Author Topic: What cheap games do you think will see a increase in value in the next 5 years?  (Read 2174 times)

I think Wonderful 101 because it had such weak sales but it is really a great game.  :D

davifus

Mario/Duck Hunt 

Kappa
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

Kappa

Haha, so often I want to use the word "Kappa" here but I'm never sure how many folks here use Twitch.

As for the OP... hmmm

It's so hard to say. I keep expecting games like Contact and Etrian Odyssey to shoot up in price, but they're still pretty affordable. Hard to say as it depends on if they're still printing the games or not.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

half the vita library lmao

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

maximo310

Kappa

Haha, so often I want to use the word "Kappa" here but I'm never sure how many folks here use Twitch.

As for the OP... hmmm

It's so hard to say. I keep expecting games like Contact and Etrian Odyssey to shoot up in price, but they're still pretty affordable. Hard to say as it depends on if they're still printing the games or not.
It might be because of Etrian Odyssey having a remake on the 3DS, which has a first print edition that is pretty hard to find for less than $50+.   
I think that some of the niche games in the Wii/DS library will continue to rise in price, as well as ps3 rpgs and x360 shmups/rpgs.

While attempting to collect for the Wii I've definitely noticed a lot of games being very hard to find on it, like never see them anywhere, not even Gamestop. While the jury is already out on some of these games in terms them being pricey, some quite haven't caught on. For being a system that sold very well during its life, it has a lot of games that will be harder and harder to find as the years press on.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I think a lot of the Wii U titles will raise in price, particularly Nintendo-titles and RPGs. Because not a lot of people bought a Wii U so copies of these games will be harder to come by, and Nintendo.

turf

PRO Supporter

I think a lot of the Wii U titles will raise in price, particularly Nintendo-titles and RPGs. Because not a lot of people bought a Wii U so copies of these games will be harder to come by, and Nintendo.

It'll be the new Dreamcast. Hide and watch.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

I agree i think wii u and also alot of wii games that alot of people gave up on because thay thought 98 percent of them were crap will eventuallly raise in value because their is alot of great stuff there. Much like with the dreamcast.

I think this is one of those things that are hard to know.  I mean if you've played a lot of the less advertised games for any platform and you know what's actually good of those, you might have a clue.  But without definite knowledge of print numbers, it's hard to tell what's going to be hard to come by.  Plus, you don't know what games are going to be made popular for some reason or another.

tpugmire

Famicom and Super Famicom games. It's already happening in Japan. Game stores used to be full of old stuff, but it's mostly been picked up by resellers on eBay. The cheap games are slowly rising in price as American gamers are learning about all the cool stuff over there. Japanese versions of the same games we have used to be cheaper than the US versions, even with shipping. That's not necessarily the case anymore.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

necrosexual

Famicom and Super Famicom games. It's already happening in Japan. Game stores used to be full of old stuff, but it's mostly been picked up by resellers on eBay. The cheap games are slowly rising in price as American gamers are learning about all the cool stuff over there. Japanese versions of the same games we have used to be cheaper than the US versions, even with shipping. That's not necessarily the case anymore.

in japan it used to be cheaper, all CIB too. i've seen vids of japanese stores with CIB FF super famicom games going for the equivalent of like $15 there.
fucking insane.

if i could read japanese i'd be really interested in japanese rpgs and would rather collect for super famicom, for sure. cheaper on my wallet and same game. alas, i can't and studying only does 'so much'.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

I expect most of the quality titles in the PS2 library to pick up quite a bit in value as it ages and some people get priced out of collecting for other consoles. Vita and WiiU will probably gain or at least hold value due to low sales numbers, but I would expect any large increases to happen when the systems are 10-15 years old.