Author Topic: More Missing Consoles  (Read 47510 times)

More Missing Consoles
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:12:38 pm »
No Super Famicom (Super Nintendo Entertainment System JP) in list, Perhaps adding a feature that allows users to add consoles like we can add games would prevent frequent console suggestions?

matt

Re: More Missing Consoles
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:44 pm »
Adding. The plan is to have every platform listed an available for submissions and edits real soon here. For now I'm just adding them as they are requested or when I do bulk uploads.

Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:29:19 am »
Can we get the Neo Geo MVS Platform added? and the other Arcade platforms, CPS1, SPC2 CPS3, Sega Naomi, Hyper Neo 64, Jamma etc? All of them will need multiple regions. Also the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis equivilant for us PAL users)
I am liking the look of this site :D

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:42:06 am »
@warpedflash I'll work on adding these later today. I'll update you when they are ready. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:15 am »
Oh and Sega st-v... there are loads to add lol :P

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 06:14:59 am »
PC Engine Super CD-Rom
PC Engine Arcade CD-Rom

I fund the Megadrive but sould do with renameing to be Sega like the other systems are.

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:25 am »
I'm slacking on these and will try to get them added today when I update the database. As for Mega Drive I'm pretty sure the official name is just Mega Drive with no Sega. Regardless once I update the database it will be grouped together with the Genesis.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:06 am »
> warpedflash
> PC Engine Super CD-Rom
>PC Engine Arcade CD-Rom

>I fund the Megadrive but sould do with renameing to be Sega like the other systems are.

In my opinion the PC Engine CD category in place should include Super and Arcade CD since it is technically the same unit.

matt

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:53 am »
I'm definitely no expert on PC Engine so I'll let you guys decide this one. If you were looking to acquire a complete collection of these, how would you want them listed?

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 09:51:08 am »
They are all just CD's that play on the same platform, the difference being the Arcade and Super CD games require a HU card that contains more ram. They don't come in different variants, for instance there is no Arcade CD that has an alternate Super CD version. Same applies for Super CD and regular CD release games.

Once you get past the PC Engine and go into the Turbo/PCEngine DUO you only need an Arcade card because the extra ram found in the Super CD HU card is built into the system.

*EDIT*
On this same note... Should the 32x CD games have their own category? I would say yes for those... double standards?? lol :/

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:41:53 am »
The original reason I suggested all 3 CD groups was the same as the reason for giving CD 32x games their own.... They wont work on just the CD hardware... Either way would be fine though I guess. Just for adding games into the database its more of a pain to go back and change th egroups later than it is to add them specifically.

The mega drive I have always known as the "Sega Mega Drive" (see the logo here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Drive) am I'm from the UK but if there is a different offical name then no idea....

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:18:23 am »
> warpedflash
> The original reason I suggested all 3 CD groups was the same as the reason for giving CD 32x games their own.... They wont work on just the CD hardware... Either way would be fine though I guess. Just for adding games into the database its more of a pain to go back and change th egroups later than it is to add them specifically.

>The mega drive I have always known as the "Sega Mega Drive" (see the logo here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Drive) am I'm from the UK but if there is a different offical name then no idea....

If we split off the PC Engine CD we'd have to do the Same for the TurboGrafx-CD and since there are no variants of the CD games the title alone would reference if its CDRom2, Super CD or Arcade CD. I do understand what you mean. Its just in the 32x's case there are 2 different types of media for the same platform, CD and Cart, where the PC Engine CD and TurboGrafx-CD are already separated off from the HU Cards.

If you use an Arcade Pro card, you can play every CD game regardless of type in the PC Engine library (except the Game Express) .

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »
I get that :) Just some people I talk to would want to split it all the way I'm not that fussed really lol

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »
Do you frequent the pcenginefx forums?
I'm nowhere near as a hardcore collector as most and if more people think it should be split, so be it. Its easier imho to compare 1 list vs multiple lists.

*EDIT*
I do have another missing console to add:

PC Engine SuperGrafx [JP]

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 02:26:29 pm »
Not really I am more into the arcade side of collecting :) I have a fair few consoles and games as well but dont frequent forums for most. the PC Engine is looking interesting to me :P Only got mine a week odd ago but mainly on the recommendation of others for shooters :P