Author Topic: First & Early Impressions of an Xbox One NooB  (Read 5726 times)

gf78

Re: First & Early Impressions of an Xbox One NooB
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »
Just wait til you try to install Rare Replay. It does each game separately.

Yeah....I know. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

revelation23

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 06:59:02 pm »
I finally broke down a got mine a couple months ago when they had the white version with Quantum Break for $300, but I have to wonder if I should have waited for the S model instead.  First console I've had brand new since the NES that my mom bought me, every other console I have has been used since then.

I don't like the interface.  I prefer the 360's dashboard over the XBONE or PS3.  It's faster, smoother and I know where everything is.  I never even knew that the button on the left was for pairing (I don't remember seeing any mention of it in the documentation that came with my XBONE) until I saw mention of it here; my controller connected immediately and the console starts up a few seconds after the controller does.

Watch your hard drive space.  Master Chief Collection is one of the bigger ones at over 60 GB installed IIRC but Quantum Break is still the king with the optional 75 GB of video.  With the core version of Win10 and whatever else taking up a huge chunk of hard drive space, you may find yourself running low after installing only a handful of games.

shepard11

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 01:23:36 pm »

Watch your hard drive space.  Master Chief Collection is one of the bigger ones at over 60 GB installed IIRC but Quantum Break is still the king with the optional 75 GB of video.  With the core version of Win10 and whatever else taking up a huge chunk of hard drive space, you may find yourself running low after installing only a handful of games.

Why I ended up buying a 3T external harddrive for mine because I have about 1.5T worth of games on it.

gf78

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »
I've gotten used to navigating the dashboard, though I feel I can get to everything on the PS4 much easier and I prefer the PS4's customization options. I've noticed Windows and system software eats up a huge chunk of the HDD space, so I'm glad this system included a one terabyte drive. I'm not planning on picking many games up, but when I download the Gold freebies I'm sure it will really start eating into it.

I went ahead and picked up a second controller and Forza 6 for my racing fix.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 07:58:52 pm »
^ I wish I had gotten the 1 TB drive. I didn't realize that you didn't even have the option to play off of the disc until I got my system, so I didn't think I needed more than 500 GB.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 08:57:33 pm »
^ I wish I had gotten the 1 TB drive. I didn't realize that you didn't even have the option to play off of the disc until I got my system, so I didn't think I needed more than 500 GB.

Yeah, doesn't matter PS4 or Xbox One, both install the games. I've torn through the PS4 space in no time.

soera

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:53 am »
Seeing all that green in your collection is causing me issues.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:46 am »
Seeing all that green in your collection is causing me issues.

Causes you issues?  Green didn't cause that.  :P

necrosexual

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 03:17:35 am »

i just said "oh... my... god" out loud reading this
i wanted an xbone too... partially for rare replay...
oh my godddd.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 01:41:04 pm »

oh my godddd.

The bulk of the Rare Replay games installed at one time.  The Banjo games, Viva Pinata games and Perfect Dark games installed separately as did a couple others.  The longest installs were Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and Kameo because those were 360 games.  The N64 games installed in no time.  And luckily with this game unlike Halo 5, after a little bit, you could start the main Rare Replay game up and start playing some of those titles. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 01:44:42 pm »
I wonder how that's going to work when they eventually drop the 360 online service. Will the people that buy the game later just get screwed?

rayne315

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:03 pm »

oh my godddd.

The bulk of the Rare Replay games installed at one time.  The Banjo games, Viva Pinata games and Perfect Dark games installed separately as did a couple others.  The longest installs were Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and Kameo because those were 360 games.  The N64 games installed in no time.  And luckily with this game unlike Halo 5, after a little bit, you could start the main Rare Replay game up and start playing some of those titles.

random question for you. what would happen if you pull the internet plug/aren't connected to the internet? does a screen just come up saying you cant play them or something?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 01:59:38 pm »
I wonder how that's going to work when they eventually drop the 360 online service. Will the people that buy the game later just get screwed?

I don't know.  Since it's backwards compatible titles, they should continue to work especially since inserting the Rare Replay disc starts all the downloads.

On a side note, I've really been enjoying Max the Curse of Brotherhood.  And I bought the code off eBay for $1.50.  It's probably well worth the original $15 asking price on Xbox Live, but $1.50 is a no-brainer and a complete bargain.  I've always enjoyed these side-scrolling, physics-based titles where you have to really think about how to progress. 

gf78

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 02:03:12 pm »

oh my godddd.

random question for you. what would happen if you pull the internet plug/aren't connected to the internet? does a screen just come up saying you cant play them or something?

Once the games are installed, you simply have to have the disc in the drive for them to load much like the PS4.  I've tried starting the Rare Replay titles like Banjo-Kazooie who's "icons" are clearly Xbox Live download title icons/pics.  If the disc is not in the drive, it pops up with a long winded message asking if you own this game, blah, blah, blah.  It does that with any game you have installed.

rayne315

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 02:04:25 pm »

oh my godddd.

Once the games are installed, you simply have to have the disc in the drive for them to load much like the PS4.  I've tried starting the Rare Replay titles like Banjo-Kazooie who's "icons" are clearly Xbox Live download title icons/pics.  If the disc is not in the drive, it pops up with a long winded message asking if you own this game, blah, blah, blah.  It does that with any game you have installed.

sorry I ment pre installation of games. are any of them actually on the disc?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully