Author Topic: More Missing Consoles  (Read 49120 times)

htimreimer

Re: More Missing Consoles
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2012, 07:54:09 pm »
I know no one will really care about this console, but can we get the Teachatron added? It was produced by JC Penny in 1984.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=290562277295&nma=true&rt=nc&si=uyIe6ps5S%252BYfK8Na1YFUbrRCKaU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_3447wt_1271
to me it look like a one of those kids computers like my vtech computer and we have talk about that before and we pretty much scott and matt said that even tho it has cartridges for it  its not something we can add for a reason that i can remember but if it runs dos it may get a sub category in the pc category but thats up to matt and scott ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:09:48 pm by htimreimer »

rachel

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »
I noticed in the Sega - Other section that you can add games for "SG-1000 II." I was thinking that this should just be SG-1000 and that there should be a separate "SG-1000 Hardware" link containing the SG-1000 and the SG-1000 II. I don't have either console (yet!), but I do have a game that would probably be better suited for a generic SG-1000 category that is independent of hardware revision.

All that said, I'm not sure whether the Sega Mark III falls under SG-1000 Hardware or Sega Master System hardware. Maybe someone else is more up on that piece of hardware than I?

Thanks to the mods for fielding my various, odd questions and requests over the past year! :)

rachel

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:13 pm »
I'm also curious where we might add games from the Mac OS 7 to OS 9 era. Perhaps there is already a category suited for these and I missed it. Thanks again!

foxhack

« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »
We don't have a section for Mac games other than the Apple II, mostly because nobody ever asked for one. :p

« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:36 pm »
There are games for Mac?!?!?!? :O

:p

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:06 am »
Ahoyhoy! I agree with Rachel :) There should be a section to add Sega Mark III / Sega Master System [JP] games to the database. The Mark III (which is the same hardware as the Master System without the Japan-only built in FM synthesis module) runs all games from the previous SG-1000 series. Now here is my question, should the cartridge and rom card games be included under the same section?  8)

The Sega SG-1000 and SG-1000 II should be listed under their own, combined category for hardware as they are technologically different from what became the Master System. (Which is why no backwards compatibility) ;) Perhaps the section could be titled "Sega SG-1000 Series Hardware"...

I was about to add my 2MB Gold Cartridge of Out Run for the Mark III to the database when, alas, there was no appropriate section to be found. Doh! ^^;

foxhack

« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2012, 11:49:57 am »
Ahoyhoy! I agree with Rachel :) There should be a section to add Sega Mark III / Sega Master System [JP] games to the database. The Mark III (which is the same hardware as the Master System without the Japan-only built in FM synthesis module) runs all games from the previous SG-1000 series. Now here is my question, should the cartridge and rom card games be included under the same section?  8)

The Sega SG-1000 and SG-1000 II should be listed under their own, combined category for hardware as they are technologically different from what became the Master System. (Which is why no backwards compatibility) ;) Perhaps the section could be titled "Sega SG-1000 Series Hardware"...

I was about to add my 2MB Gold Cartridge of Out Run for the Mark III to the database when, alas, there was no appropriate section to be found. Doh! ^^;

1: Yes. The Master System took carts or cards, so.

2: Good idea but having two systems under one category might cause some confusion.

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2012, 11:43:06 am »
Well I guess it's best not to cause confusion.

So, can we please have a Sega Master System [JP]  selection for the games database? ;D I only see an SG-1000 II [JP] selection on the list...

« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:50 am »
Just been through the list of available hardware categories and I've got a few requests *Is shot* -

Arcade could use categories for the IGS PGM, IGS PGM2 and the Taito F3 specifically as well as some sort of generic "arcade board" option for units that don't use carts or similar swappable media (unless you do want a million listings for every variant of every arcade board ever o.O).

PC could use (admittedly just for my own benefit) a PC [CHN] section as well as variations on Steam for users from other regions (so [EU]/[JP] etc or however you want to split it).

Amiga needs an [EU] category too, and ideally a split into standard and AGA  (so there would be Amiga [EU]/[US] and Amiga AGA [EU]/[US] listings). AGA games had their own releases and do not work on standard Amiga hardware.

Also Japanese computers need some more categories added - PC-88, PC-98, X68000

(sorry :S)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:59:33 am by kimimi »

htimreimer

« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2012, 06:25:52 am »
we need a action max hardware also here is some consoles we need to add because they are owned by 1 or more people and to me the other categorie should be for knock offs like the pop station and those arcade sticks with 10 games in side 

rca studio ii
pong hardware (yes we have talk about this before but at this point its starting to clutter up the other hardware category)

some thing for coleco tabletop arcade: http://vgcollect.com/item/30347
game wave family entertainment system
creativision
gizmondo
m1000 / mp1000
Nuon (i'm not sure if this count as a video game)
PC-FX
Apple Pippin
Playdia
XaviXPort

tandy video information system

« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:30 am »
Some more that need adding  -

Atari ST [US]
Atari ST[EU]

Mega CD [EU]

Mega Drive [CHN]
Mega Drive [KOR]

MSX [EU]

Neo Geo Pocket Colour [JP]
Neo Geo Pocket Colour [EU]

Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console [JP]
Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console [EU]

PC [KOR]
PC - Digital Download [EU]
PC - Digital Download [JP]

PS2 [CHN]
PS2 [KOR]

PS3 [CHN]
PS3 [KOR]

PSP [CHN]
PSP [KOR]

Sega 32X [JP]
Sega 32X [EU]

I realise that a lot of these won't exactly be red-hot categories with thousands of entries but they'll definitely have nothing in them if they don't exist! ^^~

jcalder8

« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2012, 01:31:10 pm »
A couple more:

Nintendo 3DS [AU[
Wii [AU]
Nintendo VS [NA]

foxhack

« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2012, 09:27:34 pm »
PC [KOR]
PC - Digital Download [EU]
PC - Digital Download [JP]
I would prefer a unified digital download category, myself...

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2012, 12:07:06 am »
I would prefer a unified digital download category, myself...

I think that would get confusing. Take TERA for example - you can buy it as a digital download in Korea, Japan, the US and the EU... but each one is run by a different company, on different servers, and they don't even play the same as each other (special events run at different times, different XP rates, different censorship, etc) so they really aren't the same game at all.

I agree that for Steam games then there's really no difference between my copy of Portal 2 vs. anybody else's copy of Portal 2, but I think for at least non-Steam (and non-GOG) games we need to recognise the region.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:37:55 am by kimimi »

foxhack

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2012, 12:28:34 am »
Fair point.