Author Topic: I don't know how to Craigslist >:(  (Read 2240 times)

sworddude

Re: I don't know how to Craigslist >:(
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 05:09:29 am »

4. The 'dumbass' wanted me to do a bank transfer because 5% would be deducted from a PayPal payment.  This is incorrect since the cut only applies when dealing with different currencies. 

This is incorrect paypal costs are always around 5 % In my country it is 3,4 % and 35 cents on every payment.

Paying in different currencies are extra costs aside from the costs that I have already mentioned and those cost vary for each different currency.

Paypal is a **** with their costs.

Anyways lesson learned especially with newer gen consoles and games allot of scams happen.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

rayne315

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »
I was too humiliated to tell anyone about this in person, but the VGCollect community came through and got me out of my slump.  Thank you all so much, I'm feeling much better now!

btw did you contact your bank and tell them? they may be able to reverse the bank transfer but you may also have to file a police report.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 01:55:57 pm »
I was too humiliated to tell anyone about this in person, but the VGCollect community came through and got me out of my slump.  Thank you all so much, I'm feeling much better now!

btw did you contact your bank and tell them? they may be able to reverse the bank transfer but you may also have to file a police report.

Did you not contact PayPal?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »

Banktransfers can't be reversed by the bank [EU]. You can ask, and they will ask the recipient, but with a scam no chance.

I always google the account. And in the Netherlands we have a website that keeps track of some scammers with those bank accounts, so they when googling they turn up. They can change their bank accounts, but you need to see the signs some give. And if you think its a scam, leave it, don't gamble, their will always be a next seller.

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

Did you not contact PayPal?

The scammer asked for a bank transfer in order to avoid the PayPal "fees." If the fees are that big of a deal, I usually offer to help cover some of the fees for the security of having PayPal's fraud protection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas