still have stomach cramps from those quesarito demons.

Just to be clear because I didn't explicitly say it and I figure it may be misinterpreted, I only won the Xbox One system and not the PS4. The only pic I could find was the two together.

In any event, still pretty cool and I'll finally get to play the old Rare games. I always said I wouldn't buy another Xbox branded console and I stand by that. But I'm also not going to toss it in the trash. And that Doom paint job is pretty friggin awesome looking!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 09:06:34 pm »
That's pretty cool. How much you selling it for on eBay?
Lol

gf78

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
Lol

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. If I see them going for ridiculous sums, I may have to think about it. It's Doom, it looks cool and I'll have the chance to play a few games that are exclusive. I've looked and sealed copies of Sunset Overdrive go for less than fifteen bucks. I picked up the Master Chief Collection for $22 new/sealed & shipped on eBay. Along with Rare Replay, I'll be good for quite some time. There is honestly not that many games I want/want to play that are Xbox exclusive and I've cut way back on my collecting as is. I'll be more than happy to revisit the Bungie-era Halo games. I've missed those.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:01 am »
Lol

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. If I see them going for ridiculous sums, I may have to think about it. It's Doom, it looks cool and I'll have the chance to play a few games that are exclusive. I've looked and sealed copies of Sunset Overdrive go for less than fifteen bucks. I picked up the Master Chief Collection for $22 new/sealed & shipped on eBay. Along with Rare Replay, I'll be good for quite some time. There is honestly not that many games I want/want to play that are Xbox exclusive and I've cut way back on my collecting as is. I'll be more than happy to revisit the Bungie-era Halo games. I've missed those.

Congrats man!

Quantum Break
And
Ori and the Blind Forest

Should be added to your must play list. :)

gf78

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 06:38:15 am »
Lol

Congrats man!

Quantum Break
And
Ori and the Blind Forest

Should be added to your must play list. :)

Oh yeah, and Ori just got a physical release. Perfect!  Thanks dashv!

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 06:47:53 am »
Lol

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind.

Congrats, but yea if it was me, I'd be selling it in a heartbeat. I'm not a modern gamer nor a doom fan so it means nothing to me. I could use that money for some nice retro pre-crash goodies for the collection. That's not to diminish your win. It's awesome because you won and it's awesome that its something you love, so again, congrats :)

gf78

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 10:59:32 am »
Congrats, but yea if it was me, I'd be selling it in a heartbeat. I'm not a modern gamer nor a doom fan so it means nothing to me. I could use that money for some nice retro pre-crash goodies for the collection. That's not to diminish your win. It's awesome because you won and it's awesome that its something you love, so again, congrats :)

I definitely considered selling it when I got it.  I'm sure it would go for big money being a custom system from Bethesda themselves.  But...I've always loved Doom.  I even broke my "no-game-buying" moratorium for Doom.  I've been sitting on copies of Rare Replay and Titanfall (Collector's Edition) for quite some time now.  I just went ahead and picked up the Halo Master Chief Collection on eBay and I'll probably pick up Sunset Overdrive since I can get a new/sealed copy for fifteen bucks (and it's one of the few Xbox exclusives that I was sad to never have a chance to play).  Ori and the Blind Forest sounds great and it's on disc now for under $20 so I'll get that.  There are some others I will eventually probably pick up when the price is right.  I'm not looking to get into Xbox gaming in any major capacity, let alone buying full-retail priced games. 

rayne315

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:34 am »
personally if it were me I would attempt to trade it for that sweet sweet ps4 one. it looks 1,000,000x better than the xbox version.

How many were made for each?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »
Don't forget that you can play some old 360 games on that thing! (unless you alreaady own a 360, lol)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 06:34:29 am »
personally if it were me I would attempt to trade it for that sweet sweet ps4 one. it looks 1,000,000x better than the xbox version.

How many were made for each?

No clue. I assume it's a very small amount, probably in the hundreds at most for each. I'm good with it since I already own three PS4s. And hey, this will give me a chance to go back and play the classic Halo games. I still love those.

gf78

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 06:36:29 am »
Don't forget that you can play some old 360 games on that thing! (unless you alreaady own a 360, lol)

Ah, no 360 for a couple years now. But the 360 games I would be interested in are dirt cheap now (Reach, ODST) and are backward compatible.

gf78

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 08:47:48 am »
Well, I think I pretty much have the games I wanted to play now.  Just waiting for the Xbox to arrive.

I have eight games now:
Ori and the Blind Forest
Halo the Master Chief Collection
Halo 5 Guardians
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay
Ryse Day One Edition (hey, it was seven bucks with a shiny metallic cover!)
Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition
Titanfall Collector's Edition

gf78

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »
Here it is!  They included a copy of Doom signed by a bazillion people too!